Collapse

2023-24 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bradley will host Cleveland State as part of its 23-24 non-conference schedule, per sources. The date is set for Saturday, December 16th in Peoria.
    Cleveland State was 21-14 last season (2022-23), and 14-6 in the Horizon League. Their 14-6 record tied them for 2nd place along with Milwaukee and Northern Kentucky, one game behind regular season champion Youngstown State (15-5). They were the #3 seed in the Horizon League tournament. They advanced to the tournament championship game, and lost to #4 seed Northern Kentucky.
    Cleveland State played in the 2023 CBI, and lost in the first round to Eastern Kentucky 91-75, who tied for 3rd in the ASUN.
    They finished the season with a NET of 185.

They will be coached by Daniyal Robinson, a former Illinois State assistant, in his 2nd season at Clevelnad State.
    For 2023-24, they return their top 3 starters from last season:
    Leading scorer Tristan Enaruna (15.0 ppg), a 6'8" senior forward from the Netherlands. He played previously at Kansas and Iowa State.
    2nd leading scorer Tae Williams (11.1 ppg), a 6'7" junior forward, who is originally from Chicago Orr HS.
    3rd leading scorer Drew Louder, a 5'11" senior guard (9.8 ppg, and 33.5% from three).

From the Transfer Portal, they added 6'4" junior guard Tevin Smith (10.9 ppg, 31.4% from three), a transfer from Denver, who was a past Bradley recruit. 6'11" sophomore Dok Muordar from South Florida (0.8 ppg, 0.8 rpg), and 5th year grad transfer T.J. Moss from Detroit (5.0 ppg and 30.0% from three).
    They also added 2 junior college recruits (6'9" KJ Debrick, 7.7 ppg at juco national champion John A. Logan CC, and 6'1" Jalin Rice 16 ppg at NE Mississippi CC), and one freshman (6'1" guard Danny Young a 25 ppg scorer at Shaker Heights HS).
    2022-23 stats- https://www.csuvikings.com/sports/m-...eup&r=1&pos=sh
    2023-24 roster- https://www.csuvikings.com/sports/m-...2023-24/roster

Comment

Good schedule so far opening on the road at UAB. Hoping the Valley schedule mixes it up more with us not playing UNI at the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        College basketball blogger Rocco Miller tweeted the 4 teams in the Sand Division reportedly will be Cal State Bakersfield, Austin Peay, Sacramento State, and Tarleton State....
        Bradley reportedly will host Tarleton State, date to be announced.
        Tarleton State finished last season 17-17 overall (just 13-17 against D1 opponents) and 9-9 in the Western Athletic Conference. They finished 7th in the 13-team WAC, and finished the season with a NET of 165. Last season was just their 3rd in Division I.
        They played in the 2023 CBI and were eliminated in their first game, a 70-72 overtime loss against Radford.
        Historical record- https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ton-state/men/
        Schedule/results- https://tarletonsports.com/sports/me...tball/schedule

They lost their leading scorer Freddy Hicks (16.2 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 34.0% from three), a 6'6" G/F who transferred to Arkansas State, and their 4th leading scorer Shamir Bogues (9.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, and 36.2% from three), who transferred to Vermont. They also lost starter Shakur Daniel (7.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 36.7% from three), who exhausted his eligibility.
        But their 2nd leading scorer, 6'5" guard Lue Williams (10.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 41.2% from three) returns, as does the 3rd leading scorer Jakorie Smith (9.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 33.7% from three), a 6'6 forward.
        There were 19 players listed on their 2023-24 roster, 17 of which saw action.
        2023-24 Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tats/_/id/2627

There was a lot of roster turnover at the end of last season, with 11 players transferring out. But head coach Billy Gillispie has commitments from 11 new players, including 3 incoming transfers, 6 juco recruits for 2023, and a couple incoming freshmen.

Comment

Vermont will visit Bradley on November 625th ($65k) and Virginia Tech on December 16th ($90k) in non-conference games, per public records obtained by @TheD1Docket.

Comment

I've marked my calendar for November 625th (no doubt a typo; most likely November 25th).
            My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Bradley is also reported to be playing a home game Thursday, Dec. 28 against DII Truman State.
              It is listed as an exhibition game for Truman State, but will be a regular season scheduled game for Bradley-

https://trumanbulldogs.com/sports/me...tball/schedule

The Non-conference schedule is getting close to being finalized.

What we think we know so far-
              Nov. 6 (Mon)- at UAB
              Nov. 11 (Sat)- Home vs. Utah State 7:00pm- (2nd game of a home-and-home agreement )

Nov. TBD- Home vs. Tarleton State (part of SoCal Challenge)
              Nov. 20 & 22 (Mon & Wed)- 2023 SoCal Challenge in San Juan Capistrano, CA. Teams- Bradley,
              Cal, Tulane, & UTEP
              Nov. 25. (Sat)- Home vs. Vermont (buy game)

Probable first 2 MVC games

Dec. 5 (Tues)- at Akron (2nd game of a home-and-home agreement)
              Dec. 16 (Sat)- Home vs Cleveland State
              Dec. 18 Mon)- vs. Duquesne at St. Vincent-St. Mary HS in Akron, Ohio
              Dec. 28 (Thurs)- Truman State
              And the remainder of the 20-game MVC schedule

Also- Likely home game against SIUE as part of the 2 for 1 deal
              Possible game at SEMO

