Collapse

Transfer portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These valley players need to realize that they more then likely will be reserves on these teams. No way Jones plays much at Purdue and the same goes for Domask at Illinois. Krikke probably has the best chance at Iowa and now that he has gone there Mast is more then likely out as far as that place. I just see players now making bad decisions and over rating themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
      These valley players need to realize that they more then likely will be reserves on these teams. No way Jones plays much at Purdue and the same goes for Domask at Illinois. Krikke probably has the best chance at Iowa and now that he has gone there Mast is more then likely out as far as that place. I just see players now making bad decisions and over rating themselves.
      I would respectfully disagree with your statement. There have been several Valley players over the past two years that "moved up" and made a significant impact for their new team.
      The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
        These valley players need to realize that they more then likely will be reserves on these teams. No way Jones plays much at Purdue and the same goes for Domask at Illinois. Krikke probably has the best chance at Iowa and now that he has gone there Mast is more then likely out as far as that place. I just see players now making bad decisions and over rating themselves.
        I think any of these guys could be starters, but will probably end up as solid rotation players.

Personally I have no problem with these players leaving and moving to a power 5 school. They all are all grand transfers (Mast only played 3 years but he is graduating this year due to redshirting). They were loyal to their schools and put in the effort to those programs.

I can't blame them for wanting to make a little more money and a solid chance at the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan17 View Post

I think any of these guys could be starters, but will probably end up as solid rotation players.

Personally I have no problem with these players leaving and moving to a power 5 school. They all are all grand transfers (Mast only played 3 years but he is graduating this year due to redshirting). They were loyal to their schools and put in the effort to those programs.

I can't blame them for wanting to make a little more money and a solid chance at the NCAA tournament.
          I agree with both of you. Chances are they will not be stars. Most likely solid rotational players, 6th men, etc. I also hold nothing against the guys that graduated.

I greatly hope that younger players are watching all of this transfer stuff play out. They are not dumb. Greed is going to bite some of these guys in the rear without question. But there will be plenty of success stories as well.

Antonio Reeves is a great example of an MVC player that transferred to a top power school and has success (Although one could def argue about the success given the season Kentucky had this year).

But for every Reeves, how many Yesuf's are there? How many never come close to being solid contributors on a power team after they transfer? Time will tell from here.
          Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Another Murray State plyer enters the portal-
            Marlon Lestin, a 6'9" sophomore who is originally from Montreal, and spent his freshman year at East Carolina Univ. This past season at Murray State, he only appeared in 7 games for a total of 10 minutes of playing time, and he was scoreless. He did not play in either game against Bradley
            Bio- https://goracers.com/sports/mens-bas...on-lestin/9362
            Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marlon-lestin

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
              Another Murray State plyer enters the portal-
              Marlon Lestin, a 6'9" sophomore who is originally from Montreal, and spent his freshman year at East Carolina Univ. This past season at Murray State, he only appeared in 7 games for a total of 10 minutes of playing time, and he was scoreless. He did not play in either game against Bradley
              Bio- https://goracers.com/sports/mens-bas...on-lestin/9362
              Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../marlon-lestin
              Didn't they just get another post? Probably why he is leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by egib52 View Post

Didn't they just get another post? Probably why he is leaving.
                The only other new transfer portal kid Murray State got that I saw was this kid- a 6'6" shooting guard from Mercer University, Shawn Walker--
                https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...165#post510165

But they did pick up this juco transfer- 6'10" Malek Abdelgowad -

This latest kid to leave Murray State, Marion Lestin (see above), is probably leaving because the coach doesn't ever play him.

Comment

• An interesting tidbit I ran across this afternoon from SLU coach Travis Ford:
                  Ford said he's encountered some players with NIL agents, who are inserting themselves into the process and throwing out six-figure dollar amounts. “We quickly say, ‘we’re out of this game.’ We tell them if they can get it, go get it. I want a kid who wants to be here.”

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerB View Post
                    An interesting tidbit I ran across this afternoon from SLU coach Travis Ford:
                    Ford said he's encountered some players with NIL agents, who are inserting themselves into the process and throwing out six-figure dollar amounts. “We quickly say, ‘we’re out of this game.’ We tell them if they can get it, go get it. I want a kid who wants to be here.”
                    Hopefully that approach is pervasive. Good for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

Hopefully that approach is pervasive. Good for him.
                      Agree, it should be about the players that want to stay and play for the school and the coach that brought them there and took a chance on them.

Comment

• Another Tweet I ran across today talking about the money being thrown around by big time programs:
                        Andy Wittry
                        @AndyWittry
                        Here’s how collectives approach men’s basketball’s first transfer portal window. - Players might meet with a collective while on a visit - High end of offers is reportedly ~$800,000 - Collectives not involved in recruiting still face fundraising pressure on3.com/nil/news/colle…

Comment

• Those $3-$4M pots are probably Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Not anything too unexpected imo. What's more interesting to me was the estimated A10 numbers, and if we can get any other mid-major numbers at some point, that would be very interesting to see.
                          Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Wonder where HOTB lands in the budget range. I'd heard (not sure on the accuracy) what the players got last year. I wonder if that pot has grown or stayed the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManMythLegend View Post
                              Wonder where HOTB lands in the budget range. I'd heard (not sure on the accuracy) what the players got last year. I wonder if that pot has grown or stayed the same.
                              One of their founding members told me some figures.... they are small by comparison to anything you hear from Power Conf schools. Obviously the players aren't gonna say no and given the alternative, all the BU players are going to partake. But even our top players aren't getting a fraction of what they'd get if they headed to a Big Ten bottom dweller (Nebraska) or an A-10 bottom dweller from the east coast (URI).
                              Hard as it is to believe, Rhode Island's Athletic Department's budget is twice what Bradley's is and they seem to come up with a lot of $$ when needed -- they are paying their new head coach in the range of $2 mil per year- https://turnto10.com/i-team/universi...-championships

obviously the figures are just estimates, but there is a website dedicated to tracking NIL money and you can compare the players from Bradley to the ones from Rhode Island or Nebraska.

Bradley- https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/pla...team-key=20387
                              Rhode Island- https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/pla...?team-key=8917
                              Nebraska- https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/pla...team-key=16674
                              (they got track & VB players making 5 times what Bradley players make (*estimates- and most that you will see are on the low side))

Comment

• yoda, if I'm reading this right those numbers for Leons seem awfully low. Is this saying he's only earning around $9,000 from NIL? I would expect him to be getting significantly more than that.
                                The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X