Collapse

Transfer portal players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Iowa guard AJ Green to enter transfer portal, test NBA Draft waters
    https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...es/7320763001/

Comment

• Originally posted by braves16 View Post
      Northern Iowa guard AJ Green to enter transfer portal, test NBA Draft waters
      https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...es/7320763001/
      Good chance he ends up playing the 2022-23 season at Iowa State, where his father now works as an assistant coach under T.J. Otzelberger.

Comment

• Here is a blogger who lists the top 20 guards in the transfer portal. He lists 2-time MVC POY A.J. Green as the 9th best guard, and even lists Antonio Reeves (who has never played on a winning team) and Tyreke Key (coming off shoulder surgery and a year off) among the guards he rates ahead of him.
        https://theportalreport.com/2022/04/...kendric-davis/

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
          Here is a blogger who lists the top 20 guards in the transfer portal. He lists 2-time MVC POY A.J. Green as the 9th best guard, and even lists Antonio Reeves (who has never played on a winning team) and Tyreke Key (coming off shoulder surgery and a year off) among the guards he rates ahead of him.
          Obviously has never watched them play. I would much rather my team play against Reeves or Key than Green. He is way too skilled of a shooter.

Comment

Here is a blogger who lists the top 20 guards in the transfer portal. He lists 2-time MVC POY A.J. Green as the 9th best guard, and even lists Antonio Reeves (who has never played on a winning team) and Tyreke Key (coming off shoulder surgery and a year off) among the guards he rates ahead of him.
            I would have to guess that is a blogger than only sees stats and doesn't watch games.
            Larry Bird
            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Updated list of all the MVC players in the transfer portal, so far-
              Belmont-

Will Richard- freshman guard - starter 12.1 pg, 6.0 rpg- transferring to Florida
              JaCobi Wood- sophomore guard - top reserve, 6.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg
              Bradley-
              Jayson Kent- sophomore- transferred to Indiana State
              Terry Roberts- junior- Transferring to Georgia
              Drake-
              Jordan Kwiecinski- redshirt freshman
              Devin Dahlke- sophomore
              Evansville-
              Troy Boynton- redshirt freshman- transferred to South Carolina as walk-on
              Jawaun Newton- senior
              Emmette Page- redshirt junior
              Blake Sisley- freshman- transferred to Wright State
              Iyen Enaruna- senior
              Illinois State-
              Antonio Reeves- junior
              Alston Andrews- sophomore
              Abdou Ndiaye- junior
              Josiah Strong- senior
              Jayden Johnson- sophomore walk-on
              Howard Fleming, Jr.- sophomore
              Emon Washington- redshirt-sophomore
              Sy. Chatman- junior
              Indiana State-
              Tyreke Key- 5th year senior- transferring to Tennessee
              Nick Hittle- sophomore- transferring to Southern Indiana
              Quimari Peterson- freshman
              Simon Wilbar- sophomore
              Dearon Tucker- junior
              Micah Thomas- sophomore
              Sam Mervis- sophomore
              Missouri State-
              Keaton Hervey- senior- transferring to Oakland
              Demarcus Sharp- senior- transferring to Northwestern State
              Ja'Monta Black- junior- transferring to Northwestern State
              Melvyn Ebonkoli- sophomore
              Skylar Wicks- redshirt freshman
              Elijah Bridgers- sophomore
              Murray State-
              K.J. Williams- junior
              Jackson Sivills- freshman- transferring to Wofford
              Damiree "DJ" Burns-sophomore- withdrew and will return to Murray State
              Dionte Bostic- freshman
              Justice Hill- sophomore- transferring to LSU
              Elijah Farr- junior
              Trae Hannibal- sophomore- transferring to LSU
              DaQuan Smith- redshirt sophomore
              Matt Smith- redshirt sophomore
              Corneilous Williams- transferring to LSU
              Nicholas McMullen- sophomore- transferred to UNC-Asheville
              UNI-
              Noah Carter- sophomore- transferring to Missouri
              A.J. Green- junior
              Antwan Kimmons- sophomore- transferring to Concordia St. Paul
              SIU-
              Sekou Dembele- junior
              Kyler Filewich- sophomore- transferring to Wofford
              UIC-
              Zion Griffin- junior
              Jalen Johnson- junior
              Marcus Larsson- junior
              Valparaiso-
              Keyondre Young- freshman
              Sheldon Edwards- sophomore- transferring to Loyola
              Trey Woodyard- freshman

Comment

• Although we lost a couple good contributors, it’s nice to see that after everything shook out, we had among the fewest defections in the mvc.
                Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dub View Post
                  Although we lost a couple good contributors, it’s nice to see that after everything shook out, we had among the fewest defections in the mvc.
                  And the coaches have done a good job of replacing the players lost (Mikey Howell & Ari Boya - due to graduation, and Terry Roberts & Jayson Kent- due to transfer) with pretty good talent.

Comment

[B]Updated list of all the MVC players in the transfer portal, so far-
                    Indiana State-
                    Tyreke Key- 5th year senior
                    Indiana State transfer Tyreke Key says he will announce his decision this afternoon.
                    I am guessing Tennessee, one of the schools he visited. He is a native of Celina, Tennessee, and has 1 season of eligibility left.
                    He has had more than 45 schools reach out to him since entering the transfer portal-

Comment

Indiana State transfer Tyreke Key says he will announce his decision this afternoon.
                      I am guessing Tennessee, one of the schools he visited. He is a native of Celina, Tennessee, and has 1 season of eligibility left.
                      He has had more than 45 schools reach out to him since entering the transfer portal-
                      Tyreke Key just posted that he will announce his decision at 6:00 pm EST

Comment

• Looks like a lucrative NIL deal helped University of Miami land one of the top transfers (several reporters and ratings have him #1) in the portal, Nijel Pack-
                        ​​​​​​https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...49703643611137

Comment

Tyreke Key transferring to Tennessee-

Comment

Looks like a lucrative NIL deal helped University of Miami land one of the top transfers (several reporters and ratings have him #1) in the portal, Nijel Pack-
                            ​​​​​​https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...49703643611137
                            Let me preface this comment I’m about to make that it has nothing to do with this recruit or his situation or character

it’ll be interesting to see if the amount of trouble kids get in rises with these lucrative NIL deals. With these kind of means at their disposal and not having to keep it on the down low I would imagine the opportunity to act foolish will tug at their young minds.

I hope not but lord knows what I would have done with almost a million dollars at that age

DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

Let me preface this comment I’m about to make that it has nothing to do with this recruit or his situation or character

it’ll be interesting to see if the amount of trouble kids get in rises with these lucrative NIL deals. With these kind of means at their disposal and not having to keep it on the down low I would imagine the opportunity to act foolish will tug at their young minds.

I hope not but lord knows what I would have done with almost a million dollars at that age
                              That's a good point and I agree. If you look where teenagers and young 20's guys get suddenly rich (like in music, movies, TV or through inheritance). There seems to be a much higher than usual incidence of destructive lifestyle choices.

Comment

That's a good point and I agree. If you look where teenagers and young 20's guys get suddenly rich (like in music, movies, TV or through inheritance). There seems to be a much higher than usual incidence of destructive lifestyle choices.
                                Having said that, and realizing that NIL deals will be a critical part of recruiting going forward, does anyone know the extent to which this is being incorporated into BU's recruiting process (including booster support)?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X