2024 Commitment..PG JaQuan Johnson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
    Jaquan Johnson ... 30 points and a bunch of assists.....
    The team's social media site says:
    "Jaquan Johnson added 30 points and 19 assists." ! - this raises his assist average to 8.6 apg

WisconsinSports.net cites Alvarez Robles' 3-pt shooting on the season as 47.2%

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post

WisconsinSports.net cites Alvarez Robles' 3-pt shooting on the season as 47.2%
      Even if the D is not that tough, this is a very nice %!
      I can't hit 47% just in practicing with no D.

Comment

Pope Pius XI won tonight beating Greendale 70-52. They improve to 14-8.
        Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gbYPOnIzk

Comment

Pope Pius XI won tonight beating Greendale 70-52. They improve to 14-8.
          Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-gbYPOnIzk
          Jaquan Johnson had 26 points in last night's game. That drops his season average to 32.3 points per game
          He is also averaging 7.6 rebounds and 8.6 assists.

Comment

Jaquan Johnson had 26 points in last night's game. That drops his season average to 32.3 points per game
            He is also averaging 7.6 rebounds and 8.6 assists.
            Pretty concerning plummet in average. Are we sure he’s a good fit considering how low his ppg has dropped?
            Larry Bird
            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post

Pretty concerning plummet in average. Are we sure he’s a good fit considering how low his ppg has dropped?
              His assists shows he is getting his other teammates involved in the offense. I like the 8.6 assists

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

His assists shows he is getting his other teammates involved in the offense. I like the 8.6 assists
                Haha! I was totally joking! Kid is clearly a stud!
                Larry Bird
                I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post

I know this was a joke, but his lowest scoring game of the season was 24 points. Not bad for an "off-game". His highest scoring game was a 50-point game earlier in the season.
                  Pope Pius XI will finish 3rd in their conference. The 2 teams ahead of them are among the top teams in the state, and 4 of their 5 conference losses came against those two teams.
                  They have one more non-conference game scheduled before the state playoffs start.

Comment

Coach Wardle and the staff have done a terrific job recruiting in recent years. It's nice to see Bradley go after and land guards who are proven scorers, and not simply athletes.
                    These last 2 Milwaukee recruits have been prolific scorers in high school. Demarion Burch averaged 27.3 ppg as a senior last year at Milwaukee Alexander Hamilton HS, and 2024 commit Jaquan Johnson averaged 27.2 ppg as a junior last season at Milwaukee Pope Pius XI HS.
                    Current players...
                    Duke Deen was a Top 20 scorer in the NJCAA with an average of 20.0 ppg at Panola College before he attended Troy University.
                    Emarion Ellis was the Class 3A Player of the Year in Iowa in 2020-21 at Assumption High School in Davenport, IA, where he averaged 18.1 points per game as a senior.
                    Christian Davis had a 55 point game as a senior in high school in Denver that included 15-19 on three pointers- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwirZfr8Bo
                    Connor Hickman was a terrific scorer (15.0 ppg) his junior year in high school helping lead his Bloomington South HS (which included 2 other D1 recruits) to a 26-0 record and a likely state championship before the tournament was cancelled due to Covid. (he missed his senior year due to injury).
                    And I don't want to forget anyone... Darius Hannah averaged 17.6 ppg and 11.3 rpg his senior year at Milwaukee Academy of Science and Malevy Leons was the consensus Junior College Player of the Year at Mineral Area College averaging 18.7 points and 9.5 rebounds as a sophomore.
                    We have come so far since the despondent days of Coach Ford and poor Athletic Directors. Coach Wardle and VP Chris Reynolds have brought us back to prominence in the MVC. Since 2015, we have made steady progress. We can recruit against recent history and a rich tradition. I view all games and news with renewed pride and interest. I also appreciate most of the PJS articles I am able to read. Duvall and Eminian do a nice job covering the Braves just like Reynolds did. I am so thankful we are in the information age, so I can follow the team easily in Northern Illinois. Go Braves!!

Comment

They have one more non-conference game scheduled before the state playoffs start.
                      In their final regular season game, Pope Pius XI beat Greenfield 79-75. They finish the regular season 15-8.
                      Jaquan Johnson had 30 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 assists.

Comment

Pope PiusXI is the #3 seeded team in their district for the Wisconsin WIAA state playoffs. They get a bye in the opening round, and play next Friday (March 1) against the winner of Waukesha West vs. New Berlin Eisenhower.

Comment

Pope Pius XI beat Waukesha West 98-85 in their regional tournament game tonight. I watched some of the game and can say Jaquan Johnson officially had a bunch of points. I'll find the stats later. Pope Pius XI improves to 16-8 and moves on to the next round. They will play Burlington HS (20-5, won last 11 games) Saturday night (3/2).

Comment

Pope Pius XI beat Waukesha West 98-85 in their regional tournament game tonight. I watched some of the game and can say Jaquan Johnson officially had a bunch of points. I'll find the stats later. Pope Pius XI improves to 16-8 and moves on to the next round. They will play Burlington HS (20-5, won last 11 games) Saturday night (3/2).
                            His point guard play is outstanding, defense needs to be a lot better.

Comment

Jaquan Johnson had 36 points in last night's game.

Comment

...Pope Pius XI improves to 16-8 and moves on to the next round. They will play Burlington HS (20-5, won last 11 games) Saturday night (3/2).
                                PiusXI just beat Burlington 54-52 in a low-scoring game to win their Regional. Pius XI, played very good defense, took the lead in the final minute and held on. Again, Jaquan Johnson played well, and was clutch down the stretch.
                                It was live streamed here, and can probably be watched again - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sevq5ivsAc

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X