Transfer portal players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
    I guess no one has the heart to post the news!
    What news?

Comment

I’ll let someone else be the bearer of bad news.

Comment

Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
        I’ll let someone else be the bearer of bad news.
        Well I have searched Twitter, so if someone is entering the portal, it hasn't been announced yet.

Comment

It’s Terry…

Comment

Verbal Commits
            @VerbalCommits
            ·
            4m
            Bradley G Terry Roberts has entered the transfer portal. https://verbalcommits.com/players/terry-roberts

Well there it is... Not necessarily surprised in this environment.

Comment

Yes it is!

Comment

Expect Terry Roberts to get similar interest to this-

Mac Irvin Fire
                @TheMacIrvinFire
                Antonio Reeves (Illinois State) has talk to Florida State, Missouri, Arkansas, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Creighton, San Diego State, Arizona State, BYU, Cal Berkeley, Depaul, Kentucky, and Western Kentucky #MacIrvinFire
                4:31 PM · Mar 25, 2022

Reeves is a very good scorer, but is otherwise pretty one-dimensional. His effectiveness will diminish if he ends up playing at a higher level against bigger and better guards, on a team with other talented scorers. Example- D.J. Horne was ISU's leading scorer last year (he outscored Reeves 15.1 ppg to 12.4 ppg last season). Horne transferred to Arizona State where he immediately became their starting shooting guard this season. But instead of seeing his average increase, as Reeve's did this year, and despite taking a lot more shots this season than he did last season at ISU, Horne's scoring average dropped significantly from 15.1 ppg to 12.5 ppg, And, he took a hundred more shots than anyone else on the team! And it didn't help Arizona State much as they were a bad team that finished the season 14-17.
                Terry Roberts should be in similar demand by high-majors. Roberts is a different type of player who might be more valuable to a good team. He can create shots for himself and for everyone else on the floor. So he he may not score as much as Reeves, but he makes his team and his teammates better, as exemplified by Bradley's winning season, compared with the terrible ISU season. Plus, Terry is an excellent defender, something Reeves has never been accused of.

Comment

Da Coach. Is there anyway you can break down the Transfer Portal and see how many kids are American and how many are foreign?

Comment

Cripes, I know the players are individuals trying look out for themselves and that's understandable, but this is going to ruin college basketball for me. There's a reason why I can't stand teams like KY. Full of one and dones. Now MVC teams are turning into the same thing. Power conferences are the new NBA. I was really excited about next year but with the loss of two players, I'm now afraid to even peek at the news...always expecting another shoe to drop!

Comment

Thanks NCAA. You've officially ruined college basketball.
                      Larry Bird
                      I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
                        Da Coach. Is there anyway you can break down the Transfer Portal and see how many kids are American and how many are foreign?
                        The information made public from the portal only lists the names and schools of each player. The best list I've found is the one compiled on VerbalCommits.com-

However, that is not the official list. The official Transfer Portal information is kept on an NCAA website, and college coaches are allowed to have credentials to log on and see it. In addition to listing the players and the school they are attending, the portal provides additional information such as contact information, what year they are in school, how many more seasons of eligibility they have, their academic standing, and some other info necessary to facilitate the transfer process.

The only way to tell how many are American born players vs. foreign players would be to look up each player's name on their schools roster page and gather each players' info that way. Since there are already over 820 names in the transfer portal, that would take hours. But a brief look at the names seems to indicate to me that there are a lot of both types of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

The information made public from the portal only lists the names and schools of each player. The best list I've found is the one compiled on VerbalCommits.com-

However, that is not the official list. The official Transfer Portal information is kept on an NCAA website, and college coaches are allowed to have credentials to log on and see it. In addition to listing the players and the school they are attending, the portal provides additional information such as contact information, what year they are in school, how many more seasons of eligibility they have, their academic standing, and some other info necessary to facilitate the transfer process.

The only way to tell how many are American born players vs. foreign players would be to look up each player's name on their schools roster page and gather each players' info that way. Since there are already over 820 names in the transfer portal, that would take hours. But a brief look at the names seems to indicate to me that there are a lot of both types of players.
                          Ok Da Coach. Thanks for checking. I just had a theory on it..

Comment

Former Brave Sean East was reportedly at Missouri this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by KillerB View Post
                              Former Brave Sean East was reportedly at Missouri this weekend
                              New Missouri coach Dennis Gates has been busy recruiting in the few days he's had the job. He has already got a commitment from a guard, DeAndre Gholston, a transfer from UW-Milwaukee.-

And he just got a commitment from a juco big man-

Pretty good way to start for a guy who's only had the job for 5 days.

Comment

It's now been 2 days since the last MVC player entered the transfer portal (Terry Roberts), though there will surely be more.

Here is the updated list of all the MVC players in the transfer portal so -
                                Troy Boynton- Evansville (freshman who redshirted this past season)
                                Keaton Hervey- Missouri State (senior with 1 more season of eligibility)
                                Tyreke Key- Indiana State (5th year senior with 1 more season of eligibility)
                                Emmette Page- Evansville
                                Jayson Kent- Bradley
                                Sekou Dembele- SIU
                                Antonio Reeves- ILSU
                                Alston Andrews- ILSU
                                Demarcus Sharp- MSU
                                Ja'Monta Black- MSU
                                Nick Hittle- INSU
                                Simon Wilbar- INSU
                                Quimari Peterson- INSU
                                Keyondre Young- Valparaiso
                                Sheldon Edwards- Valparaiso