This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
    Ok....we're on a roll.....any names yet on the 2 kids visiting this weekend?
    Somebody spill the beans or give us a hint

Comment

• Not at liberty to reveal names publicly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach on 4/4/23 View Post
        Bradley has reached out to Shereef MItchell-
        https://twitter.com/ThePortalReport/...57789928845313

Shereef Mitchell is a 6'1" redshirt junior guard at Creighton, who has entered the portal.
        Bio- https://gocreighton.com/sports/mens-...-mitchell/7460
        Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ereef-mitchell

He played in 36 games this season, but did not start any. He averaged 7.4 minutes per game, his lowest playing time in any of the 4 seasons he's been at Creighton (he redshirted last year after getting injured early in the season). He averaged just 1.6 ppg, his lowest output in his 4 season, and he shot 34.5% from three (29% for his career) on relatively low numbers.

Teams that have interest in Shareef Mitchell.
        North Texas
        UAB
        Omaha
        Cal Bakersfield
        Delaware
        High Point
        South Dakota
        Bradley

Not really an impressive list, probably because of his poor numbers in 2022-23, and his injury in 2021-22. But Mitchell was a 3-star recruit, and 247Sports.com ranked him #190 nationally in 2019, so he does appear to have potential.
        Bradley portal recruit Shereef MItchell has committed to Ohio U.

Comment

• Lets hope we get some commits this weekend.

Comment

• Kyle Thomas to Bradley.
            Attached Files

Comment

• With Thomas and Pettigrew committing tonight to the Braves that leaves only 1 scholarship remaining. What should they recruit with the last ride?
              I want a pure knockdown shooter, deadly from 3 and a high % FT shooter.... or maybe another power forward....
              I think we're fine at center now....

Comment

With Thomas and Pettigrew committing tonight to the Braves that leaves only 1 scholarship remaining. What should they recruit with the last ride?
                I want a pure knockdown shooter, deadly from 3 and a high % FT shooter.... or maybe another power forward....
                These latest two commits both come with significant D1 experience, yet both have 3 years of eligibility left, unlike grad-transfers, or one-year stopgap additions. Along with Almar Atlason, who will have 4 years of eligibility left, that adds to the stability of the program.
                Check out the updated Scholarship Grid- the only player on the 2023-24 squad who has no eligibility left after this coming year is Malevy Leon, though I think we will also see 4th year seniors like Linke and Biliew graduate and move on, and possibly other 4th year players like Deen and Hannah.
                Scholarship Grid- https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...holarship-grid

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

These latest two commits both come with significant D1 experience, yet both have 3 years of eligibility left, unlike grad-transfers, or one-year stopgap additions. Along with Almar Atlason, who will have 4 years of eligibility left, that adds to the stability of the program.
                  Check out the updated Scholarship Grid- the only player on the 2023-24 squad who has no eligibility left after this coming year is Malevy Leon, though I think we will also see 4th year seniors like Linke and Biliew graduate and move on, and possibly other 4th year players like Deen and Hannah.
                  Scholarship Grid- https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...holarship-grid
                  I agree on the stability. Coach is just not building a team he is building a program ( or I should say elevating it to another level )

Comment

With Thomas and Pettigrew committing tonight to the Braves that leaves only 1 scholarship remaining. What should they recruit with the last ride?
                    Absolutely. Every year I ask for that shooter and it never seems to be what we get, so I’m not expecting it at this point, but still hopeful. I don’t want to count on it being Atlason his freshman year adjusting to a new speed in D1.

I said this last year, but maybe even more so now, our roster construction concerns me a little:

5 - Jonovic, Hannah, Thomas, Linke, Biliew
                    4- Leons, Atlason???
                    3 - ??????, Davis
                    2 - Hickman, Burch
                    1 - Pettigrew, Deen

7 post type players and 5 wings, 3 of which still have a lot of prove at the D1 level. Pretty much know what we are getting from Hick and Deen, and that’s about it. And Davis is not exactly a ball handler, so he almost plays more like a stretch four. Just like last year (which we mostly lucked out on), if a guard gets hurt long term we are in big trouble. Right now it that happens, Burch or Davis would be starting with the other the only reserve for three spots. We don’t have Henry to play an out of place 3 this year to cover for it at times either.

