• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• were we recruiting Tyler Mason?

Comment

• Not that I ever heard.

Comment

• Big mistake that we didn't recruit mason. He is very talented and a winner. very good athlete. We missed out on a good one

Comment

• Originally posted by Bballjunkie View Post
          Big mistake that we didn't recruit mason. He is very talented and a winner. very good athlete. We missed out on a good one
          I cannot find that any D1 school offered him. Does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

I cannot find that any D1 school offered him. Does anyone know?
            Verbal commits doesn't show any.

Comment

• PJStar article says that he has committed to Division II Winona State.

Comment

• Anyone been watching the Metamora games on TV?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bballjunkie View Post
                  Big mistake that we didn't recruit mason. He is very talented and a winner. very good athlete. We missed out on a good one
                  Maybe he chose Winona St. because he would get to play more minutes. Proving himself there could get him a D-1 scholarship down the road.He might even just like the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post
                    Maybe he chose Winona St. because he would get to play more minutes. Proving himself there could get him a D-1 scholarship down the road.He might even just like the school.
                    Or maybe he just likes Winona State

Comment

• PJStar article says that Tyler Mason chose Winona State because Connor and Decan Dillon from Notre Dame will be seniors on the team when he is a freshman and that Washington and WSU alum Devin Whitelow is an assistant on the coaching staff.

Comment

• What would be the rule on offering him now? No idea if he would even want to come here or not, but IDK what the rules are with the portal, is there a D2 letter of intent, has he signed one? Seems like he could be a good player at this level...maybe not a primary point but the kind of player that could have an impact at several positions in the back court.
                        DUBL R 1

Comment

• I have watched him for 3 years and the more I watch him the more I appreciate his skill set. He would be a very productive player for BU. Too bad he has committed to Winona st. He is definitely a D1 player. His athleticism is underrated and he has played against top rated talent. He has championship dna.

Comment

• Please don't take this as a criticism, but it appears that D1 coaches were not convinced he was a Division I player, or he would have had D1 scholarship offers.

And yes, D2 players can sign a National Letter of Intent if they are committing to an NCAA D2 school, though no athlete is required to sign an NLI.
                            Tyler Mason verbally committed to Wenona State on August 6, 2023- https://twitter.com/Tylermace25/stat...74179718557697
                            ... and he signed a National Letter of Intent in the early signing period, on November 8, 2023- https://winonastatewarriors.com/news...ler-mason.aspx

Once an athlete signs a NLI, it would be improper for another school to continue to recruit the athlete, and the athlete is barred from accepting an athletic scholarship to another school unless he is granted a release. It does occasionally happen that an athlete becomes aware that other schools are interested in him, and in that case, he can ask the first school and the NLI to issue an official release. Then he can accept another offer.

Comment

• Appreciate the info. Totally understand what you are saying but kids are undervalued every year. Christian Davis is a perfect example. He has become a good D1 player. Mason may sit most of freshman year but after that I think he would be productive. Metamora has played such a tough schedule against several times top rated players and he hangs with them and is not overmatched. Take a look at his baseline dunk on manual last Saturday. It's on clutch sports.

Comment

• No question about that. I agree. I've never seen Mason play, but from people who have, they believe he is the best player on a team loaded with kids who have or will have D1 scholarships. But recruiting also takes future potential and other things into account. Maybe if he hadn't committed early, he might be getting D1 interest now. That's a choice each high school kid makes.
                                On the other hand, some great high school players' games don't quite translate into becoming a good D1 player. One of the stars of last year's state championship team, Ethan Kizer is struggling at South Alabama. He didn't play at all in their last game and hasn't contributed much as a freshman- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...83/ethan-kizer

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X