Collapse

BU recruit 2015- Kain Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a little confusing, but it was Karl Harris, an athletic 2-guard from Chicago De La Salle, who committed to LaSalle University yesterday, not Kain Harris of St. Rita (formerly of Morgan Park), the Bradley recruit. Kain Harris is still available.

Comment

I'm sorry for the mistake.

My only defense was it was late at night and I was keeping an eye on the weather to see how bad Ana was going to treat us. Thank goodness the storm did not affect us except for some rain.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
        My only defense was it was late at night and I was keeping an eye on the weather to see how bad Ana was going to treat us. Thank goodness the storm did not affect us except for some rain.
        LTF, Where are you, are you in Hawaii?

Comment

We will be leaving Maui tomorrow for California, darn it.

The most rain we got on this island was about 3.5 inches. There was quite a thunder and lightning show.

Comment

Kain Harris visited Pitt this past weekend, b ut there is no word of him making any decision yet. He currently has offers from Bradley, DePaul, Minnesota, South Carolina, and West Virginia. Illinois and Creighton are also very interested.

Comment

I don't know if Bradley is still recruiting Kain Harris, but he is one of a few 2015 BU recruits left on the board who has not committed yet.
              He visited Western Michigan University this weekend.

Comment

Kain Harris commits to Tulane.

Comment

Yet another former Bradley recruit is available -
                  Kain Harris is leaving Tulane & transferring...

I am NOT recommending we pursue him....but he isn't bad...
                  In two years at Tulane-
                  -he averaged 5 ppg in his freshman yea
                  -and averaged 9 ppg as a soph...

He's a 6-4 SG but hits only 34% from the arc and averages only 0.3 assists per game..

Here's what's interesting

Of all those Chicago High School kids that made an appearance at a PRESEASON Bradley game back in 2012...
                  that was called "a defining moment" in Bradley's history....and that all those players were quality DI recruits that were all sure budding stars....

But here's kind of a summary five years after that 2012 event...
                  several have finally made a DI roster...but VERY FEW in retrospect five years later, would have helped us at all.

Kain Harris - landed at Tulane, now transferring
                  Josh Cunningham - transferred from Bradley - now one redshirt year and one injury plagued year at Dayton, 6.7 ppg
                  Tyquone Greer - juco then Hofstra, 5 ppg
                  Marlon Jones - juco then New Mexico State, 5 ppg, then injured most of the season
                  Paul Turner - prep school then juco, now signed with Green Bay
                  Tevin King - a year of prep school then South Dakota State, avg. 4 ppg
                  Karriem Simmons - at juco in AZ
                  Alonzo Chatman - Morehead State, barely played, 1 ppg
                  Xzavier Taylor - transferred to IPFW, reserve averaging 5 ppg

Comment

Not Surprising

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                    Yet another former Bradley recruit is available -
                    Kain Harris is leaving Tulane & transferring...

I am NOT recommending we pursue him....but he isn't bad...
                    In two years at Tulane-
                    -he averaged 5 ppg in his freshman yea
                    -and averaged 9 ppg as a soph...

He's a 6-4 SG but hits only 34% from the arc and averages only 0.3 assists per game..

Here's what's interesting

Of all those Chicago High School kids that made an appearance at a PRESEASON Bradley game back in 2012...
                    that was called "a defining moment" in Bradley's history....and that all those players were quality DI recruits that were all sure budding stars....

But here's kind of a summary five years after that 2012 event...
                    several have finally made a DI roster...but VERY FEW in retrospect five years later, would have helped us at all.

Kain Harris - landed at Tulane, now transferring
                    Josh Cunningham - transferred from Bradley - now one redshirt year and one injury plagued year at Dayton, 6.7 ppg
                    Tyquone Greer - juco then Hofstra, 5 ppg
                    Marlon Jones - juco then New Mexico State, 5 ppg, then injured most of the season
                    Paul Turner - prep school then juco, now signed with Green Bay
                    Tevin King - a year of prep school then South Dakota State, avg. 4 ppg
                    Karriem Simmons - at juco in AZ
                    Alonzo Chatman - Morehead State, barely played, 1 ppg
                    Xzavier Taylor - transferred to IPFW, reserve averaging 5 ppg
                    Coach Ford was the worst basketball coach in our history.

Comment

A defining moment for Bradley program

In the 23 years I've covered Bradley men's basketball as a beat, what I saw Friday night at Renaissance Coliseum was unprecedented.....

I'm talking about the entourage from Chicago in the stands watching the Bradley Red-White scrimmage.

...The end result can only be a positive one for the Bradley men's basketball program.

...Remember this day, Bradley fans. It may take some time. But it may well be a moment that ushers in a return to glory for the Braves.

Yeah, right.

Comment

It is embarrassing to look back at that scrimmage and how giddy we all were.....

My expectations have tempered dramatically the last few years.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X