This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by egib52 View Post

I think Thomas could really improve over the summer and start. Hannah may take the 4, with Malevy at the 3 (he guards everyone and can score at all levels). I would like to bring in a TR style proven scorer.
    I feel the same way about Malevy at the 3 as I did Henry. Fine for a few minutes if needed, but not ideal. Defensively not so bad, but offensively Malevy was not driving around people or handling the ball at guard level in my opinion. I think stretch four is the ideal for him. Also if Thomas/Hannah are starting then we better have three high level shooters to pair with them in the lineup and that doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Malevy, Hick, Deen are all decent shooters, non of them consistent or knock down yet, and I don’t know if any of them can create their own three shot consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach on 3/21/23 View Post
      2023 transfer- Braeden Moore- 6'9" forward who is currently a freshman at BYU (2022 commit). He entered the transfer portal March 18-
      BYU’s first scholarship player hit the transfer portal as forward Braeden Moore entered his name Saturday afternoon. Walk-on Hao Dong went in the portal earlier in the week. Brigham Young F...

He is originally from Nashville, TN, where he did his first 3 years of high school. He finished high school at Donda Prep, the basketball prep academy in Simi Valley, California. that was founded by Kanye West. He originally committed to Rutgers, but later committed to BYU. At BYU, he redshirted this past year so he still has 4 years of eligibility left.
      Bio- https://byucougars.com/athlete/m-bas.../braeden-moore
      https://verbalcommits.com/players/braeden-moore
      Bradley portal recruit Braeden Moore commits to Oral Roberts.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

I feel the same way about Malevy at the 3 as I did Henry. Fine for a few minutes if needed, but not ideal. Defensively not so bad, but offensively Malevy was not driving around people or handling the ball at guard level in my opinion. I think stretch four is the ideal for him. Also if Thomas/Hannah are starting then we better have three high level shooters to pair with them in the lineup and that doesn’t seem to be the case right now. Malevy, Hick, Deen are all decent shooters, non of them consistent or knock down yet, and I don’t know if any of them can create their own three shot consistently.
        Thomas is a depth piece. Look at his EIU stats and see he was in foul trouble virtually every game in very limited minutes. Off the charts foul issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

Thomas is a depth piece. Look at his EIU stats and see he was in foul trouble virtually every game in very limited minutes. Off the charts foul issues.
          Our staff has a great track record of developing big men... plus we have some depth at that position which will hopefully be improved from last season. I think there's a good chance Thomas is a starter so hopefully he can give us 15 minutes/game without fouling out.
          The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

• A new name - Christian Shumate
            The Portal Report @ThePortalReport
            2h
            McNeese State (D1) transfer Christian Shumate is still available in the portal. Has received recent interest from the following programs, per source. Arizona State Illinois San Diego State Western Kentucky Milwaukee Bradley DePaul Green Bay Kent State Toledo Murray St Fresno…

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerB View Post
              A new name - Christian Shumate
              The Portal Report @ThePortalReport
              2h
              McNeese State (D1) transfer Christian Shumate is still available in the portal. Has received recent interest from the following programs, per source. Arizona State Illinois San Diego State Western Kentucky Milwaukee Bradley DePaul Green Bay Kent State Toledo Murray St Fresno…

Christian Shumate is a 6'7" redshirt-sophomore at McNeese State. He is from Chicago Heights Bloom HS, and spent his first year at Tulsa (2020-21), where he only played in 8 games and averaged 1.5 ppg. He transferred to McNeese State and played his redshirt-freshman season 2021-22 season, where he lead the team in scoring and rebounding with 12.2 ppg and 6.7 rpg, and was named 3rd team All-Southland Conference.
              In 2022-23 his averages improved to 15.1 ppg and 9.7 rpg, and he lead McNeese in several other categories.
              Bio- https://mcneesesports.com/sports/men...n-shumate/9205
              Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...istian-shumate

