Collapse

Players leaving/returning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois State players Dedric Boyd, Abdou Ndiaye, and Sy Chatman have entered the Transfer Portal, joining Keith Fisher III who had already declared he was leaving.

Comment

College basketball is starting to look like a fantasy football league where every year the players switch teams.

Comment

The glory days of College Men's Basketball are over. One and dones, open transfer portals, NBA 'Kids' League, European Leagues, and, players' endorsements/pay plans are/will be decimating the sport we all once knew and loved.
        BUilding for the Future

Comment

Originally posted by AZ BU Fan View Post
          The glory days of College Men's Basketball are over. One and dones, open transfer portals, NBA 'Kids' League, European Leagues, and, players' endorsements/pay plans are/will be decimating the sport we all once knew and loved.
          I am going to give you another reason. When i was going thru school and played a sport you worked hard at trying to gain a spot or playing time. If you lost your rotation spot you worked twice as hard to get it back. American young kids these days dont want to do that. They are spoiled, pampered. They want instant gratification. If they dont get the playing time they want they leave. I have seen it first hand at the lower level programs. In one program the Co-captain of the team, 6'5", leading scorer from year before quit the team 2 exhibition games into the season. Why? He said he wasn't getting the ball enough. Not the team wasn't getting the ball. He wasn't. What a team player!!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
            Illinois State players Dedric Boyd, Abdou Ndiaye, and Sy Chatman have entered the Transfer Portal, joining Keith Fisher III who had already declared he was leaving.
            Former Illinois State forward Keith Fisher III is transferring to UTEP of the Conference USA-

UTEP was 12-12 this season, and 8-8 in the CUSA. That was the 9th best record in the conference.

Comment

Missouri State forward Jared Ridder is leaving MSU-
              ​​​​​​https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/st...99993788854275

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
                In one program the Co-captain of the team, 6'5", leading scorer from year before quit the team 2 exhibition games into the season. Why? He said he wasn't getting the ball enough. Not the team wasn't getting the ball. He wasn't. What a team player!!
                This is a great example of anecdotal evidence. I caution everyone from individual handpicked scenarios being extrapolated across an entire generation of people.

Comment

Another young MVC player who impressed me this season will be transferring. Valparaiso forward Jacob Ognacevic has entered the transfer portal.
                  The 6'8" freshman forward from Sheboygan, WI, played in 28 games, averaged 6.3 ppg in 12.9 minutes per game. He shot 54.5% overall, and an impressive 51.7% from three.

Complete career NCAAM stats for the Lipscomb Bisons Forward Jacob Ognacevic on ESPN. Includes points, rebounds, and assists.

Comment

Originally posted by algotrader View Post

This is a great example of anecdotal evidence. I caution everyone from individual handpicked scenarios being extrapolated across an entire generation of people.
                    Yep!! Across whole generation of people

Comment

ROFL!
                      Larry Bird
                      I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

After re-reading my comment I wish to clarify it more. I am sure the total population of players are hard working and dont quit. The sample of Transfers are a small percent of the total population. The example was given as a reason why some players in this small population transfer. There are a number of reasons why players transfer but i believe a majority transfer because they want instant gratification and it is trending upwards. I have seen several examples of this behavior. And I point to the transfer list generally 10 years ago there were maybe 10 kids on the transfer list. Now there are pre-covid transfer list hitting around 500. Da Coach could give us better statistics on that.

Comment

I point to the transfer list generally 10 years ago there were maybe 10 kids on the transfer list. Now there are pre-covid transfer list hitting around 500.
                          The NCAA is vastly different today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. They are very friendly to kids transferring out. 10 years ago, Bradley had to fight tooth and nail to get players transferred in and eligible. The scenario has changed in the last 10 years. 500 kids transfer these days because the NCAA makes it incredibly easy compared to past decades.

Had the NCAA been this friendly as it is today 10 years ago, or 20 years ago, or 30 years ago I guarantee you'd have lots of transfers. Its all about money today. And it was about money back in the day. The difference is how blatantly open the NCAA is about it these days. It has nothing to do with "back in my day" or "kids these days".

Comment

Yes! The NCAA has made it easier for the players to transfer

Comment

Another one that surprises me a little.... UNI's Noah Carter has put his name into the Transfer Portal. Carter is a sophomore at UNI, and was a key player for them this past season after playing little his freshman season. He is from Dubuque, Iowa, and he averaged 11.2 ppg and 5.7 rpg this season
                              Stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...23/noah-carter
                              Bio- https://unipanthers.com/sports/mens-...ah-carter/5767

If he does transfer, and players can always pull out of the transfer portal and return to their school, this would be a blow to UNI for next season.

Comment

More Players hoping to make a change- should be a long line for these 2
                                Jeff Borzello
                                @jeffborzello
                                NCAA tournament star and Big Sky Player of the Year Tanner Groves has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Scored 35 points against Kansas in the first round for Eastern Washington. Averaged 17.2 points and 8.0 rebounds this season.
                                Jeff Borzello
                                @jeffborzello
                                Tanner's brother, Jacob Groves, just entered the portal too. Had 23 points and nine rebounds in the loss to Kansas, averaged 9.3 points this season.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X