- transferred to Tennessee State
    Evan Brauns- Belmont- Transferred to Iowa
    E.J. Bellinger- Belmont - transferred to Tennessee State

Rienk Mast- Bradley- transferred to Nebraska
    Zek Montgomery- Bradley- transferred to Rhode Island
    James "Pop" Weathers- Bradley- transferred to Texas A&M-Commerce

Okay Djamgouz- Drake- transferred to Maine
    Bryceson Burns- Drake
    Issa Samake- Drake- transferred to Central Missouri (D2)

Blaise Beauchamp- Evansville
    Antoine Smith- Evansville- transferred to George Washington
    Trey Hall- Evansville- transferred to Utah Tech
    Chris Moncrief- Evansville- transferred to St. Francis (PA)
    Preston Phillips- Evansville- transferred to Robert Morris
    Zaveion Chism-Okoh - Evansville-
    Gabe Spinelli- Evansville- transferred to Monmouth
    Matúš Malovec- Evansville- transferred to Eastern Florida State College (juco)
    Logan McIntire- Evansville- transferred to Kentucky Wesleyan

Liam McChesney- Illinois State- transferred to High Point
    Joe Petrakis- Illinois State- transferred to Western Illinois
    Alston Andrews- Illinois State- transferred to Delaware State
    Alex Kotov- Illinois State- transferred to Campbell
    Jayden Johnson- Illinois State- transferred to UI-Springfield

Cameron Crawford- Indiana State- transferred to Marshall
    Zach Hobbs- Indiana State- transferred to Gannon University
    Rob Martin- Indiana State- transferred to SEMO
    Isaac Holmes- Indiana State

Jonathan Dunn- Missouri State- transferred to Austin Peay
    Jonathan Mogbo- Missouri State- transferred to San Francisco
    Dawson Carper- Missouri State- returned to Missouri State
    James Graham- Missouri State- transferred to Buffalo
    David Hill- Missouri State
    Dalen Ridgnal- Missouri State- transferred to Wichita State

Kenny White, Jr.- Murray State- transferred to UT-Martin
    D.J. Burns- Murray State- transferred to Youngstown State
    Jaxson Edwards- Murray State- transferred to Valparaiso
    Marlon Lestin- Murray State
    Braxton Stacker- Murray State- transferred to SEMO

Dalton Banks- SIU- transferred to Illinois State
    Marcus Domask- SIU - transferred to Illinois
    Lance Jones- SIU- transferred to Purdue
    Foster Wonders- SIU- transferred to Green Bay

Jace Carter- UIC- transferred to Texas A&M
    Jalen Jackson- UIC- transferred to IPFW
    Bessanty-Aime Saragba- UIC- transferred to Eastern Illinois
    Shaun Williams- UIC

Cam Palesse - Valparaiso- transferred to Canisius
    Maximus Nelson- Valparaiso- transferred to IPFW
    Ben Krikke- Valparaiso- transferred to Iowa
    Preston Ruedinger- Valparaiso- transferred to Green Bay
    Ibra Bayu- Valparaiso- transferred to Trinity Valley Community College (Athens, Texas)

Comment

• In todays world the truly amazing one is Northern Iowa with zero in the transfer portal.
      houstonbrave

Comment

• Missouri State's Dalen Ridgnal entering the transfer portal today brings the number of uncommitted MVC transferring players back to 9, out of 52 as I count them. Ridgnal is should get some D1 interest.
        But only 9 of the 52 MVC transfers still be looking for somewhere to land, two of which were walkons, is not too bad.

I'm am a bit surprised by a couple of them-
        Blaise Beauchamp, a 6'3" guard, averaged a decent 8.2 ppg and 35.2% from three in his 2 seasons at Evansville. I thought he'd be able to get interest from mid to lower D1 programs.
        And Belmont's Frank Jakubicek is a 6'8", 245 pound kid with decent post skills, who shot 54% in limited playing time. I expected him to get interest from mid to lower level D1 programs. Maybe he has, but he is still uncommitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
          Missouri State's Dalen Ridgnal entering the transfer portal today brings the number of uncommitted MVC transferring players back to 9, out of 52 as I count them. Ridgnal is should get some D1 interest.
          But only 9 of the 52 MVC transfers still be looking for somewhere to land, two of which were walkons, is not too bad.

I'm am a bit surprised by a couple of them-
          Blaise Beauchamp, a 6'3" guard, averaged a decent 8.2 ppg and 35.2% from three in his 2 seasons at Evansville. I thought he'd be able to get interest from mid to lower D1 programs.
          And Belmont's Frank Jakubicek is a 6'8", 245 pound kid with decent post skills, who shot 54% in limited playing time. I expected him to get interest from mid to lower level D1 programs. Maybe he has, but he is still uncommitted.
          Dalen Ridgnal, who just left Missouri State 4 days ago has committed to Wichita State. He will accompany Wichita State on their trip to Greece, which the team leaves for today.

Comment

• speaking of Wichita State....

