Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconfigured Ad Widget 7

Collapse

BU commit Connor Hickman, class of 2021.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I obviously don't know his academic or financial situations, but I wonder if it makes any sense for him (if he can) graduate early, and then enroll and redshirt as a walk-on so he can start practicing in January.

Comment

Interesting thought, but I think the guys who may benefit from something like that are the players who move on to the NBA in a year or two. Connor will be unable to play or practice for several months, so the season will be over about the time he could begin practicing at full speed.
      Also, it would start his college eligibility "clock" early, and could take away a year of eligibility if he ever needed to take a redshirt year in the future.

Comment

I have heard some good news from a reliable source. Connor Hickman has recovered exceptionally well from his shoulder surgery, and has been working out on his own the last couple months. As we posted earlier, he did not participate in the 2020-21 season with his Bloomington South HS team.
        He is already nearly fully recovered, and should be 100% by the time he arrives at Bradley.

Comment

A very brief video clip of a recent workout by Connor Hickman (with permission from the Hickman family).
          Note that he had a surgery on his right shoulder in October, and that can sometimes result in loss of range of motion. But it doesn't appear he has any noticeable limitation now. He's made a terrific recovery.
          According to a family member, "Connor has been playing pickup games every now and then with IU players and other college players. Said he’s been holding his own. He’s ready to get going at Bradley and itching to play actual games."

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
            A very brief video clip of a recent workout by Connor Hickman (with permission from the Hickman family).
            Note that he had a surgery on his right shoulder in October, and that can sometimes result in loss of range of motion. But it doesn't appear he has any noticeable limitation now. He's made a terrific recovery.
            According to a family member, "Connor has been playing pickup games every now and then with IU players and other college players. Said he’s been holding his own. He’s ready to get going at Bradley and itching to play actual games."

Looking good!!! Keep up the great work Connor!!! It takes strong individuals to come all the way back from major injuries.

P.s. Can we change the name of this thread? I twice have come on and thought we got a new commitment.

Comment

I think this kid will be a very good player. He has a good work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by bradleyfan124 View Post
                I think this kid will be a very good player. He has a good work ethic.
                I thought the same months ago - I think this kid could be the most solid guy in a BU uni since DB Jr 5.

Comment

Reink Mast?

Comment

Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
                    Reink Mast?
                    I think Rienk will play with a lot more confidence and consistency next season. If you look at the careers of big men who underwent surgical repair of their ACL, most showed significant improvement their second year back from the injury compared to their first year. It takes a long time for athletes to get the confidence to go at 100% when they are recovering after such a serious knee injury, and to get past the thought/fear of re-injury.
                    Btw, Rienk finished the season as Bradley's top 3-point shooter (.359), and his 2-point percentage was also terrific (.606). Pretty good for a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

I think Rienk will play with a lot more confidence and consistency next season. If you look at the careers of big men who underwent surgical repair of their ACL, most showed significant improvement their second year back from the injury compared to their first year. It takes a long time for athletes to get the confidence to go at 100% when they are recovering after such a serious knee injury, and to get past the thought/fear of re-injury.
                      Btw, Rienk finished the season as Bradley's top 3-point shooter (.359), and his 2-point percentage was also terrific (.606). Pretty good for a freshman.
                      I don't have the stats at my fingertips, but I'd imagine he might have led the team in scoring and rebounding over the last 5-10 games of the season which would further back your statement about recovery. I'm expecting even bigger things from Mast next year, and I think he'll go down as an all-time top player at BU before his career is done.
                      The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies... - John Walter Wayland

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X