Bradley 2021 commit- Malevy Leons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
    I'd take another Christian Wood. After a nice couple years at UNLV, and he's been in the NBA for 6 years. He's averaging 21.0 ppg and 9.6 rpg for the Houston Rockets this season.
    I've tried thinking of a former MVC player who looked comparable, and the most recent I can think of was Cleanthony Early of Wichita State.
    That may be unfair, since earley had a terrific career in his 2 seasons in the MVC. We can only hope Leons has similar success. Early lead their 2013-14 team to a 34-0 regular season. He was a 1st team All-MVC in 2013 & 2014, and an All-American in 2014.
    Did he take pay cut when he went from Wichita to the NBA?

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

Probably, and he got some quick lessons on shooting and the NY NBA lifestyle - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...nee-strip-club

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        I'd take another Christian Wood. After a nice couple years at UNLV, and he's been in the NBA for 6 years. He's averaging 21.0 ppg and 9.6 rpg for the Houston Rockets this season.
        I've tried thinking of a former MVC player who looked comparable, and the most recent I can think of was Cleanthony Early of Wichita State.
        That may be unfair, since earley had a terrific career in his 2 seasons in the MVC. We can only hope Leons has similar success. Early lead their 2013-14 team to a 34-0 regular season. He was a 1st team All-MVC in 2013 & 2014, and an All-American in 2014.
        I remember Early very well - he was a great one.
        I don't think I've heard of Christian Wood.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post

Oh my BF124!

You gave me a laugh for an entire WEEK!!
          Good one...but maybe it's not all that far off. Hee hee

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post

Oh my BF124!

You gave me a laugh for an entire WEEK!!
            Good one...but maybe it's not all that far off. Hee hee
            Thanks Lol

Comment

Another national award for Bradley's Malevy Leons-
              He was named the David Rowlands Male Student Athlete of the Year by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)-

About the NJCAA David Rowlands Award
              David Rowlands was an active member of the NJCAA from 1972-1988. He was a regional director during that time and from 1975-1988 was the chair of the NJCAA baseball committee. Rowlands, a baseball coach at Truman College (Chicago, IL), served on the NJCAA gymnastics, golf, executive and eligibility committees. Rowlands was the perfect model of hard work, discipline, ethics, and excellence in community college athletics. This award is given annually to the NJCAA Student-Athlete that best exhibits these traits.

Past winners

Comment

Watched Leons receive his Male player of the year award tonight. He did a great job with his speech. Seems like a class act and it was great hearing the Presenter mention he was continuing his playing career at Bradley University.

Comment

Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
                  Watched Leons receive his Male player of the year award tonight. He did a great job with his speech. Seems like a class act and it was great hearing the Presenter mention he was continuing his playing career at Bradley University.
                  Is there a link to a replay ib?
                  The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

This is the link I used to watch it live, there may be a way to replay it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X