Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxime Ekono commits to Bradley

Maxime Ekono commits to Bradley! More to come.,,

Per Maxime Ekono's Twitter, he has committed to the Braves! Received interest from Power 5's. Good sized guard, excited for what may be to come. Nice work by the coaching staff! 8.7.3

Comment

We originally were the first source to post about Maxime Ekono back in December-
      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...434#post495434

Then we posted that Bradley had turned up the recruiting pressure and offered a scholarship in February-
      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...473#post496473

Then the Bradley coaches made him the highest priority in their recruiting for the last couple months. The coaches really like him and his talents. One coach told me "We are very excited about him. Think he has a chance to be very very good"!

Maxime Ekono is a 6'7" guard, primarily a point guard, originally from Nanterre, France. He played this season at Scotland Campus Sports, a prep academy in Pennsylvania.

He had a number of good offers, and was drawing interest from some Power 5 schools recently, "Maryland, West Virginia, Georgetown, Ole Miss, Memphis.... among others".

Comment

That’s exciting. I was just driving thinking how I would like him specifically to commit to Bradley. I hope his ball skills are good enough he can legitimately play point guard. Regardless, I’m confident he will be a starter for many years at Bradley
        Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

Here is one of the few videos I can find of him when he played for a club team in France during the 2019-20 season
          He is #12 in the green uniform for the first 43 seconds of the video, then he's #12 in white for the remainder of the video-
          https://twitter.com/districtbc/statu...54056583491591

Comment

Nice get....Welcome to the Hilltop Maxime!

Comment

Like his style - hopefully he can shoot some from the outside - good slashing abilities.
              Will he be the next AP??

Comment

We could really go big if we wanted to....

PG - Maxime Ekono - 6'7"
                SG - Jayson Kent - 6'7"
                SF - Jashon Henry - 6'6"
                PF - Rienk Mast - 6'9"
                C - Ari Boya - 7'1"

with Darius Hannah - 6'8" coming off the bench
                If you cant go to school go to STATE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUULXFNE0V0

Comment

Another video-
                  Max Ekono is a 6’7 PG from France. Since he’s arrived at Scotland Campus he’s racked up 20+ offers & interest from division 1 programs across the country. He...

Comment

Wow! Great get for the Braves! Welcome Maxime! We are all excited to see you tear it up in Carver!
                    Larry Bird
                    I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Ekono listed as class of 2022? Is that right? So he won’t be here next year?
                      DUBL R 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dubl R 1 View Post
                        Ekono listed as class of 2022? Is that right? So he won’t be here next year?
                        No, there is an expectation that he will reclassify as a 2021 recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

No, there is an expectation that he will reclassify as a 2021 recruit.
                          Excellent!
                          DUBL R 1

Comment

Interesting to note that of the 4 men's recruits so far (Hickman, Howell, Roberts, Ekono), none are from the state of Illinois. And of the 7 women's recruits (Dorsey, Draper, Koenig, Waite, Ziebell, Powell, Morrow) none are from Illinois.

The men's roster will still have 3 Illinois kids next season, Jayson Kent, Connor Linke, and Thomas Hall (all 3 were 2020 recruits). And the women will have 2 Illinois kids, Aannah Interrante and Isis Fitch.
                            Both the men's and women's programs have greatly expanded their recruiting base

Comment

Good looking player, and the big haircut makes him especially easy to identify and keep track of in the highlight videos, which is super handy.
                              He seems to have some experience, and so I feel there's a good chance he will hit the ground running and be good as a first year guy in our league.
                              I'm looking forward to seeing this kid and how well his length and toughness impact the rest of the Valley backcourts.
                              Compete. Defend. Rebound. Win.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X