2023-24 Bradley schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-24 Bradley schedule

We don't know much about the 2023-24 non-conference schedule yet. I have heard that Bradley is working on finalizing an early season tournament. I hope this news gets released soon, as many of the fans I talk to need enough time to arrange their schedules, and make plans to enable them to travel to distant tournaments.
    I can't say where this is yet, but unlike the last couple seasons (Cancun, St. Thomas), you shouldn't need a passport.

What we think we know about the 2023-24 non-conference schedule-
    Home-
    There will be a home game against SIUE as part of the 2 for 1 deal between the two schools. Bradley played at SIUE in Peoria in Dec., 2021, and played them in Edwardsville last December.
    There will also likely be a home game against Utah State. That was a home-and-home agreement and Bradley in Utah State in Logan, UT, last November.

Road-
    There is a likely road game at Akron as part of the home-and-home deal. Bradley played Akron last December in Peoria.
    It's possible there could be a road game at SEMO. Bradley played SEMO at home last November. But we don't know if that was a home-and-home.

I hear most of the non-con schedule is mostly arranged, but not finalized.

What should have been a great match-up with Utah St. Has diminished as they've been destroyed by the portal. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
      What should have been a great match-up with Utah St. Has diminished as they've been destroyed by the portal. Sad.
      Probably had as much to do with losing their coach. They'll need to replace 9 players.
      The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
        Too bad. All is fair in love and war. Bring them on!

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

Too bad. All is fair in love and war. Bring them on!
          Amen! We owe them.

Comment

The Utah State player who killed Bradley was Steven Ashworth, a 6'1" junior guard, who came off the bench to score 28 points, almost as many points as the entire Utah State starting five combined.
            https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...boxscore/21481

He was in the transfer portal, and just committed to Creighton. Utah State lost a couple other starters, as well. But, not feeling too sorry for them.
            https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/m...roster/2022-23

Comment

I think next year’s Bradley team could be very good and much more athletic than this past season. They should be able to play up tempo against teams when needed and a slower pace when that is to their advantage. They will very likely be six players deep off the bench. I would not be surprised if we see a lot of improvement from seldom talked about Christian Davis.

Comment

Southern Illinois has a game with Oklahoma State in Carbondale-

Could Barry Hinson have had something to do with facilitating this?
                STILLWATER, Okla. – In a continuing effort to be among the country’s leaders in Name, Image and Likeness programming, Oklahoma State Athletic Director Chad W...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                  Southern Illinois has a game with Oklahoma State in Carbondale-

Could Barry Hinson have had something to do with facilitating this?
                  STILLWATER, Okla. – In a continuing effort to be among the country’s leaders in Name, Image and Likeness programming, Oklahoma State Athletic Director Chad W...
                  Second game of a 2-for-1. Last year in Stillwater, SIU won on a last-second shot. I believe it was a 3-pointer by Marcus Domask, but my memory is a bit fuzzy.
                  My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

You're too young for that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                      There will also likely be a home game against Utah State.
                      Bradley hosts Utah State Nov. 11
                      https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/sta...59033446633473

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        2023-24 non-conference schedule-
                        Home-
                        >There will be a home game against SIUE as part of the 2 for 1 deal between the two schools. Bradley played at SIUE in Peoria in Dec., 2021, and played them in Edwardsville last December.

>Saturday, Nov. 11- Home game against Utah State on (2nd game of a home-and-home agreement )

Road-
                        >There is a likely road game at Akron as part of the home-and-home deal. Bradley played Akron last December in Peoria.
                        >Possible road game at SEMO. Bradley played SEMO at home last November (don't know if that was a buy game, a home-and-home, or 2 for 1)

Bradley will play in the 2023 SoCal Challenge, with 2 games Nov. 20 & 22 in San Juan Capistrano, California. There will likely also be one home game included in the tournament.
                        More here-

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                          Mountain West opponent on a Saturday night. I'd like to think this will be a good attendance draw, as it's likely the best non-con home game on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coach View Post

Mountain West opponent on a Saturday night. I'd like to think this will be a good attendance draw, as it's likely the best non-con home game on the schedule.
                            It's hard to say how good Utah State will be next season. They were pretty good in 2022-23- They tied for 2nd in the MWC, and made it to the MWC Championship game, where they lost to San Diego State. They got an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, where they lost in the first round to Missouri. And as we recall, they easily beat Bradley last November 11, 2022-
                            https://bradleybraves.com/sports/men...boxscore/21481
                            But they lost their head coach (Ryan Odom, who took the VCU job), and also lost 9 of their top 10 scorers, returning only one player who scored any points last season- a 4 ppg 6' reserve guard.
                            New head coach Danny Sprinkle, formerly at Montana State, has rebuilt the roster with 8 transfers, a couple high school recruits, and a 5.6 ppg juco recruit.
                            Looking over the players they'll have next season, it does not appear they are nearly as impressive a collection of players compared to what they lost. A couple of the transfers were starters at Montana State where Sprinkle coached last year, but the others appear to be reserves at their former schools, and some played and contributed very little.
                            It will take a great coaching job to work an almost entire new roster of players into shape to compete on the road the first week of next season at Bradley.

Comment

Yes, it would be hugely disappointing if we lost at home to this new USU team.
                              The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X