2024-25 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoda View Post
    Washington State this year is in the West Coast Conference, the Pac-12 no longer exists....
    With Washington State on the schedule, that makes 3 opponents from the West Coast Conference- San Francisco and Santa Clara are the other 2.
    San Francisco finished the 2023-24 season 23-11 and 11-5 in the WCC, in 3rd place behind perennial powerhouse teams Gonzaga and St. Mary's. Their final NET was 66.
    Santa Clara finished 2023-24 20-13, 10-6, in 4th place, just 1 game behind San Francisco. Their final NET was 105.
    Washington State was 25-10 in 2023-24, and 14-6 and in 2nd place in the Pac 12, just 1 game behind the conference champs Arizona. Their NET was 44.

This non-conference schedule is looking really solid.

Comment

Wazzu is a great game and series. Good program and both they and Oregon State suddenly need to pay more attention to their nonconference strength of schedule with the loss of their Pac 12 rivals. Maybe give OSU a call too?
      BRADLEY BASKETBALL
      -2 NCAA Title Games
      -3 NCAA Elite Eights
      -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
      -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Washington state lost 12 players from last year a team, have one returner, 68 ppg of the 73 ppg lost. Have 7 incoming transfers and 5 freshman. Probably won't be near that 44 NET of last year but we can hope.

Comment

Non-conference schedule is complete
          Millikin is the exhibition​ - https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...hedule/2024-25

Comment

Didn't BU demolish Judson a couple years ago by 70+ points? I'm surprised they're on the schedule, again; must be receiving a nice guarantee.
            My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

This is a decent schedule, I like the Myrtle Beach tour. as I could care less about playing the P-5 schools since they will not play us a home and home . I see a few weak teams yet I also see more good teams to play on it like last season. I think we could have a great season ahead of us as long as we stay healthy. Looking forward to it.

Comment

The last 2 non-conference opponents added-
                UT-San Antonio (home game Nov. 12)- UTSA was a member of CUSA until last season, now a member of the American Athletic Conference.
                They were 11-21 last year, and 5-13 in the AAC. They were coached by Steve Henson for the last 8 seasons, but he was fired after their 3rd straight 20+ loss season (he's now an assistant at Baylor). Their new head coach is 34 year old Austin Claunch, and their roster has undergone a major re-build. Their 2024-25 roster has 11 transfers from other D1 schools.
                Roster- https://goutsa.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
                Bradley played UTSA once before, on November 18, 2017 in the Islands of the Bahamas Classic. Bradley won 71-69 thanks to 3 free throws with 0.4 seconds left by Jojo McGlaston.
                Recap- https://bradleybraves.com/news/2017/...past-utsa.aspx
                Box score- https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...boxscore/14034

Judson University (home game Nov. 29)- A small (970 students, 800 undergrads), private Baptist school located in Elgin, Illinois. The are NAIA and compete in the CCAC (Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference​). They were 12-17 last season, and 9-11 in the CCAC.
                Bradley has played Judson only once before, on December 1, 2020 in the Covid season. Bradley won with a record-setting margin of 73 points, 105-32.
                Recap - https://bradleybraves.com/news/2020/...er-judson.aspx
                Box score - https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...boxscore/19677

There are 11 non-conference games-
                6 home games- SEMO, UTSA, NIU, Judson, San Francisco, and Canisius
                4 neutral-site games- three in the Myrtle Beach Invitational and one other vs. Santa Clara in the Jack Jones Classic at Lee's Family Forum, Henderson, NV
                Only 1 true road game (at Washington State)

2024-25 non-conference schedule - https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...tball/schedule
                Monday, Nov. 4, 2024- Home game vs. SEMO
                Friday, Nov. 8, 2024- Road game at Washington State
                Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2024- Home game vs. UTSA
                Saturday, Nov. 16, 2024- Home game vs. Northern Illinois
                Thursday, Nov. 21, 2024-Sunday, Nov. 24- Myrtle Beach Invitational -8 teams/3 games-
                ...........Teams- Bradley, Middle Tennessee, Ohio U., Portland, Princeton, South Florida, Louisiana-Monroe, and Wright State
                Friday, Nov. 29, 2024- Home game vs. Judson University (NAIA)
                Saturday, Dec. 14, 2024- vs. Santa Clara in the Jack Jones Classic at Lee's Family Forum, Henderson, NV -
                Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2024- home game vs. University of San Francisco (Bradley to play return game at USF in 2025-26 season)​
                Saturday, Dec. 21, 2024- home game vs. Canisius College​​​

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post
                  Didn't BU demolish Judson a couple years ago by 70+ points? I'm surprised they're on the schedule, again; must be receiving a nice guarantee.
                  Yes they did. Judson is my parents' alma mater (where they also got married when my dad was a senior) and my best friend's brother and wife met there and got married. Went to a Judson game last year with my dad and they got hammered - down by 25 pts at home at halftime.

Not really sure why BU would even start their starters. Hopefully a chance for Timo, Gus, JaQuan can get some good experience, and really a game these guys should thrive in.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

Yes they did. Judson is my parents' alma mater (where they also got married when my dad was a senior) and my best friend's brother and wife met there and got married. Went to a Judson game last year with my dad and they got hammered - down by 25 pts at home at halftime.

Not really sure why BU would even start their starters. Hopefully a chance for Timo, Gus, JaQuan can get some good experience, and really a game these guys should thrive in.
                    I was born in Elgin. Is that where you're from, LB?
                    Larry Bird
                    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post

I was born in Elgin. Is that where you're from, LB?
                      YES Tommy - I was born in Elgin too! St. Joseph's hospital!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

YES Tommy - I was born in Elgin too! St. Joseph's hospital!
                        Small world! I believe I was born in Sherman hospital and went to Huff elementary and lived on Illinois Street!
                        Larry Bird
                        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Myrtle Beach pairings: https://x.com/MyrtleInvite/status/18...002305/photo/1

BU plays Texas State, which replaces Louisiana-Monroe, in the first round. Also in the bracket are Princeton and Wright State. BU will play one of these two in the second round.
                          My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

It's on ESPNU too, which is nice.

Hoping for TXST->Princeton->South Florida
                            BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                            -2 NCAA Title Games
                            -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                            -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                            -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post
                              Myrtle Beach pairings: https://x.com/MyrtleInvite/status/18...002305/photo/1

BU plays Texas State, which replaces Louisiana-Monroe, in the first round. Also in the bracket are Princeton and Wright State. BU will play one of these two in the second round.
                              full bracket

GVl0Fg1XMAA84u4?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

Comment

This is a good tour. for Bradley.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X