Collapse

Transfer portal players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The transfer portal is not going to change. We need to get used to this. The NCAA and the big Power 5 schools who run things believe the transfer portal is working just fine. This is exactly how they envisioned it would work. They are not the least bit concerned about how it is affecting mid-major and smaller schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
      The transfer portal is not going to change. We need to get used to this. The NCAA and the big Power 5 schools who run things believe the transfer portal is working just fine. This is exactly how they envisioned it would work. They are not the least bit concerned about how it is affecting mid-major and smaller schools.
      Exactly… it’s how they combat the one and done. This is where the power 5 schools will get juniors and seniors now. Not from their own development.
      DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

Exactly… it’s how they combat the one and done. This is where the power 5 schools will get juniors and seniors now. Not from their own development.
        The NCAA is destroying college basketball

Comment

The transfer portal is not going to change. We need to get used to this. The NCAA and the big Power 5 schools who run things believe the transfer portal is working just fine. This is exactly how they envisioned it would work. They are not the least bit concerned about how it is affecting mid-major and smaller schools.
          That’s exactly what I figured DaCoach. Thanks for confirming

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

The NCAA is destroying college basketball
            I agree… just saying how the big boys view it/want it
            DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

I agree… just saying how the big boys view it/want it
              During his commentary of one of the NCAA tourney games Reggie Miller commented on the transfers that were playing and how the new transfer rules have reinvigorated college basketball. I think every mid/low major fan would disagree. The idea of being the minor leagues for the big guys is very disheartening as a fan.
              Go small or go home!

Comment

• A third Murray State transfer has committed to LSU where their former head coach Matt McMahon is now the new LSU head coach-
                Trae Hannibal joins Justice Hill and Corneilous Williams in committing to LSU-
                https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...60567879381025

Updated list of all the MVC players in the transfer portal, so far-
                Belmont-

Will Richard- freshman guard - starter 12.1 pg, 6.0 rpg
                JaCobi Wood- sophomore guard - top reserve, 6.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg

Bradley-
                Jayson Kent- sophomore- transferred to Indiana State
                Terry Roberts- junior

Drake-
                Jordan Kwiecinski- redshirt freshman

Evansville-
                Troy Boynton- redshirt freshman
                Jawaun Newton- senior
                Emmette Page- redshirt junior

Illinois State-
                Antonio Reeves- junior
                Alston Andrews- sophomore
                Abdou Ndiaye- junior

Indiana State-
                Tyreke Key- 5th year senior
                Nick Hittle- sophomore
                Quimari Peterson- freshman
                Simon Wilbar- sophomore
                Dearon Tucker- junior
                Micah Thomas- sophomore

Missouri State-
                Keaton Hervey- senior
                Demarcus Sharp- senior
                Ja'Monta Black- junior
                Melvyn Ebonkoli- sophomore

Murray State-
                K.J. Williams- junior
                Jackson Sivills- freshman
                Damiree Burns- sophomore
                Dionte Bostic- freshman
                Justice Hill- sophomore- transferred to LSU
                Elijah Farr- junior
                Trae Hannibal- sophomore- transferred to LSU
                DaQuan Smith- redshirt sophomore
                Matt Smith- redshirt sophomore
                Corneilous Williams- transferred to LSU
                NIcholas McMullen- sophomore

UNI-
                Noah Carter- sophomore

SIU-
                Sekou Dembele- junior
                Kyler Filewich- sophomore

UIC-
                Zion Griffin- junior
                Jalen Johnson- junior
                Marcus Larsson- junior

Valparaiso-
                Keyondre Young- freshman
                Sheldon Edwards- sophomore
                Trey Woodyard- freshman

Comment

A third Murray State transfer has committed to LSU where their former head coach Matt McMahon is now the new LSU head coach-
                  Trae Hannibal joins Justice Hill and Corneilous Williams in committing to LSU-
                  https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...60567879381025

Updated list of all the MVC players in the transfer portal, so far-
                  Belmont-

Will Richard- freshman guard - starter 12.1 pg, 6.0 rpg
                  JaCobi Wood- sophomore guard - top reserve, 6.3 ppg, 2.1 rpg

Bradley-
                  Jayson Kent- sophomore- transferred to Indiana State
                  Terry Roberts- junior

Drake-
                  Jordan Kwiecinski- redshirt freshman

Evansville-
                  Troy Boynton- redshirt freshman
                  Jawaun Newton- senior
                  Emmette Page- redshirt junior

Illinois State-
                  Antonio Reeves- junior
                  Alston Andrews- sophomore
                  Abdou Ndiaye- junior

Indiana State-
                  Tyreke Key- 5th year senior
                  Nick Hittle- sophomore
                  Quimari Peterson- freshman
                  Simon Wilbar- sophomore
                  Dearon Tucker- junior
                  Micah Thomas- sophomore

Missouri State-
                  Keaton Hervey- senior
                  Demarcus Sharp- senior
                  Ja'Monta Black- junior

Murray State-
                  K.J. Williams- junior
                  Jackson Sivills- freshman
                  Damiree Burns- sophomore
                  Dionte Bostic- freshman
                  Justice Hill- sophomore- transferred to LSU
                  Elijah Farr- junior
                  Trae Hannibal- sophomore- transferred to LSU
                  DaQuan Smith- redshirt sophomore
                  Matt Smith- redshirt sophomore
                  Corneilous Williams- transferred to LSU
                  Nicholas McMullen- sophomore

