What is going on with baseball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with baseball?

I know that bad weather was a factor, but only 13 home games and none against some of the smaller teams they used to play?
    The atmosphere at yesterday's Murray St game seemed strange. The score, unfortunately, was predictable. But I noticed: no tickets for any game in this series, no chasing down foul balls, and lots of guys getting chances to play, even before the score got out of hand.

I am worried about the team, especially given the financial situation.

Bradley loses their last 5 games of the season by scores of 12-6, 12-4, 9-3. 13-0, and 16-3.
    They finish the 2024 regular season 13-37-1 overall, and 6-21 in the MVC, and tied for last place with Valpo.. They were 1-12 at home this season. The only home win was back on April 6.

I've commented on the status of the BU baseball program before, so I won't belabor the point - https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...adley-baseball

But here is the updated record for the coach after 17 seasons-
    2024- 13-37-1, 6-21
    2023- 16-32, 7-20
    2022- 20-29, 11-10
    2021- 20-22, 12-10
    2020- 4-6, 0-0
    2019- 31-19, 11-10
    2018- 32-19, 11-10
    2017- 20-31, 6-14
    2016- 29-21, 11-9
    2015- 36-21, 10-11
    2014- 24-27, 5-16
    2013- 17-32, 2-19
    2012- 27-27-1, 8-13
    2011- 22-32, 4-17
    2010- 20-32, 8-13
    2009- 16-32, 4-17
    2008- 26-28, 10-14

Here are the stats for the 2024 season - http://www.mvc.org/baseball/2024/lgsumm.htm
    Bradley yielded an MVC-high of over 8 runs per game, while scoring the fewest runs in the MVC.
    Bradley baseball was once a respected program, but unfortunately it has now become a laughingstock.

Comment

So, only 4 winning seasons out of 17 yrs here? AND, in those only four seasons that were above .500, still they were only barely over .500 in MVC play, 43-40.
      Comes a time that the coach & the lapdog PJS hafta stop making alibis like Covid, bad luck, too many freshman, etc. He’s had plenty of GOOD players, top talent, so why can’t he do better than .250-.300 winning percentages?

Rumor was that because of the former administration, they were locked in to long term with the coach & paying him way more than the average MVC salary, but by now, he’s gotta go even if he is a nice guy & people like him.

Someone once said on this board:

Originally posted by ******* View Post
      For ALL the desperate never should have let les go folks,
      I can't understand how you can't all get together with what I will assume is a great amount of
      donor money and demand to meet with the Board of Trustees and/or
      Madam President herself and threaten to withhold your money/support
      along with all other local supporters of BU MBB....
      ...Are all the big money BU MBB supporters in your camp re AD, Prez, Dump GF?
      Line them up, money talks, not message boards...
      Go get em!
      yup, that was exactly what the fans did, and it worked and the trifecta (JKG, MC & Geno) were all sent packing.
      But baseball's different. 98% of the BU fanbase don't care enough to gripe about Elvis, so he gets a pass.​

Comment

My fear is a bit darker than that. Given financial difficulties and how expensive baseball is to operate.. (travel, renting Dozer)...

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
          98% of the BU fanbase don't care enough to gripe about Elvis, so he gets a pass.​
          If nobody cares about baseball and it doesn't generate any revenue, does it even matter if Bradley eliminates the program? It would be interesting to see a study comparing donations to Bradley from the different athletic programs. I have heard some say that the largest donations come from baseball alums who make the big leagues. If this is true, then Bradley needs to find the right leadership and invest the money needed to compete with the top teams in the Valley.
          The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
          Working...
          X