• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

final of that girls game was 74-10

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
      final of that girls game was 74-10
      That's not correct. The final was 79-10. Here are the full stats - https://www.wissports.net/game/show/...ferrer=8120062

As posted last night the halftime score was 50-2. The game would have been an even bigger blowout, except the Pius XI girls held the ball for lengthy stretches in the 2nd half (there is no shot clock) to hold down the score.

Also, correction on the score of last night's Pope Pius XI boys game (hard to get accurate info immediately after games)-
      Pius XI BEAT West Allis Central 81-68 to improve to 4-3,
      Jaquan Johnson had 50 points on 20-29 shooting, 6-10 FTs, and 4-9 from three. He also had 7 rebounds, 9 assists, and 6 steals.
      Box score- https://www.wissports.net/game/show/...ferrer=8069705

He is now averaging 33.6 points per game.​

Comment

Looks like he is a one man wrecking crew. Can't wait to see what he can accomplish next year.

Comment

Jaquan Johnson's team, Pope Pius XI played again last night, and lost to Sussex Hamilton HS 57-65.
          Jaquan had 30 of Pius XI's 57 points. He was 7-17 from the floor and 16-17 from the FT line.
          He also had 4 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. His season scoring average is now 33.1 ppg. He is also averaging 9.1 rpg, and 7.6 apg.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach on 12/16/23 View Post
            Pius XI BEAT West Allis Central 81-68 to improve to 4-3,
            Jaquan Johnson had 50 points on 20-29 shooting, 6-10 FTs, and 4-9 from three. He also had 7 rebounds, 9 assists, and 6 steals.
            Box score- https://www.wissports.net/game/show/...ferrer=8069705
            Condensed game video of this game where Jaquan Johnson was 20-29 for 50 points (#22 in white)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZfC2RrBhE

Originally posted by Da Coach 12/20/23 View Post
            ...Pope Pius XI played again last night, and lost to Sussex Hamilton HS 57-65.
            Jaquan had 30 of Pius XI's 57 points. He was 7-17 from the floor and 16-17 from the FT line.
            He also had 4 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals. His season scoring average is now 33.1 ppg. He is also averaging 9.1 rpg, and 7.6 apg.
            Condensed game video from last night's game where Johnson had 30 points in a loss to Sussex Hamilton (#22 in black)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZfC2RrBhE​

Comment

Pope Pius XI won tonight, beating Port Washington HS 86-67 to improve to 5-4.
              Bradley commit Jaquan Johnson had another great game with 41 points, 9 rebounds, and 9 assists. He boosts his scoring average to 34.0 ppg.
              They don't play again until December 29.

Comment

With Jaquan having this great year it's gotta be getting him noticed by the big boys. How solid is his committment?

Comment

I spent some time watching HS game video for Jaquan and was extremely disappointed. His on the ball and especially off the ball defensive habits and behaviors are awful and in my opinion, inexcusable. He appears to take an extremely casual approach to basketball. In my opinion, these habits are unlikely to change at the next level and he will be a liability when on the floor. I understand that anyone can change but his lack of effort is glaring. Any D-1 kid will love playing against him. I would love to hear what Coach Wardle thinks about his defensive shortcomings and how confident he is that he will be able to change his effort and bad habits. Also, for a guy with the nickname "Bully", he ends up on the floor quite often when driving to the rim. I like guys who can attack the rim, go chest to chest in a strong manner and get to the FT line without falling to the floor nearly every time. When a guy like this doesn't score and doesn't get the benefit of a call, we will likely find him lying on the floor and slow to get up and sprint the floor in transition. On a positive note, he does appear to get to the line often and can shoot it.

Comment

I have watched several of his games, too. And I think you could say the same things about any of his teammates, and pretty much the same for the opposing players.
                    4 of his last 5 games, the winning score has been in the 80's. And the one prior to those, the winning score was 98 points. Those kinds of scores are rarely seen in high school games in our area. They just don't appear to play much, if any, defense in those Wisconsin leagues. I think it could have more to do with the coaching than the individual players' efforts, since it seems all the players play that way. I'm pretty sure he'll have to play good defense to play at Bradley.

Comment

Probably, is told not to get into foul trouble. He scores most of the teams points every game. We are not going to get guys that are ready for D1 ball as a freshman. Those guys are going to the bigger schools. Have to take chances that’s the fun part. Bad part is if you get a good one you can’t keep them away from the big boys. Rather you want to believe it or not we are in the process of rebuilding.

Comment

Originally posted by Landof10thcoaches View Post
                        Probably, is told not to get into foul trouble. He scores most of the teams points every game. We are not going to get guys that are ready for D1 ball as a freshman. Those guys are going to the bigger schools. Have to take chances that’s the fun part. Bad part is if you get a good one you can’t keep them away from the big boys. Rather you want to believe it or not we are in the process of rebuilding.
                        We should not be in the process of rebuilding after winning the leagues regular season championship. Recruiting in the portal has to be much better plus we need to quit letting guys sit the bench for 4 seasons . Ind. St. brought in 2 guys from the portal that have made a huge difference in winning games. We should be better in recruiting players then Ind. St.

Comment

The portal is the major reason Bradley has had to rebuild. The Braves have lost their top players the last 2 seasons to high major schools who are able to offer hundreds of thousands of dollars more in NIL money.
                          And it's difficult to recruit replacements, since those who have transferred out or left made their decisions in late March when there is not an abundance of talent left.
                          Reading some posts here, you'd think Bradley was a perennial last place team. They have 3 MVC championships in the last 5 seasons, more than any MVC team.
                          How many championships has Indiana State won recently?

Comment

They are on their way to one. The new coach is seeming to do a good job in recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                              They are on their way to one. The new coach is seeming to do a good job in recruiting.
                              Yes, he has them playing well. But they haven't won anything yet, while Bradley has. My point was, fans seem to have a short memory.
                              As I noted above, Bradley has been the most successful team among the current MVC teams over the last 5 seasons.

In the last 5 seasons, here are the only teams to win any titles in the MVC-
                              Loyola- 2 regular season championships and 2 MVC Tournament titles - Note: in the last 1½ seasons they are 17-26, with a dead last place finish (15th place) in 2022-23
                              Bradley- 1 regular season championship and 2 MVC Tournament titles
                              UNI- 2 regular season championships
                              Drake- 1 regular season co-championship and 1 MVC Tournament title
                              Indiana State, SIU, Missouri State, Illinois State, Belmont, Murray State, UIC, Evansville, Valparaiso- NONE

So Bradley has as many titles in the last 5 seasons as all the other current MVC teams combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Yes, he has them playing well. But they haven't won anything yet, while Bradley has. My point was, fans seem to have a short memory.
                                As I noted above, Bradley has been the most successful team among the current MVC teams over the last 5 seasons.

In the last 5 seasons, here are the only teams to win any titles in the MVC-
                                Loyola- 2 regular season championships and 2 MVC Tournament titles - Note: in the last 1½ seasons they are 17-26, with a dead last place finish (15th place) in 2022-23
                                Bradley- 1 regular season championship and 2 MVC Tournament titles
                                UNI- 2 regular season championships
                                Drake- 1 MVC Tournament title
                                Indiana State, SIU, Missouri State, Illinois State, Belmont, Murray State, UIC, Evansville, Valparaiso- NONE

So Bradley has as many titles in the last 5 seasons as all the other current MVC teams combined.
                                I understand the frustration of many Bradley fans with how the this season took a turn, however I totally agree with DC on this. Also, it's tough to go from national recognition to where we are, but there is a lot of season left.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X