Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basketball nut View Post

That sounds like spoiled Shocker fans.
    Nothing was more fun then to see rhem lose on Friday or Saturday in St Louis. To watch them leave from the Peartree on their chartered bus the next morning was always fun because for a couple days they thought they owned the hotel.
    Wichita drew incredibly well for most of the past couple decades. They sold out almost every game for years (10,500).- https://goshockers.com/images/2017/2/8/732.JPG
    But since the Gregg Marshall fiasco, fans have left in masses. They averaged only 7,000 this year but that was deceptive.
    Some games that should have been big conference rivalries drew just over 6000- https://goshockers.com/sports/mens-b...boxscore/16033
    I know they still draw better than most MVC teams but even though they had a winning season (17-15) the no-shows led to 1/2 empty arena.
    Gregg created controversy but fans love controversy as well as winning.

They were paying Isaac Brown over $1 million/yr so they owe him almost $4 mil firing him with 3 years on his contract.- https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag...h=726945d02ecd

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post

Wichita drew incredibly well for most of the past couple decades. They sold out almost every game for years (10,500).- https://goshockers.com/images/2017/2/8/732.JPG
      But since the Gregg Marshall fiasco, fans have left in masses. They averaged only 7,000 this year but that was deceptive.
      Some games that should have been big conference rivalries drew just over 6000- https://goshockers.com/sports/mens-b...boxscore/16033
      I know they still draw better than most MVC teams but even though they had a winning season (17-15) the no-shows led to 1/2 empty arena.
      Gregg created controversy but fans love controversy as well as winning.

They were paying Isaac Brown over $1 million/yr so they owe him almost $4 mil firing him with 3 years on his contract.- https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzag...h=726945d02ecd
      I was never a Greg Marshall fan but he could recruit and he could coach.
      I didn't like his language and how he belittled other teams players and even his own.
      it finally caught up with him.

Comment

They were the perfect heel for the rest of the league to all hate together, (even thought they were actually my 2nd favorite conference member personally). Collective hate binds people better than liking something. Their loss hurts the worst because Valpo was such a poor replacement.

Comment

Micah Shrewsberry from Penn State to Notre Dame.
          houstonbrave

Comment

Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
            Micah Shrewsberry from Penn State to Notre Dame.
            Drake fans everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.

Comment

Valparaiso fires Matt Lottich.
              https://twitter.com/MattNorlander/st...7076982714369m

Will that make Krikke to hit the portal? Or go pro?

Comment

Lottich was head coach at Valpo for 7 seasons, 6 of them in the MVC.
                MVC finishes-
                2017-18- 10th out of 10
                2018-19- 9th out of 10
                2019-20- 7th out of 10
                2020-21- 6th out of 10
                2021-22- 7th out of 10
                2022-23- 10th out of 12

I think he's a good coach, and his lack of success has more to do with lack of talent and poor depth. But 6 years of poor finishes like that, and no significant improvement will usually get a coach fired

Comment

I like Lottich a lot too. Wish him the best.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_o'brian View Post
                    I like Lottich a lot too. Wish him the best.
                    Same. Valpo had some NCAA success in the 90s & tournament appearances in the 00's, but man I bet it is hard to recruit to that school now.
                    Thinking is the hardest work, that is why so few people do it. -Henry Ford

Yeah...I've been in college for a while now and I'm pretty sure that awesomest is not a word. -Andrew E.

Comment

Matt Lottich's contract runs through the 2024-25 season. He is one of the lower paid coaches in the MVC. His salary has been reported to be just shy of $350,000 per year.

So unless his contract stipulated a specific buyout clause, Valpo could be looking at paying him around $700,000 over the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                        Matt Lottich's contract runs through the 2024-25 season. He is one of the lower paid coaches in the MVC. His salary has been reported to be just shy of $350,000 per year.

So unless his contract stipulated a specific buyout clause, Valpo could be looking at paying him around $700,000 over the next 2 years.
                        I just need one short term job coaching a college basketball team and I’d be set for life. You think Valpo would give me a shot?
                        Larry Bird
                        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post

I just need one short term job coaching a college basketball team and I’d be set for life. You think Valpo would give me a shot?
                          Probably not because you're BU fan.
                          They have several coaches sitting in the stands disguised as fans or vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by basketball nut View Post

Probably not because you're BU fan.
                            They have several coaches sitting in the stands disguised as fans or vice versa.
                            Dream dasher!
                            Larry Bird
                            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                              Lottich was head coach at Valpo for 7 seasons, 6 of them in the MVC.
                              MVC finishes-
                              2017-18- 10th out of 10
                              2018-19- 9th out of 10
                              2019-20- 7th out of 10
                              2020-21- 6th out of 10
                              2021-22- 7th out of 10
                              2022-23- 10th out of 12

I think he's a good coach, and his lack of success has more to do with lack of talent and poor depth. But 6 years of poor finishes like that, and no significant improvement will usually get a coach fired
                              He was able to recruit good talent, he just continued to lose that talent as far as transferring to other teams. Had Clay and S.Edwards been on his team this season I think Valpo could have had a decent season.

Comment

Originally posted by tomahawk chop View Post

He was able to recruit good talent, he just continued to lose that talent as far as transferring to other teams. Had Clay and S.Edwards been on his team this season I think Valpo could have had a decent season.
                                You are right. They also lost a couple other key players in the last 2 or 3 years who would have really helped Valpo...
                                Javon Freeman-Liberty, who was a 1st team All-MVC player, and became DePaul's leading scorer and an All-Big East player.
                                Jacob Ognacevic, who transferred to Lipscomb, and became their best player. He averaged 11.2 ppg as a junior last year and shot 46% from three. And this year, he lead the team in scoring with 17.7 ppg, as well as being the leading scorer in 21 of their 33 games.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X