Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing is it is sounding like we are going to need a bunch of players from the portal next season. These firings in our league should be a reference in who might be open to transferring to Bradley. Take your pick now from 3 schools that have some decent players that went against us this year. There also could be coaches moving up and out of the conference. I would think DeVries is in the best position to get a higher level job especially with his son going with him.

Comment

• Ethan Pickett and CJ Jones from UIC entering the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by braves16 View Post
        Ethan Pickett and CJ Jones from UIC entering the portal.
        I’d take either one

Comment

• Originally posted by braves16 View Post
          Ethan Pickett and CJ Jones from UIC entering the portal.
          I suspect these will not be the only transfers from UIC. Christian "CJ" Jones will get a lot of attention in the portal. He is a sophomore from East St. Louis who played more minutes than anyone on the roster, and was one of UIC's best players this season. He averaged 11.4 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 4.8 assists per game. He shot 37.8% from three. He would have 2 more years of eligibility.
          Ethan Pickett is a junior, former juco transfer originally from Georgia, who started most games, averaged 6.0 ppg, 3.1 rpg, and shot 33.3% from three. He was known more for his defense than his offense in his one season with UIC. He has only 1 season of eligibility left.

Isaiah Rivera was UIC's leading scorer. He is a senior from Geneseo and Bradley recruited him out of high school. He has one season of eligibility left for his Covid year. It would not be surprising if he enters the portal, and he will also get a lot of attention. He averaged 15.4 ppg and shot 41.6% from three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Isaiah Rivera was UIC's leading scorer. He is a senior from Geneseo and Bradley recruited him out of high school. He has one season of eligibility left for his Covid year. It would not be surprising if he enters the portal, and he will also get a lot of attention. He averaged 15.4 ppg and shot 41.6% from three.
            Having already been at Colorado State, I wonder if Rivera will base his decision on where he can go and be the man, which may be UIC in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRADLEY FAN 49 View Post

The thing that worries me is who transfers out I heard that is going to be Hannah, Deen, and Hickman.
              I hope those 3 see the results of the last 2 studs that left in Reink and Terry and realize that the grass is not always greener. Terry left for Georgia went undrafted to G-League. Reink left for Nebraska. I don’t see him projected to be drafted. You want to prove yourself and play against better competition? How about not losing to Evansville in late February, win the conference, and earn a NCAA bid?
              Patrick O’Bryant got paid because he dominated 2 games in March of 2006. 2 games is all it took. Honestly it was only the 1 game when he dominated the stud from Pitt. Can’t even remember his name, but that’s when he turned into a lottery pick. NIL money for those 3 should be a priority and will probably be pretty much guaranteed. This “I want to prove myself against better competition” argument is just not getting it anymore. See POB.

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick_o'brian View Post

I hope those 3 see the results of the last 2 studs that left in Reink and Terry and realize that the grass is not always greener. Terry left for Georgia went undrafted to G-League. Reink left for Nebraska. I don’t see him projected to be drafted. You want to prove yourself and play against better competition? How about not losing to Evansville in late February, win the conference, and earn a NCAA bid?
                Patrick O’Bryant got paid because he dominated 2 games in March of 2006. 2 games is all it took. Honestly it was only the 1 game when he dominated the stud from Pitt. Can’t even remember his name, but that’s when he turned into a lottery pick. NIL money for those 3 should be a priority and will probably be pretty much guaranteed. This “I want to prove myself against better competition” argument is just not getting it anymore. See POB.
                I think you are proving the opposite point. In the case of Rienk, he may or may not have made the NCAA tournament with BU this year if he had stayed. Personally I think Drake would have still been better than BU if Rienk was still at BU. So BU would have had to get an at-large with Rienk this year for Rienk to make the tournament. After going to Nebraska, he is almost guaranteed a good seed in the tournament this year. Nebraska is 22-9 and has a great shot at 23-10 before the tournament. The move to Nebraska gave Rienk the opportunity to get into the tournament and play some games he has never played before.

Also I don't think Rienk has even truly thought of himself as being NBA talent. He is not long enough, fast enough, or athletic enough, and while he has an outside shot, it isn't good enough for the NBA. His motivations were to play tougher competition and on a bigger stage in order to prepare for returning to Europe. IMO Rienk has accomplished all the goals he set out to complete.

Using POB as an example for anything in the current college basketball landscape isn't realistic either. His opportunity came down to almost complete luck (not his actions and skill, but the situation the team was placed in that year). BU was the fourth best MVC school that year and somehow managed to get an at-large. It was a lucky break for the team by today's standards. It was the exception, not the expected.

