Commitment from Corey Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoda View Post
    one more thing - if he chooses to wear #24, then the NIL shop & apparel shop won't have to print new jerseys- they can use the ones they already have

so this spring, we lose a Connor (Hickman) & a (Kyle) Thomas, and replace them with a Connor (Dillon) & a (Corey) Thomas
    Lol!..

Comment

We should start a thread on this year recruiting group. The way it is shaping up this could be one of Wardle's best recruiting years. But probably better wait to make sure they all sign.

Comment

You had me at 1.5 turnovers a game.
        Larry Bird
        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

In the game against NW Florida State,
          Corey Thomas led Cowley with 20 points on 8-13 shooting and 9 rebounds, 7 of those rebounds on the offensive end.

Comment

Should we be concerned about 215lb.? Get pushed around in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by MacabreMob View Post
              In the Valley? Brodie is gone, and there weren't any other real big guys.

Comment

He grew alot in a short period of time. His weight will start catching up with his height has slowed down

Comment

Per Dave’s article, it sounds like Wardle wants another freshman with our last scholarship. If that’s the case, we really didn’t use the portal much. Right now we’ve added 2 freshmen, a D-2 transfer (technically could call this a portal add, but not typically what I think of with the transfer portal), and a JuCo transfer. Our only real portal addition was Zek, a guy who had been here before and decided to come back. I just find it interesting that while other schools are recruiting players mostly from other D-1 programs, Wardle is still mostly focusing on freshmen and Junior College kids, and seems to be having success with it.

Comment

I like it. Malevy was JUCO. Davis was D2. We’ve had more success going after lower level guys than Big East transfers. Not that I would foreclose anything.
                    BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                    -2 NCAA Title Games
                    -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                    -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                    -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSince09 View Post
                      Per Dave’s article, it sounds like Wardle wants another freshman with our last scholarship. If that’s the case, we really didn’t use the portal much. Right now we’ve added 2 freshmen, a D-2 transfer (technically could call this a portal add, but not typically what I think of with the transfer portal), and a JuCo transfer. Our only real portal addition was Zek, a guy who had been here before and decided to come back. I just find it interesting that while other schools are recruiting players mostly from other D-1 programs, Wardle is still mostly focusing on freshmen and Junior College kids, and seems to be having success with it.
                      I think as a mid major it is solid strategy in this current age of the transfer portal and NIL.

We aren't going to compete for some of the top D1 transfers, we just lack the NIL capability that many of those who transfer are looking for.

With all the focus on D1 transfers there is a ton of high school, Juco and D2 talent going under the radar. Give some of these guys a chance and recruit those who actually want to be here, not just for the highest NIL deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post

I think as a mid major it is solid strategy in this current age of the transfer portal and NIL.

We aren't going to compete for some of the top D1 transfers, we just lack the NIL capability that many of those who transfer are looking for.

With all the focus on D1 transfers there is a ton of high school, Juco and D2 talent going under the radar. Give some of these guys a chance and recruit those who actually want to be here, not just for the highest NIL deal.
                        I totally agree.

Comment

I generally agree. I could also see leaving one open for a late find. There are just too many kids in the portal and from high school thinking they are going power 5 and there just are not that many seats. When the music stops there have to be some good kids without a seat. When you look at the portal every kid seems to say I’ve been contacted by 17 schools. The other side of that is every school contacts 20 kids for the 4 spots they have open. This used to play out for a high school kid over a year while everything happens in a month now for the portal and late signing high school kids.
                          houstonbrave

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post
                            This has worked well for many mid-majors. Several recent Bradley players were high-school and juco recruits who developed into terrific D1 players, including Darrel Brown, Elijah Childs, Ja'Shon Henry, Rienk Mast, Malevy Leons, Terry Roberts, Zek Montgomery, Darius Hannah, Connor Hickman, and others.
                            The problem now with that strategy is that after they develop into quality players, many of those players get lured away into the portal with the NIL money at the bigger schools. It means that schools like Bradley can still get good players and become good teams, but those teams usually never reach the full potential of how good they can become because they keep losing their best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

This has worked well for many mid-majors. Several recent Bradley players were high-school and juco recruits who developed into terrific D1 players, including Darrel Brown, Elijah Childs, Ja'Shon Henry, Rienk Mast, Malevy Leons, Terry Roberts, Zek Montgomery, Darius Hannah, Connor Hickman, and others.
                              The problem now with that strategy is that after they develop into quality players, many of those players get lured away into the portal with the NIL money at the bigger schools. It means that schools like Bradley can still get good players and become good teams, but those teams usually never reach the full potential of how good they can become because they keep losing their best players.
                              Yeah, if P5 schools are throwing $250k at players like Avila, we will never see a guy like Childs grow and mature into a senior at BU ever again. Makes me realize what Malevy must have passed on in order to stay (though I am aware that international players have restrictions that American players don't). Malevy will always be one of my favorite all-time Braves for sticking around, not to mention being one of the best players we've ever had.
                              Larry Bird
                              I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

I’m guessing our strength and conditioning staff have already got him up 5lbs with more to go. It seems like they do a great job of beefing up our players.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X