Collapse

Transfer portal players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't buy that the portal destroys low/midmajors. It's been a positive for us by bringing in guys like Mikey Howell and Sean East.
    BRADLEY BASKETBALL
    -2 NCAA Title Games
    -3 NCAA Elite Eights
    -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
    -4 NIT Championships

Comment

I think the portal is more negative than positive. I think it destroys continuity on a team. Some of your better teams this year had players that stayed on their teams rather than transfer. sometimes you hit a good one like Mickey but when you bring in a new player to a program it takes awhile to adjust to the school, the team, and the coach and what he wants from you. You thought Sean East a positive? Where is he now? And last it opens the door to raiders from other schools

Comment

Sean East was arguably the best player the year he was here. Much better than Mikey Howell. They both played one year at Bradley. If we didn’t have the off court incident that resulted in our train wreck of a season he may have stayed. Or maybe not. Either way, just because he left after one year doesn’t mean he was a negative.

I am on the side of the transfer portal being a negative for smaller schools. It takes a specific type of coach to thrive on transfers. Of the transfers we’ve gotten, they have mostly been quality, rotation level players.
        Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikovio View Post
          I don't buy that the portal destroys low/midmajors. It's been a positive for us by bringing in guys like Mikey Howell and Sean East.

Comment

You're overlooking who Bradley lost last year in the portal and not considering that even if BU benefited last year you can't extrapolate that to 200 other mid/low major teams.

Comment

So the extrapolating only goes one way?

As mentioned the exodus last year was likely related to the off court incident. If that didn’t happen we may not lose anyone.

There’s always a bigger and smaller fish and BU can simultaneously do the poaching (Eg UC San Diego) and get poached. If coaches aren’t doing that they’re not doing it right. Even the lowest of D1 schools can scout D2 and NAIA.
              BRADLEY BASKETBALL
              -2 NCAA Title Games
              -3 NCAA Elite Eights
              -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
              -4 NIT Championships

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
                Noah Carter in the Portal! Wow
                My exact first thought. WOW! But when you're hearing from Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Florida and Missouri it's pretty easy to see why Carter wants to transfer and I think that would be regardless if Green stays or goes. Now he did enter the transfer portal in March 2021 before he decided to come back but it sounds like this time he means it as he posted a goodbye message to Panther Nation on Twitter. Carter feels like if he wants to play at the next level he needs he needs to move on to a Big 5 conference. Can He? He certainly has the body for it so we'll see. My guess is that this didn't shock Ben Jacobson and he probably has his replacement in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjimmy View Post

My exact first thought. WOW! But when you're hearing from Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Florida and Missouri it's pretty easy to see why Carter wants to transfer and I think that would be regardless if Green stays or goes. Now he did enter the transfer portal in March 2021 before he decided to come back but it sounds like this time he means it as he posted a goodbye message to Panther Nation on Twitter. Carter feels like if he wants to play at the next level he needs he needs to move on to a Big 5 conference. Can He? He certainly has the body for it so we'll see. My guess is that this didn't shock Ben Jacobson and he probably has his replacement in mind.
                  He should not be hearing from these schools. That is tampering!!!!My point about this Transfer portal crap. Richer schools tamper. NCAA knows it and does nothing about it

Comment

Originally posted by bigjimmy View Post

My opinion, may be wrong or right, but If Noah Carter wants to play at the next level I think he should stay right where he is. He will be probably putting up 20pts/game in the valley by the time he's done, especially being able to play the post effectively against 90% of valley teams. I don't think that post game he has will transfer that well to bigger schools...I know he can shoot the 3, but he's not much of a ball handler and will need to better at that immediately if he goes to a bigger school.

It seems like even if you put up big numbers at a "small school" you will at least garner a look from NBA and other pro leagues....but if he goes to a bigger school and is just mediocre i'm not sure he doesn't get lost in the crowd.
                    DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post

My opinion, may be wrong or right, but If Noah Carter wants to play at the next level I think he should stay right where he is. He will be probably putting up 20pts/game in the valley by the time he's done, especially being able to play the post effectively against 90% of valley teams. I don't think that post game he has will transfer that well to bigger schools...I know he can shoot the 3, but he's not much of a ball handler and will need to better at that immediately if he goes to a bigger school.

It seems like even if you put up big numbers at a "small school" you will at least garner a look from NBA and other pro leagues....but if he goes to a bigger school and is just mediocre i'm not sure he doesn't get lost in the crowd.
                      I agree. I remember 2 statements made to me thru the years. One is do you want to be a little fish in a big pond or a big fish in a little and if you are good enough the scouts will find you

Comment

Troy's Duke Deen, Sunbelt freshman of the year, states that he has heard from Bradley!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Evansville's Jawaun Newton enters the transfer portal.

Updated list of MVC players in the transfer portal so far-
                            Troy Boynton- Evansville (freshman who redshirted this past season)
                            Keaton Hervey- Missouri State (senior with 1 more season of eligibility)
                            Tyreke Key- Indiana State (5th year senior with 1 more season of eligibility)
                            Emmette Page- Evansville
                            Jayson Kent- Bradley
                            Sekou Dembele- SIU
                            Antonio Reeves- ILSU
                            Alston Andrews- ILSU
                            Demarcus Sharp- MSU
                            Ja'Monta Black- MSU
                            Nick Hittle- INSU
                            Simon Wilbar- INSU
                            Quimari Peterson- INSU
                            Keyondre Young- Valparaiso
                            Sheldon Edwards- Valparaiso
                            Noah Carter- UNI
                            Abdou Ndiaye- ILSU
                            Trey Woodyard- Valparaiso
                            Dearon Tucker- INSU
                            Micah Thomas- INSU
                            Jawaun Newton- Evansville
                            Terry Roberts- Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by Nashville Cat View Post
                              Troy's Duke Deen, Sunbelt freshman of the year, states that he has heard from Bradley!
                              More on Cody "Duke" Deen-

Comment

I guess no one has the heart to post the news!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X