By today's standards, both Terry and Rienk's examples are successes. You could say Terry didn't get the situation he may have thought, but he got a big bag of NIL and got some exposure and then ended up in the G-league, which happens to a lot of talented players. Terry could have chosen to make a lot of money overseas but stayed home for an outside NBA chance. Rienk got a bag, played a season in the BIG10, and is going to get post-season play.

If you want a recent example of the transfer portal not working out or seeming better than it is, look at Zek. He transferred for a bigger NIL bag to a school with a relatively similar profile as BU. He started hot and then fell off hard and really hasn't received what he thought he would down the stretch. He is probably a candidate for another transfer this year. Stories like Zek are the ones that will impact and shape the transfer culture going forward imo.
                Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• I said this before, Hannah,Hickman and Deen are in the right place as far as playing time because if they transfer to a BCS school they will more then likely be coming off the bench.I think if Bradley wants to keep them then the NIL needs to step up and figure out what it will take for them to stay at BU. We were told we have the best NIL in the Valley so time will tell if that is true.

Comment

• A lot of action in the transfer portal over the last few days as the season ends for some schools.
                    Verbalcommits.com this morning shows 76 players in the 2024 transfer portal, including about 20 who entered in the last 3 days - https://verbalcommits.com/transfers

This is not the official NCAA transfer portal list, though it is as comprehensive as I've found online. The official portal can only be accessed by college coaches and athletic departments, and contains a lot more information about each player and how to contact them. The last two years, the list had around 1700 names, and it will likely reach that magnitude again this year.

Comment

• Has anyone heard the rumor about Duke and Connor entering the portal and possibly others.I heard this while in St Louis but it was from casual fans who have connections in Peoria but live elsewhere now.I hope it is not true!!

Comment

• Originally posted by carter View Post
                        Has anyone heard the rumor about Duke and Connor entering the portal and possibly others.I heard this while in St Louis but it was from casual fans who have connections in Peoria but live elsewhere now.I hope it is not true!!
                        I've not heard anything reputable, this is going to be the norm every year going forward, there will always be rumors of every mid-major's best players transferring. Just have to wait and find out.

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                        A lot of action in the transfer portal over the last few days as the season ends for some schools.
                        Verbalcommits.com this morning shows 76 players in the 2024 transfer portal, including about 20 who entered in the last 3 days - https://verbalcommits.com/transfers

This is not the official NCAA transfer portal list, though it is as comprehensive as I've found online. The official portal can only be accessed by college coaches and athletic departments, and contains a lot more information about each player and how to contact them. The last two years, the list had around 1700 names, and it will likely reach that magnitude again this year.
                        What about starting a new transfer portal thread for 2024? Would be nice to have a clean break from last year's thread, imo.​
                        Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Thanks Stryker,I think that is a good idea!You are probably correct,get use to hearing all the talk and rumors.

Comment

• I think we will not be sure about anything until Bradleys season ends. Coach usually holds ind. players meetings days after we are no longer playing games. There obviously are all kinds of rumors out there but I would not pay much attention to them at this point in time.

Comment

• NCAA has set in action some new rules for the Transfer Portal this spring:

- the official NCAA Transfer Portal for basketball does not open until the Monday morning after Selection Sunday, so that would be
                              one week from today, March 18. Some of the names we are hearing now are NOT YET in the official Transfer Portal, but are
                              names of players publicly revealing that they plan to enter the Portal.

- the Portal is open for 45 days, a change from the 60 days last year. It will remain open continuously from March 18 thru May 1.

- HOWEVER- If a coach gets fired, players on that team are given a 30 day window to enter the portal. As a result, we already see players from schools looking for new coaches in the portal. Also, grad transfers are permitted to enter at any time.

- also in the new rules is that if a player quits the team, his scholarship will no longer continue to count against the scholarship limit, even if he stays enrolled at that school. The fact, for example, that we are already hearing that Emarion Ellis is committed to Nicholls State is because he has already quit the team, left school and been released from his scholarship.

- "Student-athletes (wishing to transfer) must complete the Division I Transfer Module and notify their current school (Athletic Dept. or compliance officer)
                              in writing of their desire to be entered into the NCAA Transfer Portal. Student-athletes may not speak to other schools about transferring directly or indirectly through others (e.g., family member, scholastic or non-scholastic coach, advisor, former teammates) until they receive notice that they have been input into the Transfer Portal."

The Division I Council on Wednesday approved changes to notification-of-transfer windows across all sports, including a reduction from 60 to 45 total days in both FCS and FBS football, and 45 consecutive days for men's and women's basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                                SIU's Troy D'Amico plans to enter the transfer portal. I expect he will not be the last SIU player to leave - https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/...86141757243444
                                Troy D'Amico commits to DePaul and new head coach Chris Holtmann - https://twitter.com/troydamico24/sta...01551003779351

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X