Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Hawkeyes....your new Missouri Valley West member. Maybe they'll start some home and home series with MVC schools?

Comment

• One time Bradley recruit James Graham from Milwaukee Nicolet HS is leaving Missouri State and entering the portal. He played his two seasons at Maryland, but only appeared in 8 games his freshman year, and one game his sophomore year. The this past season at Missouri State he played in 18 games, started 5, and he averaged 4.2 ppg and 1.9 rpg in 19 minutes per game.

Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...1/james-graham

Comment

• How are all these players going in the portal more then once because it is only allowed if you are a grad transfer or because of unusual circumstances. They would have to sit out a season after the first transfer which might be the reason some are not being chosen.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
          How are all these players going in the portal more then once because it is only allowed if you are a grad transfer or because of unusual circumstances. They would have to sit out a season after the first transfer which might be the reason some are not being chosen.
          They will most likely appeal that their transfer deserves a waiver, but we'll have to wait and see how generous the NCAA will be with waivers.

Comment

How are all these players going in the portal more then once because it is only allowed if you are a grad transfer or because of unusual circumstances. They would have to sit out a season after the first transfer which might be the reason some are not being chosen.
            Allegedly some are planning legal action as well

Comment

• Originally posted by egib52 View Post

Allegedly some are planning legal action as well
              If I was the NCAA I would fight this all the way thru the court system. There has to be rules and they need to enforce them otherwise this chaos will continue until everything falls apart which could happen in sooner then later.

Comment

If I was the NCAA I would fight this all the way thru the court system. There has to be rules and they need to enforce them otherwise this chaos will continue until everything falls apart which could happen in sooner then later.
                I believe that ship has sailed away a long time ago. The NCAA neglected to monitor violations of the power conference’s programs, coaches and athletes for many years. It is really all about the money, especially with television contracts. I do not see how the toothpaste can be put back into the tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by molar50 View Post

I believe that ship has sailed away a long time ago. The NCAA neglected to monitor violations of the power conference’s programs, coaches and athletes for many years. It is really all about the money, especially with television contracts. I do not see how the toothpaste can be put back into the tube.
                  A toothpaste analogy from Molar. I like it.

Larry Bird
                  I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

SIU also reportedly has Josiah Allick, a 6'8" forward visiting this weekend. He spent 3 seasons at UMKC, and this past season he was at New Mexico, where he averaged 8.4 ppg and 7.3 rpg.
                    Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../josiah-allick

SIU fans are discouraged by SIU head coach Bryan Mullins' inaction this spring with recruiting, especially considering all their player losses. SIU has not signed anyone from the transfer portal, and has not signed any new recruits this spring at all.
                    There was one commit in the early signing period last November (high schooler Kennard Davis).
                    They lost about 70% of their scoring from the 2022-23 team, and about 2/3 of their rebounding...
                    SIU coach Bryan Mullins whiffs again. Josiah Allick, who just visited SIU this past weekend, is off the board. He committed to Nebraska tonight.

Comment

• Impact of the portal:
                      Is transfer recruiting now more important than high school? For the first time ever in 2023-24, more points are predicted to be scored by transfers than by HS recruits. Here's a graph showing the year-by-year increase in production from players recruited through the portal

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        A toothpaste analogy from Molar. I like it.
                        Yeeeeeeessss!
                        Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

Marcus Domask statement- he is also entering the NBA Draft while maintaining his college eligibility.
                          https://twitter.com/marcusdomask1/st...79497419489281

Marcus Domask transferred to Illinois, but he remained in the NBA Draft. But today, he told CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein that he has withdrawn his name from the 2023 draft, and will enroll at Illinois and play his final season.

Comment

Marcus Domask transferred to Illinois, but he remained in the NBA Draft. But today, he told CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein that he has withdrawn his name from the 2023 draft, and will enroll at Illinois and play his final season.
                            https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...23921405575170
                            Boy these players sure think they are better then what they are to be thinking they can play in the NBA.

Comment

Boy these players sure think they are better then what they are to be thinking they can play in the NBA.
                              Ridiculous.
                              Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach on 4/17/23 View Post

Valparaiso loses 2 more players from their depleted roster-- Little-used players Joe Hedstrom and Emil Freese-Vilien have decided to retire from basketball for medical reasons.

That now leaves Valpo with just 4 returning players for 2023-24, none of whom were starters. and who cumulatively averaged only about 10 points last season (Darius DeAveiro, Connor Barrett, Ibra Bayu, and Jerome Palm)....
                                Valparaiso loses another potential returning player for new head coach Roger Powell.
                                6'8" freshman forward Ibra Bayu from the Netherlands is now in the transfer portal. He played in 27 games this past season as a reserve, and averaged 2.4 ppg and 2.7 rpg. With the large numbers of losses Valpo has had, he would have been the 2nd highest returning scorer.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...7869/ibra-bayu

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X