Collapse

Christian Davis to Bradley...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the kind of recruit I was hoping for, a tall 3 man that can shoot and is somewhat athletic. I hope he plays defense (a must here) because if so, I see no reason he shouldn't play right away with our wing and three shooting needs (barring other commits). Seems like he might do at least passable on defense judging by his ability to decently defensive rebound and block shots. Doesn't mean he has great on ball or team defense, but usually if a player puts an effort in on defensive rebounding, they put an effort in on defense in general. Maybe he can take the Kent's place, except with better shooting. I'm encourage by a couple of things here:

1. He was still growing. Given a year to adjust to his much taller body now and put on some weight, I think he will only get better.

2. 91% free throw shooting. We always say FT shooting shows the ability to shoot in general, which means he can certainly do that even if percentages weren't awesome last year. I think he will get better and better.

Comment

Wow 5" growth spurt after high school. Seems like a late bloomer who will hopefully only get better.

Comment

A shooter !!!! WE GOT US A SHOOTER !!!! (jumping up and down) And 91.3% from the free throw line !! Welcome to the team, Christian!

Comment

He is a good replacement for Jayson Kent. In re-watching some of the Bradley games this year ( thanks to Tommy ) Jayson was athletic but not a very consistent 3- point shooter. I think Christian brings athleticism plus better 3 point shooting along with FT percentage that is fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
            He is a good replacement for Jayson Kent. In re-watching some of the Bradley games this year ( thanks to Tommy ) Jayson was athletic but not a very consistent 3- point shooter. I think Christian brings athleticism plus better 3 point shooting along with FT percentage that is fantastic
            BF124! Thanks for the shoutout, buddy!
            Larry Bird
            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Man, let's lace 'em up and start the new season already!!!

Really liking our potential - just need every returning guy to get a little better and we'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
                Man, let's lace 'em up and start the new season already!!!

Really liking our potential - just need every returning guy to get a little better and we'll be fine.
                I agree! I think we can expect incremental improvement from Connor Hickman and Malevy Leons for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post

I agree! I think we can expect incremental improvement from Connor Hickman and Malevy Leons for sure.
                  Yes - Malevy was very solid, but didn't shoot the 3 well the last 10 games or so.
                  I was pleased with Hickman's freshman year - the guy does a lot for us.
                  Will be a great guy for BU the next 3 years and will make impact kinda like Kennell - maybe even Rob Dye (though we didn't have much on those teams in the way of scoring...like we do now)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X