A small NAIA school, Friends University in Wichita just announced they will play at WICHITA STATE on Nov. 12.
            While we know they will get shellacked as they were 5-23 last season, it will be an exhibition game for Friends,
            BUT Wichita is counting the game as a regular season game.
            What a way to accumulate W's!
            https://friendsathletics.com/news/20...ita-state.aspx

Comment

• This might be a new record for most seasons of eligibility for a D1 college student-
              Dejuan Clayton has just been granted an 8th year of eligibility, and is enrolled at Manhattan.
              He spent 5 seasons at Coppin State (2016-2021). One was a medical redshirt season because of an injury.
              Then he played a Covid season at Hartford in 2021-22, for a 6th year of eligibility, but that season was also cut short by injury. So the NCAA granted him an additional season, his 7th, and he transferred to Cal for 2022-23, where he played in 9 games due to multiple injuries.
              Then he entered the transfer portal for the 3rd straight year, has been granted an 8th season, and has now landed at Manhattan.

Comment

This might be a new record for most seasons of eligibility for a D1 college student-
                Dejuan Clayton has just been granted an 8th year of eligibility, and is enrolled at Manhattan.
                He spent 5 seasons at Coppin State (2016-2021). One was a medical redshirt season because of an injury.
                Then he played a Covid season at Hartford in 2021-22, for a 6th year of eligibility, but that season was also cut short by injury. So the NCAA granted him an additional season, his 7th, and he transferred to Cal for 2022-23, where he played in 9 games due to multiple injuries.
                Then he entered the transfer portal for the 3rd straight year, has been granted an 8th season, and has now landed at Manhattan.

https://twitter.com/TP4PT/status/1705291820727664644
                Professional student

Comment

• Bradley recruit Daniel West ('08 ) played 6-7 years in college, and in 2014 was still described as a "Junior" with a year left to play.
                  I think he flunked out, tho, and didn't get to play his 8th year and that was without the benefit of a "Covid year"
                  Daniel West (32) Guard - 2013-14 (Junior): – Played in three games on the season after transferring from Rhode Island … scored two points and had five assists

Comment

Noah Reynolds commits again, this time to Green Bay and new head coach Sundance Wicks. Wicks was an assistant coach at Wyoming for the past 3 seasons, so he coached Noah Reynolds there the last 2 seasons.
                    Sundance Wicks- https://greenbayphoenix.com/sports/m...ance-wicks/524

And, Noah Reynolds' older brother Nic Reynolds, is an assistant coach there under Wicks.
                    Nic Reynolds- https://greenbayphoenix.com/sports/m...c-reynolds/527
                    A kid I was hoping BU would get to come home last off-season, it sounds like Noah Reynolds is having a great season before getting injured.- https://twitter.com/mid_madness/stat...VVzUrnoig&s=19

Comment

• Just heard Lathan Sommerville really doing great in the high school tournaments! Being from peoria, he committed to Rutgers. I hope BU keeps in contact with this kid! His father I believe committed to Iowa before coming home to Bradley! With the portal today, you just never know! Maybe we get him to come home in the coming years!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevezall View Post
                        Just heard Lathan Sommerville really doing great in the high school tournaments! Being from peoria, he committed to Rutgers. I hope BU keeps in contact with this kid! His father I believe committed to Iowa before coming home to Bradley! With the portal today, you just never know! Maybe we get him to come home in the coming years!!!
                        Yes, Marcellus went to Iowa. But the coach then was Stave Alford and he insisted that Cellus redshirt his only year at Iowa, which he didn't want to do. So he left and transferred to a junior college (Southwestern Illinois CC), since under the rules at that time, he would have had to sit out another entire year if he transferred to another D1. He was a 1st team junior college All-American in his only season at SWCC where he averaged 25.3 ppg and 9.5 rpg. Jim Les and Chuck Buescher (his high school coach) convinced him to transfer to Bradley, and he had a terrific career with the Braves.

Comment

Yes, Marcellus went to Iowa. But the coach then was Stave Alford and he insisted that Cellus redshirt his only year at Iowa, which he didn't want to do. So he left and transferred to a junior college (Southwestern Illinois CC), since under the rules at that time, he would have had to sit out another entire year if he transferred to another D1. He was a 1st team junior college All-American in his only season at SWCC where he averaged 25.3 ppg and 9.5 rpg. Jim Les and Chuck Buescher (his high school coach) convinced him to transfer to Bradley, and he had a terrific career with the Braves.
                          Rutgers has one of the best recruiting classes in the nation coming in next year. Unfortunately Lathan doesn't get a lot of mentions with the players they've managed to land. I hope he does great no no matter where he goes. But if he were to somehow end up back home....well that would be something cool.

Comment

One of the most memorable things about the Les years (I graduated in 08') was the great local players on his teams. Sommerville, Ruffin, Crouch, Jones, & Adams were all local players (I know Jones and Adams weren't scholarship players but still...). It was great as someone being from the area getting to see so many local guys, and three of them were fantastic players for several years at BU.

I would love to see some more great local players come to BU in the future. Wardle had Kennel, which was a great player at BU.
                            Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Danny Adams was actually a Molinari recruit. He came to Bradley in 2001 as a walk-on, Mo's last season, and redshirted that year.
                              He then stayed and played 4 years for Jim Les. He did earn a scholarship for his final one or two years.

And here are a couple more local players recruited under Coach Les- Jordan Prosser, Dyricus Simms-Edwards, and Dodie Dunson (if you can call Bloomington "local). And there were a
                              few more walkons- Brian Lavin, Ryan Phillips, Ryan Thornton, and James Robertson,
                              >> https://www.pjstar.com/story/sports/...r/41974417007/

Comment

• Getting good local players is great yet not that easy because local kids for the most part like to get away from home.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X