Comment

D1 Docket's spreadsheet is showing D-2 Truman State playing at BU on 12/28. If this is correct, this leaves one more non-con game to be revealed.
                My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post
                  D1 Docket's spreadsheet is showing D-2 Truman State playing at BU on 12/28. If this is correct, this leaves one more non-con game to be revealed.
                  As per the post above yours, the Truman State schedule was released showing the Dec. 28 game at Bradley.
                  As I noted, it is an exhibition game for Truman State, but is a regular season game for Bradley.
                  Truman State schedule- https://trumanbulldogs.com/sports/me...tball/schedule

Comment

The Bradley women release their non-conference schedule-

Comment

NEWS: Duquesne and Bradley are finalizing an agreement to play a neutral site game on December 18th in Akron, Ohio. The Dukes are currently 4-0 in games played at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School under Keith Dambrot since 2018. #A10 #MVC
                      https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...81892491178009

I think one more non-con game for the Braves should be announced (SIUE?) to complete the 23-24 non-con schedule. Looks like BU will be visiting Akron twice. Too bad they couldn't schedule both games on the same trip.

Comment

Originally posted by 64NIT View Post
                        https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...81892491178009

I think one more non-con game for the Braves should be announced (SIUE?) to complete the 23-24 non-con schedule. Looks like BU will be visiting Akron twice. Too bad they couldn't schedule both games on the same trip.
                        I remember years ago Duquesne had a player by the name of Willie Somerset..Good Player!!

Comment

Duquesne was 20-13 last season, and 10-8 (tied for 6th) in the Atlantic 10. They finished with an NET of 137 at the end of last season.
                          Their 2023-24 roster includes a former Illinois State player, now a 5th year senior, Dusan Mahorcic-
                          2023-24 roster- https://goduquesne.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

They should be pretty good next season. They return their top 2 scorers, starters- 6'2" senior guard Dae Dae Grant (15.5 ppg, 40% from three), and Jimmy Clark III (12.2 ppg, 34% from three). Their 3rd, 4th, and 5th leading scorers are gone - starters Joe Reece (9.6 ppg) & Tevin Brewer (7.5 ppg), and 6th man Rodney Gunn (8.1). Returning point guard and assists leader is Tevin Brewer, a 5'8", who averaged 3.1 apg, and shot 44% from three. Hopefully, Duke could match up with him.

They beat Indiana State 92-86 in Pittsburgh last December, and they played in the postseason CBI, losing their only game to Rice.

Schedule so far-
                          Sept. 25 (Mon)- First day of full practices

Exhibition game vs. Secret scrimmage?

Nov. 6 (Mon)- at UAB
                          Nov. 11 (Sat)- Home vs. Utah State 7:00pm- (2nd game of a home-and-home agreement )

Nov. TBD- Home vs. Tarleton State (part of SoCal Challenge)
                          Nov. 20 & 22 (Mon & Wed)- 2023 SoCal Challenge in San Juan Capistrano, CA. Teams- Bradley,
                          Cal, Tulane, & UTEP
                          Nov. 25. (Sat)- Home vs. Vermont (buy game)

Probable first 2 MVC games

Dec. 5 (Tues)- at Akron (2nd game of a home-and-home agreement)
                          Dec. 16 (Sat)- Home vs Cleveland State
                          Dec. 18 Mon)- vs. Duquesne at St. Vincent-St. Mary HS in Akron, Ohio
                          Dec. 28 (Thurs)- Truman State
                          And the remainder of the 20-game MVC schedule

Probably one more game to be added-- Possible home game against SIUE as part of the 2 for 1 deal?

Comment

Off topic...
                            Illinois just released their non-conference schedule, and they are hosting Valparaiso on Friday, Nov. 17-

Comment

BU 23-24 schedule and not a bad one, IMO. Several strong opponents should be challenging for the Braves. I'm thinking this is the strongest schedule Coach Wardle has put together.

Comment

The final non-conference game turns out to be as expected, SIUE, on Thursday, Dec. 21. That will complete a 2 for 1 agreement with SIUE. Bradley won easily, 80-55, in 2021 in Peoria. But, last season, it was a close game in Edwardsville. It appeared SIUE tied the game on a full-court pass and miracle buzzer-beater with 0.6 seconds left (initially missed on TV because the camera focused only on the inbounding player at the opposite end of the court). But on review, the shot was waved off and Bradley won, 56-54.
                                Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSB_HvZAGco

Note that there is also a preseason exhibition game against St. Ambrose University on Wednesday, Nov. 1.
                                St. Ambrose is an NAIA school in Davenport, Iowa. They play in the Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAC), where they 5-20 last season, and 4-16 in the conference They finished in 13th place out of 14 teams.
                                BU Schedule page- https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...tball/schedule

And that likely means there will probably also be a closed scrimmage somewhere in the last week of October.
                                The NCAA allows 2 preseason events, either closed scrimmages or exhibitions. So with Bradley electing to play only 1 exhibition, as there has been the last few years, a closed scrimmage is likely.
                                And hopefully, there will be a Red-White Showcase again this year.

Story from BradleyBasketball.com-
                                https://bradleybraves.com/news/2023/...-schedule.aspx

Also- Note that the So Cal Challenge opening round opponent has been confirmed by Bradley. The Braves will play Cal on Monday, Nov. 20, then either UTEP or Tulane on Wednesday, Nov. 22.
                                The SoCal Challenge web page has not been updated to show any of the matchups yet. In fact, it still has not been updated to show the 4 teams in the "Sand" Division, which includes Bradley opponent Tarleton State. That has been known for over a week.

Still to be announced is the 20-game MVC schedule and the format for this season. If it is similar to the format last season, Bradley would probably play two early MVC games in the 10-day gap between the Nov. 25 home game against Vermont and the Dec. 5 game at Akron.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X