Bradley in 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley in 2020-21

Here is a good article from Dave Reynolds about next year's Bradley Braves, profiling the 3 rostered players who will get a chance to play next season-
    https://www.pjstar.com/sports/20200317/elijah-childs-sees-something-special-in-store-for-bradley-hoops-next-season

Coach Wardle also talks briefly about the types of players he is recruiting with the open scholarships-
    “We want two guys who can shoot, fit our culture and are tough, competitive guys,” Wardle said. “We’ll need a guard — either a point guard or a combo along with a wing guard or forward who can really shoot the ball. We’ll always take the best fit whether it’s a transfer or a freshman.”

And some comments about scheduling for 2020-21-
    Currently, just two home games are set — returns from Saint Joseph’s and Miami of Ohio. Toledo is the lone contracted road contest. The Braves are also in the field of the eight-team, three-game Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands.
    The 21st pre-Thanksgiving annual Jam is a decidedly mid-major event as Bradley is joined by Buffalo, Cleveland State, Colorado State, Florida International, Long Beach State, St. Bonaventure, and Weber State.

Nice article. I too believe the 2020-2021 season could be very special if we have a healthy team. Hopefully we will be able to recruit another point guard that can help fill the void left by Darrell Brown. Are the current players allowed to work with the coaches and utilize the facilities?

Comment

Because classes are suspended at Bradley, I believe many of the players went home like all the students. Bradley closed the residence facilities, ordered students to go home, extended spring break until March 29, and will offer only online classes after that-
      Bradley University is taking additional measures as part of its COVID-19 response. The university is ordering students living in residential halls to go…

I don't know about the athletic facilities, but I suspect they are closed. Coach Wardle said this in the last PJ Star article-

"Having this next month or two taken away, it will need to be a huge summer. We hope we can get back to normal in the summer and get back to training.”

Comment

I've got to admit, I have enjoyed Dave Reynolds over the last few months. He's writing some good stuff lately and I appreciate it.
        Larry Bird
        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
          I've got to admit, I have enjoyed Dave Reynolds over the last few months. He's writing some good stuff lately and I appreciate it.
          Yes. I've been wondering if somebody is filling in for him, under his byline.

Comment

Bradley under Coach Wardle-

Season....Record....MVC...RPI
            2015-16... 5-27......3-15....306...0-1 in MVC Tournament
            2016-17...13-20.....7-11....220...1-1 in MVC Tournament
            2017-18...20-13......9-9.....105...1-1 in MVC Tournament
            2018-19...20-15......9-9.....155...3-0 in MVC Tournament/MVC Champions/NCAA bid
            2019-20...23-11.....11-7......82...3-0 in MVC Tournament/MVC Champions/NCAA bid
            2020-21 ??????

Comment

Ya know... several people here on this board speculated what kind of players coach Wardle would target with the last two spots. They nailed it, based on this interview with coach Wardle. PG or CG that can shoot and a wing (that can shoot). And always... character guys. Because, after all, we are Bradley.

Comment

Excited for next year with the bittersweet ending to 2019-2020. Never thought I'd say those words after walking out of Enterprise Center a few Sundays ago. Next year could be special but we will need to stay healthy and find some more shooting. It sounds like Wardle and the guys are hot on the trail.

Comment

A good article about the '20-'21 season from the staff at the Bradley Scout-

Comment

Many thanks to the Bradley Scout and Ronan Khalsa for a very good article!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X