Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Commit-Duke Deen

From Jeff Goodman

Bradley has landed Sun Belt freshman of the year Duke Deen, source told @Stadium. Guard averaged 9 points and 3 assists per game for Troy this past season.

Your starting PG next year BU fans.

Comment

Can confirm that Deen has committed and signed.
      More about Cody "Duke" Deen-

Great news! Welcome to Bradley, Duke.
      Things are coming together just as Coach Wardle planned. He has his guards and his wing/sniper.
      Now we await the final recruit, another big man.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        Can confirm that Deen has committed and signed.
        Great news! Welcome to Bradley, Duke.
        Things are coming together just as Coach Wardle planned. He has his guards and his wing/sniper.
        Now we await the final recruit, another big man.
        And the Achor Achor countdown begins...

Comment

Great news.....Welcome to the Hilltop Duke!

Now let's get that Big Man!

Comment

Not that this matters all that much, but what were his other offers?

Comment

Welcome to BU- great to have you joining us
              houstonbrave

Comment

Any idea on early favorite for starting PG with Pop vs Deen? Is there a favorite for that or is in a full on competition? Do we see one or both as a combo guard or are they more pure PGs?

I think we needed two ball handlers and a taller shooter, so I think our main needs are accomplished. I still wouldn’t mind another shooter/wing, especially with Ville still battling injuries, but I understand if a big gets the last ride too.

Comment

I think Deen will remind BU fans of Darrell Brown. I’m not trying to put expectations on this kid but his game reminds me of Darrell in a lot of ways. Time will tell.

Comment

His original offers included Fort Wayne, Longwood, UT Arlington and Nichols St.

Comment

The Nicholls State offer was when he was in high school (2019), and the UTA, IPFW, and Longwood offers were when he was playing at Panola junior college (2021). He had other offers out of Junior College, obviously including Troy, and Bradley-
                      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...625#post497625

It seems that offers that players get when they are in the transfer portal don't get reported as often. But this report from a month ago (March 25, 2022) right after he entered the transfer portal, says he had already been contacted by "Bradley, South Dakota, Pacific, Grambling State, Longwood, Prairie View A&M and others since entering the transfer portal.
                      https://twitter.com/portal_updates/status/1507401120301334546

I suspect there were others that got involved since then, and that there were other offers that we don't know about.

Comment

Screenshot_20220423-100500_Twitter.jpg

Comment

Welcome to BU, Duke! Excited to have you here!

One of our weaknesses this off season appears to be a strength now! Looking forward to the upcoming season.
                          Larry Bird
                          I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Yep happy with this one even tho he's very small could play like dbj and I'm all for that. Now on to a Big. Don't trust Hannah or linke in an important game for 1 second so get a backup that can play a few minutes a game and not turn the ball over, set good screens, and play D. That's it. Don't need any more production from the backup big than that. If one of those two would do that we wouldn't need a big but so far they have shown 0 sign of doing all three of those things. Usually just one for each

Comment

Video highlights from Duke Deen's freshman season, courtesy of Bradley Basketball-
                              https://twitter.com/bradleyumbb/stat...88525739253760

Tweets from Coach Wardle-

https://twitter.com/BrianMWardle/sta...92247626424322

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X