Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Beverley

Two news items today out of Chitown.

One source says Patrick Beverley has eliminated Illinois completely and quotes Beverley's high school coach,Marshall Bryant.

But when both Beverley and Bruce Weber are quoted, they both say something else.

I wish the Braves could land someone like this...........the kid can score............he would be a star in the Valley...........all these kids think their going to start at illinois and some will get a surprise............also says he's passed his college test!

Comment

Re: Patrick Beverley

Originally posted by chitownBUB

But when both Beverley and Bruce Weber are quoted, they both say something else.
      http://www.suntimes.com/output/prep/cst-spt-bev26.html
      Where is Bruce Weber quoted? That would be a NCAA violation if he talked about an unsigned recruit.

Comment

A coach can comment on an unsigned recruit to the extent that the coach can confirm weather or not the coach is recruiting the player. See 18b:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

That's funny MR-
          as this morning in the Chicago Tribune (an article that I don't think is on the website)
          it says exactly that:

"College coaches are permitted to say whether they are recruiting a player. But NCAA rules prohibit them from saying whether they have offered a scholarship."

'Holla at Me'
          By Teddy Greenstein
          on the college football page.

Comment

It's my understanding that a coach can answer "yes" or "no" if someone asks them if they are recruiting a player. And that is it.

Comment

There is a report that Patrick Beverley's family has called the media outlets in Chicago and set a press conference for Wednesday to announce his decision.

The is a subscription site, but notes the press conference-
              Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Some message boards like the Illini board say he hasn't qualified yet. He just finished several visits, the last one to Arkansas, and the rumor is that's where he wants to go. His recruiting has been a real circus, and the family's press conference is more of the same. Scout only lists him as a 2-star recruit.

"Peoria, land of 10,000 coaches"

Comment

There is an announcement to all the local media that Patrick Beverley
                will have a press conference at 3PM tomorrow (Wednesday, April 19) to announce his college decision.

This reminds me a bit of Shaun Livingston (although SL was an NBA lottery pick). But this kid thinks he is a whole lot better and more desirable than apparently most of the college recruiters did. All he has to select from are Arkansas and Michigan.
                Both teams had double digits in losses last year, both were well outside the top 40 (RPI) and both finished well out of the running for their conference titles. The biggest difference was that Michigan was an NIT team, and Arkansas was a one and done NCAA team that lost to a midmajor.

Comment

Good news for Patrick Beverley.
                  Might be a lot of playing time open if Arkansas Razorback guard Ronnie Brewer stays in the NBA draft.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X