Collapse

2024-25 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming we end up with 31 scheduled games, then there’s still 3 non-conference games yet to be revealed.
    I’m hoping at least one is a P-5 school but I’m also thinking one will be a DII

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Evansville's non-conference schedule is out

Ohio State & Texas had NET's better than 100, and a couple more were in the 130 range, the rest were >>200...
      Ohio State was NET 49 last year, and North Texas was 79 - https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings - https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...l-net-rankings

A couple opportunities for a quadrant 1 road win. But UE has had a huge roster makeover, losing their top 5 scorers. So it will be a longshot.
      2023-24 stats- https://gopurpleaces.com/documents/2...UEMBBStats.pdf
      2024-25 roster- https://gopurpleaces.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Comment

funny, but Dave Eminian has yet to note or mention Canisius - yet we know pretty certain we will play them Dec. 21
        Also, ULM and Wright State are "done deals" for the Myrtle Beach tourney, according to bloggingthebracket.com, not "believed to be."
        Bradley will be in a lineup with Middle Tennessee, Ohio, Portland, Princeton and South Florida. The final two teams — believed to be Wright State and Louisiana-Monroe — are finalizing their commitment to the tourney.
        Dave needs to get onto the same page. lol
        My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Official announcement from Bradley about their participation in the 2024 Myrtle Beach Invitational - https://bradleybraves.com/news/2024/...itational.aspx

Comment

I’m excited for this! I’ve already signed up for tickets - Go Braves!!

Comment

a little off topic, but I was just reading about the non-conference schedule that Texas just released..
              ..especially their home slate for their home fans...
              They play ONE single home game against a ranked opponent, then here are the rest of their home non-conference games..

Houston Christian, Chicago State, Mississippi Valley State, Delaware State, New Mexico State, Arkansas Pine Bluff, New Orleans, Northwestern State.

Every single one of those opponents had a NET of 289 or worse, many were WAY worse... in the 340 to 360 range.
              Mississippi Valley State was dead last in NET (362), Houston Christian, New Orleans & Northwestern State were all right there in the bottom 5% of DI teams.
              Their fans must be really looking forward to this schedule.

Comment

a little off topic, but I was just reading about the non-conference schedule that Texas just released..
                ..especially their home slate for their home fans...
                They play ONE single home game against a ranked opponent, then here are the rest of their home non-conference games..

Houston Christian, Chicago State, Mississippi Valley State, Delaware State, New Mexico State, Arkansas Pine Bluff, New Orleans, Northwestern State.

Every single one of those opponents had a NET of 289 or worse, many were WAY worse... in the 340 to 360 range.
                Mississippi Valley State was dead last in NET (362), Houston Christian, New Orleans & Northwestern State were all right there in the bottom 5% of DI teams.
                Their fans must be really looking forward to this schedule.
                If they get points for scheduling higher division teams then they should get points taken away for scheduling so many lower division teams. However kudos to those lower division teams who are able to schedule Texas and a chance to beat them

Comment

Wow. Either Texas thinks their conference is that tough that they need cupcakes or the coach doesn’t believe in what he has.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalFan14 View Post
                    Wow. Either Texas thinks their conference is that tough that they need cupcakes or the coach doesn’t believe in what he has.
                    They have a couple former MVC/Indiana State guys, Jayson Kent and Julian Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

They have a couple former MVC/Indiana State guys, Jayson Kent and Julian Larry.
                      So why all the softies in their schedule?

Comment

Don't know, but a lot of high major programs do this. They believe the strength of their conference will make up for a weak non-conference schedule, and the extra wins look good on their record in the end.
                        Texas is now one of 16 members of the SEC with only one auto-bid up for grabs. And they are rebuilding after losing nearly all of their talent from last year. 5 of their regular rotation players were 5th year grad students who I think are out of eligibility (Abmas, Disu, Shedrick, Horton, & Cunningham), plus they lost nearly everyone else of significance to the transfer portal (Hunter, Mitchell, and several reserves). Maybe they believe their best chance is to rack up easy wins early and hope the strength of the SEC will carry them to an at-large bid.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalFan14 View Post

So why all the softies in their schedule?
                          who knows but read a few comments from fans... (I edited out the expletives)

"Holy ****, looks like they scrolled all the way down on KenPom and started from there"
                          "Yawn"
                          "Texas with the charmin soft non con"
                          "yesh, this is bad"
                          "Lets play against every sub 300 team we could find."
                          "Cupcake schedule. Will hurt them come tourney seeding time."

Comment

who knows but read a few comments from fans... (I edited out the expletives)

"Holy ****, looks like they scrolled all the way down on KenPom and started from there"
                            "Yawn"
                            "Texas with the charmin soft non con"
                            "yesh, this is bad"
                            "Lets play against every sub 300 team we could find."
                            "Cupcake schedule. Will hurt them come tourney seeding time."
                            You…and they…are making my point.

Comment

In reverse, I don't know why more teams don't schedule like Michigan State does, who isn't afraid to play better teams. They are more tested and they often come to the tournament at something like 20-14 but then everyone picks against them and they regularly get to the sweet 16, even on down years, often outperforming other Big Ten schools who won't schedule anybody.
                              Go Braves!

Comment

From Jim Mattson - https://x.com/hoijim/status/1820931429867413777

At today's MVC media conference call, Coach Wardle announced that Bradley is still looking for a couple games (one home and one away).

Unofficial 2024-25 non-conference schedule revealed, so far-
                                Monday, Nov. 4, 2024- Home game vs. SEMO - https://x.com/madeformarch/status/1783143939735695613
                                Saturday, Nov. 16, 2024- Home game vs. Northern Illinois
                                Thursday, Nov. 21, 2024-Sunday, Nov. 24- Myrtle Beach Invitational - 8 teams/3 games- Bradley, Middle Tennessee, Ohio U., Portland, Princeton, South Florida, Louisiana-Monroe, and Wright State
                                Saturday, Dec. 14, 2024- vs. Santa Clara in the Jack Jones Classic at Lee's Family Forum, Henderson, NV - https://x.com/JonRothstein/status/1795519713944150253
                                Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2024- home game vs. University of San Francisco (Bradley to play return game at USF in 2025-26 season)​
                                Saturday, Dec. 21, 2024- home game vs. Canisius College​

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X