Collapse

Bradley gets commitment from 2020 recruit Jayson Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been watching the Kent videos today, what stands out the most he is always ready to receive the ball! That is a talent in my book, nothing upsets me more than a nice hard pass for an easy basket not getting caught by the open player, either by bad hands or not looking for the ball! Kent seems to really want the ball and I like it!

Comment

Thanks again to Chris, Brian and the entire coaching staff for making it possible to bring another exceptional prospect into the Bradley basketball family. I’m impressed by the videos, but even more impressed by his family. Welcome Jayson.

Comment

Originally posted by Time Out View Post
        Thanks again to Chris, Brian and the entire coaching staff for making it possible to bring another exceptional prospect into the Bradley basketball family. I’m impressed by the videos, but even more impressed by his family. Welcome Jayson.
        Good point.... in the Dave Reynolds/PJ Star article cited in post #15, Jayson said this about his visits:
        “It felt like home, like a family culture,” he said. “I liked the way Coach (Mike) Bargen and Coach (Brian) Wardle made me feel welcome on the visit. I got to meet the athletic director and the academic advisor. It was a great experience.”

It seems that Jayson and his family were impressed with the entire program, including Chris Reynolds, the coaching staff, and the support staff. Even though Dr. Reynolds and the support staff aren't allowed to officially participate in recruiting, it doesn't hurt to have Bradley's recruits meet such impressive people and know they are deeply involved in the culture and success of the program.

Comment

Welcome to the BU family. Your gonna love it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
            I have watched a lot of videos I could find of Jayson, and if there is a good comparison with a former Bradley player it might be Andrew Warren, one of Bradley's greatest shooters.
            An overly optimistic comp might be Anthony Parker.
            Yeah, I think I'd be ok with either of those! Welcome to the family, Jayson! No doubt this kid will be great. BW has brought in better recruits every year he's been here!
            Larry Bird
            I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Jayson Kent just received notice from Bradley that he'll be awarded the prestigious Bradley Deans Excellence Scholarship
              https://twitter.com/AnnaKen18699548/...07884505612288

I don't know how this works with a full athletic scholarship, but it means he's a pretty smart kid. Congratulations Jayson!

Comment

A recent short highlight video of Jayson Kent from this past season. I hope it wasn't already posted.
                I love his quick release, and his range.

Comment

Brief article in the Chicago Sun Times-
                  BEST RECRUITING STORY: JAYSON KENT TO BRADLEY

Jayson-Kent

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                    A recent short highlight video of Jayson Kent from this past season. I hope it wasn't already posted.
                    I love his quick release, and his range.

Kid's stroke from long range looks sweet. Love that arc!

Comment

Another recent video of Jayson signing his NLI from home with his mom & dad, and younger sister (who is a high-major talent and getting Big Ten interest).
                      The audio and video quality is not ideal (it was captured from a Zoom virtual meeting), but you can get a sense that Jayson has a great family and he is a down-to-earth kid.
                      One of the most powerful, Uplifting emotionally-driven, spiritual signings I’ve ever witnessed. Spent the entire time at Jayson Kent’s (Oak Forest, 2020) Sig...

Comment

Clearly BW and his staff are recruiting high character individuals. Something, as an alum, I appreciate.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X