Trey Pettigrew commits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

I watched the videos of him playing and found the reason why his assists were low. He doesn't pass the ball. Very athletic but if he is going to play for Wardle he will need to learn to play team ball not me ball
    Let me add a comment about Trey. He may have played the way he did because of the coaching style. Wardle uses alot of movement in his offense. Move to get somebody open then when you get open take advantage of it. That may work better for Trey with his athleticism

Comment

I'll be surprised if Pettigrew isn't an immediate starter and contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coach View Post
        I'll be surprised if Pettigrew isn't an immediate starter and contributor.
        What do you know about Pettigrew? Just curious. I jad never heard of him before.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

What do you know about Pettigrew? Just curious. I jad never heard of him before.
          The freshman out of Chicago played limited minutes as a rookie and entered the transfer portal this week in search of more playing time elsewhere.

Pettigrew came to Nevada a much ballyhooed recruit after ranking No. 149 in the nation in the 2022 class. He was rated higher than fellow true freshman Darrion Williams, who had a breakout rookie season en route to Mountain West freshman of the year honors. Pettigrew, however, didn't get nearly as much playing time despite his recruiting accolades as Nevada had one of the best backcourts in the MW with all-league honorees Jarod Lucas and Kenan Blackshear. In his brief flashes of play, Pettigrew showed the speed and quick-twitch athleticism that made him such a highly rated recruit. He was able to get to the basket with a quick first step and made 15-of-29 closes twos (51.7 percent). But he never got a lot of minutes as his defense and ability to run the team as a point guard was forecasted as a multiple-year project.
          The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

I think Pettigrew was a good pickup.

He might have not had a stellar season at Nevada but he was behind two very good guards so his minutes were limited.

I think he has a lot of potential here and will be a major player next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post
              I think Pettigrew was a good pickup.

He might have not had a stellar season at Nevada but he was behind two very good guards so his minutes were limited.

I think he has a lot of potential here and will be a major player next season.
              Ok thanks fellas for the insight!

Comment

Bradley is recruiting Trey Pettigrew's younger brother, Class of 2025

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                Working...
                X