We need a shooter who can start immediately at the 3 spot with the last ride if Linke and Biliew are both sticking around (the no NIL deals thing is still interesting to me). We have lost three of our better, albeit inconsistent, shooters (Mast, Ville, Zek) and replaced them with only one freshman (Atlason) who seems to be a shooter. And we really needed a knock down shooter even with all those guys back.
                    Last edited by BUfan14; 04-16-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

I think we will also see 4th year seniors like Linke and Biliew graduate and move on
                      I have heard that both of these players will graduate this May, so this may be the reason they were not mentioned by HOTB when NIL deals were announced. I think both players will move on and that we will have two more immediate scholarships to fill. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those gets banked for the fall.
                      The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

• Originally posted by PhiAlphaBoy View Post

I have heard that both of these players will graduate this May, so this may be the reason they were not mentioned by HOTB when NIL deals were announced. I think both players will move on and that we will have two more immediate scholarships to fill. I wouldn't be surprised if one of those gets banked for the fall.
                        You mean next May. We now only have one scholarship left for this upcoming season.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

You mean next May. We now only have one scholarship left for this upcoming season.
                          I think he’s implying they might graduate early and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

I think he’s implying they might graduate early and move on.
                            I would not count on this happening though. They're more likely to stick around for the season.
                            The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post

Absolutely. Every year I ask for that shooter and it never seems to be what we get, so I’m not expecting it at this point, but still hopeful. I don’t want to count on it being Atlason his freshman year adjusting to a new speed in D1.

I said this last year, but maybe even more so now, our roster construction concerns me a little:

5 - Jonovic, Hannah, Thomas, Linke, Biliew
                              4- Leons, Atlason???
                              3 - ??????, Davis
                              2 - Hickman, Burch
                              1 - Pettigrew, Deen

7 post type players and 5 wings, 3 of which still have a lot of prove at the D1 level. Pretty much know what we are getting from Hick and Deen, and that’s about it. And Davis is not exactly a ball handler, so he almost plays more like a stretch four. Just like last year (which we mostly lucked out on), if a guard gets hurt long term we are in big trouble. Right now it that happens, Burch or Davis would be starting with the other the only reserve for three spots. We don’t have Henry to play an out of place 3 this year to cover for it at times either.

We need a shooter who can start immediately at the 3 spot with the last ride if Linke and Biliew are both sticking around (the no NIL deals thing is still interesting to me). We have lost three of our better, albeit inconsistent, shooters (Mast, Ville, Zek) and replaced them with only one freshman (Atlason) who seems to be a shooter. And we really needed a knock down shooter even with all those guys back.
                              I'm of the same thought here. While I do like the signed players, I don't think any of them are immediate impact players, something we need if we want to replace Mast, Zek, & Ville's production at all. I was hoping for a strong veteran combo or shooting/point guard to come in right away to help.

While the thought of stability is nice, in the current environment I just don't know if that is the correct goal to focus on right now, vs potentially getting starting roster talent instead.
                              Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stryker View Post

I'm of the same thought here. While I do like the signed players, I don't think any of them are immediate impact players, something we need if we want to replace Mast, Zek, & Ville's production at all. I was hoping for a strong veteran combo or shooting/point guard to come in right away to help.

While the thought of stability is nice, in the current environment I just don't know if that is the correct goal to focus on right now, vs potentially getting starting roster talent instead.
                                I think Thomas could really improve over the summer and start. Hannah may take the 4, with Malevy at the 3 (he guards everyone and can score at all levels). I would like to bring in a TR style proven scorer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X