Collapse

2025 Matthew Zobrist commits to BU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Connor Dillon is from Peoria! That's Great! I'm talking about getting a star player out of Peoria right from HighSchool! When did we last if ever do this at Bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by Stevezall View Post
      I know Connor Dillon is from Peoria! That's Great! I'm talking about getting a star player out of Peoria right from HighSchool! When did we last if ever do this at Bradley?
      In the last 20+ seasons, other than several walk-ons (Peter Hanley, Thomas Hall, Lou Griffith, Mason Alwan, Ryan Phillips, Brian Lavin, Kevin Jones) and a few scholarship players players from surrounding towns (Nate Kennell, Jordan Prosser, Dyricus Simms-Edwards, Donivine Stewart, Jeremy Crouch, and Danny Adams), the last Peoria prep player that Bradley landed was Daniel Ruffin from Peoria High School, who played at Bradley from 2004-2008.
      Ruffin was a class of 2003 Jim Les recruit, but redshirted the 2003-04 season.

Comment

Great start for the 2025 recruiting cycle! He lit it up all summer with Mid Pro! Welcome to BU Matthew!!

Comment

Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
          I’ve been around a while on this board as Da Coach can attest too!
          Who is this masked man?

Comment

I just logged in for the first time in awhile, I thought I saw BW celebrating with him at the Grille on Sunday night. Awesome news, I think he will be great in the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
              I just logged in for the first time in awhile, I thought I saw BW celebrating with him at the Grille on Sunday night. Awesome news, I think he will be great in the Valley.
              Yes sir - I think so too! Nice to see you back on here.

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
                He's been leaning toward Bradley for a while, but from what I hear, he made his commitment official Sunday pm, which is why we posted this thread when we did Sunday - https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...-bu#post521030

Comment

Matthew Zobrist announcement- https://x.com/matthew_zobrist/status...10891349913834

Comment

Comments from AAU coach and basketball bloggers- https://x.com/search?q=matthew%20zob...d_query&f=live

Comment

Yup we’re seeing the proof all over
                      IMG_2659.png

Comment

Dave Eminian just posted a great article about Matthew Zobrist committing to Bradley - https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...t/74332195007/

He says, "Metamora star senior guard Matthew Zobrist accepted Bradley's offer, officially committing to the Braves on Tuesday."
                        That's not exactly correct. He committed Sunday, as we reported at the beginning of this thread.​

He also lists the schools that offered Matthew- "Illinois State, Bryant, Eastern Illinois, Penn, Belmont, Saint Louis, Indiana State and Loyola-Chicago".

I've heard there were other schools that offered in addition to those.
                        Belmont was in his final couple considerations along with Bradley.
                        But I have no doubt there would have been many more offers if he waited until after his senior year to commit, possibly including some high major programs.

Comment

WEEK/WHOI's Jim Mattson made a trip out to Metamora to get the first interview with the newest Bradley Brave Matthew Zobrist - https://x.com/hoijim/status/1810738623106445671

Comment

Matthew Zobrist has worn the # 5 at Metamora HS and in summer ball, and he posed with the # 5 for the pictures in a Bradley uniform (below).
                            Currently, Christian Davis wears # 5, so if he were to return for an extra year in 2025-26 when Zobrist gets to Bradley, that will have to be resolved. But it looks like Matthew will probably be the next # 5 for Bradley when that number becomes available. Prior to Christian Davis, Mikey Howell wore # 5 for one season in 2021-22, Sean East wore # 5 for one season in 2020-21, and Darrell Brown wore it for 4 seasons prior to that (2016-2020).

Note that Matthew's father, Aaron Zobrist wore #5 for his career at Bradley (1993-1997).
                            Others in Bradley history to wear # 5 prior to Christian Davis, Mikey Howell, and Sean East-

Comment

Another short interview, this one by Kurt Pegler of WMBD-TV - https://x.com/KurtPegler/status/1810788315328590204

Comment

I'm Greedy now that we got Matthew to stay Home! Can we pull off another with D.Richardson from Peoria? It's been 20+ years according to Da Coach since we landed a peoria star right out of Highschool!!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X