UNI-
                  Noah Carter- sophomore

SIU-
                  Sekou Dembele- junior
                  Kyler Filewich- sophomore

UIC-
                  Zion Griffin- junior
                  Jalen Johnson- junior
                  Marcus Larsson- junior

Valparaiso-
                  Keyondre Young- freshman
                  Sheldon Edwards- sophomore
                  Trey Woodyard- freshman
                  This has to be p***ing off their new head coach Steve Prohm

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

This has to be p***ing off their new head coach Steve Prohm
                    I am sure none of this is being done in secret from Prohm. I bet he knew how many and which players were likely to go to LSU. I just can't imagine LSU basketball fans (however few they may be) are too happy. They believe the SEC is far superior to the OVC, and probably were expecting to get much higher level transfers and 5 star recruits. They are losing 4 and 5 star players from their roster and are being replaced with mid-majors.

Comment

• Nicholas McMullen- a 6'8" 2nd year forward who played in all 34 games off the bench, and averaged 3.2 ppg and 2.9 rpg.

That makes 11 players in the portal, plus another player (Tevin Brown) who declared for the NBA Draft and announced plans to sign with an agent. Plus, their top 2022 recruit decommitted and their 2 graduate players are leaving after exhausting all their eligibility. Good luck in the MVC next year.

Comment

• New MVC member UIC's top scorer and rebounder Damaria Franklin has declared for the NBA Draft-
                        https://twitter.com/Marsssss_3/statu...43460010708995

He says he will not sign with an agent and will maintain his college eligibility, but does not say he would return to UIC.
                        Franklin averaged 17.8 ppg and 6.9 rpg, but shot only 29.7% from three. He averaged 16 FG attempts per game, and only 3 FT attempts per game.
                        I wonder what his chances of getting drafted are?

Comment

• I don’t think the rules will change either, but when entire teams are transferring it makes we wonder if it will affect the casual college basketball fan, which should concern the NCAA. It’s very short term thinking. When I have to get to know entire new rosters to casually watch a game every year even at the highest level I don’t feel like doing it. Kentucky has turned over the roster for years, but they at least had NBA prospects to interest people, though I don’t like that either. Do people care to watch teams other than their own with so much change? If they weren’t an MVC team any interest I had in watching Murray State would have just went away. Same applies to a high major that has tons of new players; it would feel like an all star game (players on different teams joining together) or maybe even a summer pickup game.

Development means nothing now, it’s just win right now. Every coach has to become John Calipari then. Just seems bad for everyone long term, even the big boys if college basketball loses interest.

I guess mid-majors need to pivot to finding kids that really seem to be committed to more than bright lights. Focus on kids who want an education, seem like they have strong commitment in their lives, aren’t looking for just money, and truly believe in a program. Kids like Mast and Leons. Easier said than done. Bradley tapping into their overseas recruiting more too perhaps. It’s been successful thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post
                            I don’t think the rules will change either, but when entire teams are transferring it makes we wonder if it will affect the casual college basketball fan, which should concern the NCAA. It’s very short term thinking. When I have to get to know entire new rosters to casually watch a game every year even at the highest level I don’t feel like doing it. Kentucky has turned over the roster for years, but they at least had NBA prospects to interest people, though I don’t like that either. Do people care to watch teams other than their own with so much change? If they weren’t an MVC team any interest I had in watching Murray State would have just went away. Same applies to a high major that has tons of new players; it would feel like an all star game (players on different teams joining together) or maybe even a summer pickup game.

Development means nothing now, it’s just win right now. Every coach has to become John Calipari then. Just seems bad for everyone long term, even the big boys if college basketball loses interest.

I guess mid-majors need to pivot to finding kids that really seem to be committed to more than bright lights. Focus on kids who want an education, seem like they have strong commitment in their lives, aren’t looking for just money, and truly believe in a program. Kids like Mast and Leons. Easier said than done. Bradley tapping into their overseas recruiting more too perhaps. It’s been successful thus far.
                            Trickle Down Effect….. New NBA team stacking mentality has made its way down these players
                            DUBL R 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BUfan14 View Post
                              I don’t think the rules will change either, but when entire teams are transferring it makes we wonder if it will affect the casual college basketball fan, which should concern the NCAA. It’s very short term thinking. When I have to get to know entire new rosters to casually watch a game every year even at the highest level I don’t feel like doing it. Kentucky has turned over the roster for years, but they at least had NBA prospects to interest people, though I don’t like that either. Do people care to watch teams other than their own with so much change? If they weren’t an MVC team any interest I had in watching Murray State would have just went away. Same applies to a high major that has tons of new players; it would feel like an all star game (players on different teams joining together) or maybe even a summer pickup game.

The difference between foreign and American kids. Foreign kids work at getting better. American kids are coddled and feel entitled. They want instant gratification. NOW!!!!!I would continue looking at foreign kids. I know one of the things Wardle looks at in recruiting a kid is his work ethic. If the kid has none Wardle does not want him

Comment

• I don’t know if there is a kid with a better work ethic than Darrell Brown. I’m of the opinion to just find the best players you can with good character, wherever they’re from. It stinks that Terry left but we’re still better for his playing here and keeping us competitive.
                                BRADLEY BASKETBALL
                                -2 NCAA Title Games
                                -3 NCAA Elite Eights
                                -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
                                -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X