X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody go to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Peoria Notre Dame HS dominated the game with a collapsing zone defense and beat St. Charles North 45-22
      Connor Linke had 4 points and 7 rebounds. The St. Charles North guards, who have often benefited from zone defenses and double-teaming of Linke, did not have good games today.
      Peoria Notre Dame dominated this game, even playing without one of their best scorers. It appeared many if not all of the Bradley coaching staff were at the game. It was disappointing that Connor Linke was open multiple times and the guards did not pass the ball too him. This high school game's pace was much slower than college games but Connor appeared to be a pretty mobile defender and had good hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

Peoria Notre Dame dominated this game, even playing without one of their best scorers. It appeared many if not all of the Bradley coaching staff were at the game. It was disappointing that Connor Linke was open multiple times and the guards did not pass the ball too him. This high school game's pace was much slower than college games but Connor appeared to be a pretty mobile defender and had good hands.
        Heh Jim. It was good sitting with you at the game today. Your analysis I think is pretty accurate. I just wanted to add I think Connor will be the type of player that will be better in college than high school because he is playing with better players. Very athletic!!

Comment

St. Charles North wins tonight over rival St. Charles East, 63-52-

Comment

Another dominating game tonight for Connor Linke- 22 points & 18 rebounds in a 66-51 conference win over Batavia to move to 21-7 overall and 12-1 in the DuKane Conference. The win clinched at least a share of the conference title for St. Charles North. They play next on Wednesday.
            https://twitter.com/coachJoe2344/sta...88560360579073

Comment

Highlights of last night's win by St. Charles North (Connor Linke is #34 in the black uniforms)-

Another video that shows a bit more about Connor Linke-

Article-
              https://basketball.dailyherald.com/sports/20200221/st-charles-north-clinches-share-of-dukane-crown

Comment

I'm really excited about this kid, and thinking of what type of lineup we can put out there next year when we have him. Our inside presence with Eli, Ja'Shon, and this kid, along with Ari with another year of maturity. Oh my. That doesn't even take into account the fact that we'll have a healthy Mast, who was supposedly our best recruit coming in this year. Add to that another year under the belt of Kingsby, Ville, and Thomas and the sky's the limit.

Also, we'll finally get to see what Nolan and McAdoo can do. Not wanting to leave out our walk-ons, Houpt and Burger - Houpt can certainly shoot the 3 ball, and Burger's H.S. numbers were pretty impressive, so who knows, BW might find a way to utilize these kids too, and we always appreciate what they most certainly bring to the practices.

These are just fun times to be a Braves fan. Amiright!
                Last edited by Tommy; 02-22-2020, 10:18 AM.
                Larry Bird
                I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Agree Tommy! Next year should be really fun. Very interested to see what mast can do. I love the fact Conner was picking up after the game in that video.Talent
                  + character. If he has a great work ethic... Watch out!

Comment

Don’t also forget about signed recruit Darius Hannah from Milwaukee. He is a 6’9” forward with a really high ceiling. Has a nice shot from outside. Can score inside also and looks to be a good rebounder and shot blocker. Looks like we will be loaded with bigs next year. Future looks bright!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley3342 View Post
                      Don’t also forget about signed recruit Darius Hannah from Milwaukee. He is a 6’9” forward with a really high ceiling. Has a nice shot from outside. Can score inside also and looks to be a good rebounder and shot blocker. Looks like we will be loaded with bigs next year. Future looks bright!
                      Wow, great call Bradley3342. How'd I forget to mention him!
                      Larry Bird
                      I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

And don’t forget Reink Mast who is 6-9 and redshirting this year
                        houstonbrave

Comment

Originally posted by houstonbrave View Post
                          And don’t forget Reink Mast who is 6-9 and redshirting this year
                          I have seen a bit of Rienk Mast's skills in practice (he is not practicing fully yet), and he is very skilled and a smart player. He has put on weight and it is mostly muscle. I thin there is a chance he could start as a freshman, but if not, he'll get significant playing time.

Comment

Regular season highlights: https://youtube.com/watch?v=mXk24FRa4Hc&t=6s

SCN Hoop Fans
                            @ScnFans
                            Congratulations to our very own Connor Linke
                            @TallGuyLinke
                            for being named 2019-2020 DuKane Conference Player of the Year!

Comment

Originally posted by egib52 View Post
                              Regular season highlights: https://youtube.com/watch?v=mXk24FRa4Hc&t=6s

SCN Hoop Fans
                              @ScnFans
                              Congratulations to our very own Connor Linke
                              @TallGuyLinke
                              for being named 2019-2020 DuKane Conference Player of the Year!
                              Thanks for posting. There were a bunch of highlights there I hadn't seen before. I notice Connor has some skills that will really help at the D1 level. For one, I have been following all his games, and I do not believe he has fouled out all season. He doesn't get overly aggressive on defense or slap downward and make contact with the shooter when he blocks a shot.
                              And though he probably won't be quite as much of a shot-blocker in college, he has the awareness to usually try to block shots and gain possession for his team or himself, rather than always slapping the ball out of bounds. He has a quick release under the basket, and appears to be pretty adept with his right hand (he is left-handed) which are essential for a big man to keep from getting his shots blocked. And he doesn't show off or do an endzone-type celebration every time he gets a block or makes a nice play. I guess I am a bit "old school".
                              Connor, along with his teammate guard Luke Scheffers both made their All-Conference team, and I expect Connor to be named All-State as well.

Comment

Very impressive highlight video. It appears he has a good sense of help side defense and a nice touch inside with the ability to hit the outside jumper. Hopefully his game will transition well to college.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X