Collapse

Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah State was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament today by 1-seed Purdue. It's now being reported that 1-year Utah State head coach Danny Sprinkle has been offered the Vanderbilt job - https://twitter.com/RumorsCoach/stat...13563260936202

Comment

• Rice hired Rob Lanier to be its next men's basketball coach, returning Lanier to a job in the AAC after his unexpected dismissal from SMU last week.
      My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

• Washington State's Kyle Smith named new Stanford head coach.

Comment

• Source: IUPUI will hire UIndy's Paul Corsaro as its next head basketball coach.
          My first BU hoops game was on 12/30/1963. My dad took me to watch the Braves defeat Arizona 67-59. He helped me get Coach Orsborn's autograph before the game.

Comment

• The Bottom falling out for Mid-Majors? Florida Atlantic losing their coach and I'm sure some players will follow him to Michigan!!! Just last night, Darin Devries leaving I'm sure with his son to West Virginia! Is Indiana State head coach and his players next? If Schertz leaves and all those other transfers out of the Valley, what becomes of our Missouri Valley Conference? Unless unbelievable recruiting in the portal, we may be left with a depleted Conference! That's sad! However, if Bradley can keep their core of players, does that help us get to the dance next year? Time will Tell!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevezall View Post
              The Bottom falling out for Mid-Majors? Florida Atlantic losing their coach and I'm sure some players will follow him to Michigan!!! Just last night, Darin Devries leaving I'm sure with his son to West Virginia! Is Indiana State head coach and his players next? If Schertz leaves and all those other transfers out of the Valley, what becomes of our Missouri Valley Conference? Unless unbelievable recruiting in the portal, we may be left with a depleted Conference! That's sad! However, if Bradley can keep their core of players, does that help us get to the dance next year? Time will Tell!!!
              Schertz is already heavily rumored to be going to St. Louis University. It is likely he will take most of the ISUb roster with him.

Going to be very interesting seeing what the MVC looks like going into next year. If Jacobson leaves UNI for some reason...Wardle would be the old man in the conference I think!
              Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                Utah State was eliminated from the NCAA Tournament today by 1-seed Purdue. It's now being reported that 1-year Utah State head coach Danny Sprinkle has been offered the Vanderbilt job - https://twitter.com/RumorsCoach/stat...13563260936202
                Sprinkle stays out West, and is going to Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by egib52 View Post

Sprinkle stays out West, and is going to Washington.
                  How do you expect the players to stay if the coaches dont stay..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevezall View Post
                    The Bottom falling out for Mid-Majors? Florida Atlantic losing their coach and I'm sure some players will follow him to Michigan!!! Just last night, Darin Devries leaving I'm sure with his son to West Virginia! Is Indiana State head coach and his players next? If Schertz leaves and all those other transfers out of the Valley, what becomes of our Missouri Valley Conference? Unless unbelievable recruiting in the portal, we may be left with a depleted Conference! That's sad! However, if Bradley can keep their core of players, does that help us get to the dance next year? Time will Tell!!!
                    maybe this is why the midmajors keep doing better and better in the post-season - and knocking off P-5 teams like Minnesota,
                    and Kentucky - because a lot of the big boys keep filling their rosters with mid-major players instead of high major ones.

Comment

• Excuse me if this was already posted. I can't keep up with all the news breaking...
                      Vanderbilt will hire James Madison head coach Mark Byington - https://www.espn.co.uk/mens-college-...-mark-byington

Comment

• Valpo AD stepping down suddenly & unexpectedly...
                        Charles Hall, just hired 2 years ago - no reason given other than the standard "to pursue other opportunities".

Kinda sounds a little like the reason they gave with Bo Ryan and Walter McCarty

Taking over as Interim AD is Laurel Hosmer who is even newer to Valpo than Roger Powell.
                        She was just hired in January 2024. - https://www.valpoathletics.com/athle...laurel-hosmer/

Comment

• Interesting Comment about The Majors poaching the mid-Major players/ Coaches also! Then they loose to other Mid-Majors like Kentucky getting beat by Oakland! There will always be surprise Mid-Major players who perform well and surprise high major teams! That's the fun of the upsets! But in the end while it's great for a mid-Major or two making the Final 4, it's almost Impossible for them to beat the best high major team for the Championship!! (Calling Connecticut). However, for a mid-Major to Win a Regional championship, to me that's equivalent to a mid-Major Winning it all by reaching the Final 4! I'm personally fulfilled when say a Bradley can make the sweet 16 ( 2006) or a loyola can make the final 4 ( 2018 ) In the end, to me that's more success then a Major Team who is filled to the Brim with talent because of there power conference $$ that dictates where the Best players end up playing!!! GO MID-MAJORS!!!!

Comment

• Cuonzo Martin heading back to Missouri St for a 2nd stint

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Prob no surprise but hearing that barring an amazing run from the 9-seed spot, that the MVC will have an opening - and that the name Cuonzo will come up
                              Ha - and this was before the MVC Tourney and even more than a week before Dana was fired..
                              Originally posted by Afreck2430 View Post
                              Cuonzo Martin heading back to Missouri St for a 2nd stint

Comment

• Haha, I mentioned Cuonzo as a possibility in the first half of February, well before your mention. - https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...338#post507338

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X