Collapse

Terry Roberts commits to Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave Eminian says 3 years in the journal star tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
      Dave Eminian says 3 years in the journal star tweet.
      That may be true, but with all due respect, I would not accept that as documentation that he has 3 years.
      He has spent 2 years at Florida Southwestern College. So the "3 years" comment is based on an assumption that the NCAA's recently enacted policy of awarding all competing NCAA players an extra season of eligibility also applies to incoming junior college recruits. But nothing in the NCAA statements actually says that is the case.
      Here is the NCAA's press release-
      https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...udent-athletes

It says, "Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it", the Division I Council decided.

As far as I can find, the NCAA has not addressed whether they will extend this "additional season of competition" to incoming recruits from junior colleges or from non-NCAA colleges. I think they should, and it would be great if they do.
      If anyone can find confirmation about this question regarding juco players, please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

It says, "Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it", the Division I Council decided.

As far as I can find, the NCAA has not addressed whether they will extend this "additional season of competition" to incoming recruits from junior colleges or from non-NCAA colleges. I think they should, and it would be great if they do.
        If anyone can find confirmation about this question regarding juco players, please let us know.
        Hey Coach,

The additional year is a rule in D1, D2, and D3, so I'd be shocked if they decided not to give an additional year to someone who transfers to a different division, though after reading the rule I can't argue that the letter of the law doesn't appear to answer the question. I just think it's extremely unlikely that all college students aren't receiving an extra year of eligibility considering the fact all divisions have extended the same courtesy.

I'm personally not a fan of this rule, but it's there so I hope that BU can take advantage of it. This rule will no doubt have a long term effect on statistical records and as mentioned on the forums by several of the great posters here, this will hurt the incoming freshman and their ability to get playing time for the next few years. On the bright side, I hope we get an extra year of Mast, Henry, Ville, and Ari.
        Larry Bird
        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
          Short memory dc, Dyricus Simms-Edwards averaged 2.5 steals per game in the 2012-2013 season, bumped up slightly to 2.6 in conference play.
          Yes, DSE was the jewel thief that year. It was fun to follow!

Comment

TR doesn’t seem to resemble any recent Braves we’ve seen. Does anyone else think so?
            Some impressive explosive jams I saw that remind me of another Roberts who many of us grew to love.
            His game reminds me a little of Rip Hamilton, the 2-time UConn Nat’l champ and former NBA star.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBrave View Post
              another Roberts who many of us grew to love.
              I'd be down for that. He's one of my favorite Braves of all time. Everything about him was exciting and he did as much to get a crowd going as any player I've ever seen. How many times did we see him with a powerful dunk right after a time out? I think Hannah could have that potential to excite, but I don't know if we'll ever see another athletic freak like Chris Roberts.
              Larry Bird
              I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

I would assume Eminian got the 3 years timeline from the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                  I would assume Eminian got the 3 years timeline from the coaching staff.
                  Yes, they expect he'll have 3 years of eligibility.

Comment

Article from Florida Southwestern College-
                    Florida SouthWestern All-State guard Terry Roberts has made his decision for the next two years of his basketball and academic career as he will be headed to the Midwest to play for Bradley University after signing his National Letter of Intent on Friday to play for the Braves. 

Comment

Video-

Comment

Definitely looks like a great fit and someone who can really light it up and play great defense!

Comment

Reminds me of Jerome Robinson, who was Jordanesque, and who wore #23.
                          Excited about this kid and the other 3 we just got!

Comment

New video of Terry Roberts highlights from this past season-

He has a number of impressive moves that should work well for him at the D1 level- effective dribble-drives, up-and-under moves at the basket to score against bigger players, nice crossover dribbles, fadeaway shots, and step-back moves that get him open shots, not to mention his nice passing and steals.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                              New video of Terry Roberts highlights from this past season-

He has a number of impressive moves that should work well for him at the D1 level- effective dribble-drives, up-and-under moves at the basket to score against bigger players, nice crossover dribbles, fadeaway shots, and step-back moves that gets him open shots, not to mention his nice passing and steals.
                              Yes, nice video compilation. Great slashing ability - not the greatest 3-pt stroke, but if he hits 33% or better, would be fine with that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X