X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
    Recruiting question for Bradley fans...
    Bradley has one commitment for 2025 (Matthew Zobrist), and there will be at least 5 more scholarships opening, possibly more.
    What kind of recruits should Bradley pursue for the remaining roster sports for 2025-26? It seems unlikely that the coaches will recruit all high schoolers. So maybe a couple juco players? Junior college players are underrecruited these days because of the proliferation of transfers.
    And though Bradley has had very few junior college recruits under Coach Wardle, a couple of the most significant players recently were from juco (Malevy Leons & Luqman Lundy). Let's hope Corey Thomas can continue that trend. But to I'd like to see a couple jucos in the 2025 recruiting class to add experience and maturity next season. Any thoughts?
    I would hope we would bring in 2 freshman and the rest JUCOS or transfers with experience.I would take even 3 good freshman.

Comment

• I hope for talented recruits from wherever. Maturity in some would be nice. However, as noted above, some freshmen to develop and watch grow is nice and beneficial. Hannah is an example of development.

I would like for a couple of tall athletic frontline recruits. In Wardle's best years we have had tall players with long wingspan. I don't know anything about Thomas but I am having trouble visualizing any other current player having the same rim protection and rebounding as players such as Hannah and Leons.

Yes we do need guards also. We have had prominent guards during those years.

Has anyone heard if Davis would use his covid year?

Comment

Bradley recruit Tristian Ford has cut his list to a final 5- Bradley, Toledo, Milwaukee, UIC, & Murray State
        >> https://x.com/DELLISONSCOUT/status/1828250036729168097
        >> https://x.com/BasketHoopz/status/1828247324948046266
        Bradley point guard recruit, Tristian Ford, to make his college decision on Friday at 10 am - https://x.com/Sports4Illinois/status...21098857398435

Comment

• Unless I am missing something Christian does not have eligibility after this year. He played 2021-2 at Lemoyne, 2022-23, 2023-24, 2024-25 at Bradley so that runs out his eligibility.
          houstonbrave

Comment

• I do think the staff needs to find a way to successfully hit the portal this year. We lose just too much firepower after this year that I don’t see how we can focus too heavily on freshman- we need some but we can’t afford to strike out in the portal like we did last year. Losing Duke, Darius, Christian, Zek, Conner Dillon, Connor Linke, Gonnar Billew, Cade Hardtke after this year if everyone else stays leaves an enormous hole.
            houstonbrave

Comment

• Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
              Unless I am missing something Christian does not have eligibility after this year. He played 2021-2 at Lemoyne, 2022-23, 2023-24, 2024-25 at Bradley so that runs out his eligibility.
              Christian redshirted at Lemoyne in 2020-21 and did not play at all. Then he played at Lemoyne as a redshirt-freshman in 2021-22. He transferred and played 2022-23, 2023-24, and will play 2024-25 at Bradley. But his redshirt season of 2020-21 was the Covid year, and Lemoyne cancelled that entire season. Davis took a redshirt year in 2020-21, his first year at Lemoyne. Originally, the NCAA announced they would grant an extra season of eligibility for any student-athlete who played that 2020-21 season. But there have been a lot of instances where the NCAA gave an extra year to players who redshirted in 2020-21, and didn't play. So it might take some clearance from the NCAA, but there appears to be a chance CD might have an additional year after 2024-25. That would be great, since CD has gotten better each year, and having him back for 2025-26 would be huge.

Comment

• yes, NCAA did not count any play in 2020-21 against eligibility, but I did not see anywhere that NCAA granted a full extra year of eligibility for someone who didn't even play that season. This is the Marcus Domask situation - he also redshirted 2020-21 and when he finished his grad season at Illinois last spring, he tried vigorously and exhausted every appeal, but NCAA would not grant him an extra year.

UConn's Cam Spencer also redshirted 2020-21 and filed for an extra year and he was also denied.
                Everyone who was on an IVY LEAGUE roster in 2020-21 also missed their entire season, as the entire conference cancelled play,
                Obviously that year didn't count against their eligibility, but none of them got that extra year back as a 6th year.

Comment

• As DC said at least 5 and with Davis not back that would make 6 more available scholarships. We have seen a lot of names mentioned so far and undoubtably will see a lot more.

Comment

Bradley point guard recruit, Tristian Ford, to make his college decision on Friday at 10 am - https://x.com/Sports4Illinois/status...21098857398435
                    Did he have his news conference at 10am?

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
                      Did he have his news conference at 10am?
                      Yes, he did, at 10 am sharp...​

Tristian Ford commited to Murray State. - https://x.com/Sports4Illinois/status...70444925730918

Comment

Tristian Ford commited to Murray State. - https://x.com/Sports4Illinois/status...70444925730918
                        Kinda figured that's where he would end up.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Leshawn Stowers. I really hope we get him, I think it would be great for both BU and Leshawn.
                        DUBL R 1

Comment

Tristian Ford committed to Murray State. - https://x.com/Sports4Illinois/status...70444925730918

Comment: I haven't seen Tristian Ford play personally, but I have watched a lot of video and read evaluations by a number of recruiting bloggers.
                          He is a 6'4", thin, shoot-first point guard that has been very impressive in high school and in summer events. He played for Rockford Boylan his first couple years in high school, then moved to Chicago Prep. He seems smart, and makes pretty good passes, but is not yet a deadeye shooter. I would guess that our coaches liked him, but he is not the prototypical type of player that Coach Wardle likes at point guard. He would probably be more of an off-guard in Wardle's system, and that might be why he preferred Murray State. Bradley already has a commitment from Matt Zobrist, who recruiting sites rate as one of the top 2-guards and best shooters in the state in the class of 2025.​

Comment

• As always, recruiting is a bit of a crap shoot and especially at the mid-major level there are hits and misses.
                            Missouri State landed a similar kid a couple years back who was rated 4-STAR and Top 100 nationally, academically strong.
                            who turned down P-5 offers to play for Dana Ford. He even started early on as a freshman and was widely hyped, but didn't pan out.
                            In the end, he played five seasons with the benefit of his Covid year and scored a total of 144 pts for 3 different teams, and
                            because of a redshirt, he is currently in the portal with one more year left to play.

Comment

• I know we can't get all of them but we seem to be having problems recruiting against valley teams. As mentioned above Stowers would be an excellent addition to Bradley.

Unfortunately we will find out how good of a player he will become and the same with Nick Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                                I know we can't get all of them but we seem to be having problems recruiting against valley teams. As mentioned above Stowers would be an excellent addition to Bradley.

Unfortunately we will find out how good of a player he will become and the same with Nick Allen.
                                Have there been many recruits that Bradley has "lost out" to other MVC teams that have turned into stars, or All-MVC talents, or that has set Bradley back?

The one I can think of is maybe Robbie Avila, and we don't know the full circumstances there or how hard Bradley really pursued him. Recall that in the fall of 2021, when Avila committed to Indiana State, Bradley had Rienk Mast coming off an All-Freshman Team season and runner-up to the Freshman of the Year award (2020-21). Rienk would go on to become a 1st team All-MVC player and lead BU in scoring and rebounding over the next 2 seasons before transferring. And at the point Avila committed, Rienk actually had 4 more seasons of eligibility ahead of him because of Covid. So, since they were similar players who played the same position, it's understandable that Avila wouldn't want to be Rienk's backup, and he decided to go elsewhere.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X