One other name from the transfer portal who was rumored to be considering Bradley...
              Bradley remains in contact with Emarion Ellis, a 6'5" redshirt-freshman at Marquette. Ellis was a 4-star recruit out of Davenport (Iowa) Assumption HS in the class of 2021. He initially committed to Texas when Shaka Smart was head coach there, but then switched his commitment to Marquette when Smart got that job. After seeing little playing time as a freshman, he was expected to be a key contributor this past season as a sophomore for a loaded Marquette team. However, he suffered a stress fracture in his leg and underwent surgery last August, and missed the entire 2022-23 season.
              Marquette head coach Shaka Smart recruited a couple highly rated 2023 guards, and Ellis decided to leave and enter the transfer portal.
              Bio- https://gomarquette.com/sports/mens-...ion-ellis/7092
              Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../emarion-ellis
              https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2022/...recovery-rehab
              https://www.anonymouseagle.com/2023/...ransfer-portal
              Bradley coaches are familiar with Ellis from recruiting him back in 2020, before his stock rose-
              https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...ge7#post490755

Comment

• Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

He was a freshman big at the mid major level. How many come in and dominate??? Development is required.

Comment

• I'll take Ellis please.
                  The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

Malevy is bigger, a better outside shooter and handles the ball much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by egib52 View Post

Malevy is bigger, a better outside shooter and handles the ball much better.
                      Definitely on the shooting, but I’m not sure on the driving. Malevy didn’t dribble around guards much and when he tried often because of his height and arm length he had his pocket picked because of the high target for smaller guys. Jashon was a good driver one on one and always had a low center of gravity with his dribble. I don’t mind Malevy at the three for a few minutes like we used Jashon, but to me it’s not ideal against small quick guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhiAlphaBoy View Post

Our staff has a great track record of developing big men... plus we have some depth at that position which will hopefully be improved from last season. I think there's a good chance Thomas is a starter so hopefully he can give us 15 minutes/game without fouling out.
                        I agree on Thomas as a starter. I look at it this way... There are 80 minutes available at the 4 & 5 positions.

Leons - 30
                        Hannah - 20
                        Thomas - 20
                        Jonovic - 5
                        Atlason - 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coach View Post

I agree on Thomas as a starter. I look at it this way... There are 80 minutes available at the 4 & 5 positions.

Leons - 30
                          Hannah - 20
                          Thomas - 20
                          Jonovic - 5
                          Atlason - 5
                          I'm not sure that Thomas can stay out of foul trouble enough to give us 20 minutes. I think we're more likely to see him around 10-12 minutes where Bradley plays a 3-guard lineup of Hickman, Deen and Pettigrew. I'm hopeful that Bradley will land a 6'5 -6'7 wing who will eat up minutes from both Thomas and Hannah. I'd like to see:

Leons 28-30 mpg
                          Hannah 15-17 mpg
                          Thomas 10-12 mpg
                          Jonovic/Biliew/Linke 2-3 mpg
                          Atlason 3-7 mpg

* 11-22 mpg of a 3-guard lineup

Comment

• Originally posted by PhiAlphaBoy View Post

I'm not sure that Thomas can stay out of foul trouble enough to give us 20 minutes. I think we're more likely to see him around 10-12 minutes where Bradley plays a 3-guard lineup of Hickman, Deen and Pettigrew. I'm hopeful that Bradley will land a 6'5 -6'7 wing who will eat up minutes from both Thomas and Hannah. I'd like to see:

Leons 28-30 mpg
                            Hannah 15-17 mpg
                            Thomas 10-12 mpg
                            Jonovic/Biliew/Linke 2-3 mpg
                            Atlason 3-7 mpg

* 11-22 mpg of a 3-guard lineup
                            You guys are not giving Jonovic enough credit. He will have more minutes than that. Not sure he will start but I believe he will get good quality minutes

Comment

• Hannah averaged 16 minutes this past season, it might be a little inflated from when Mast and Henry were both out, but if he continues to improve this off season he should be good for at least 20 a game. If Jonovic is as good as some believe them I don't see Thomas needing to average more than 10. I see him as insurance against injuries and being part of the deal to land Pettigrew.

Comment

• I see Jonovic getting minutes....he is over the shock of living here now, used to the pace of the game and will contribute IMO....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X