Bradley gets commitment from 2020 big man Connor Linke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

Thanks for posting. There were a bunch of highlights there I hadn't seen before. I notice Connor has some skills that will really help at the D1 level. For one, I have been following all his games, and I do not believe he has fouled out all season. He doesn't get overly aggressive on defense or slap downward and make contact with the shooter when he blocks a shot.
    And though he probably won't be quite as much of a shot-blocker in college, he has the awareness to usually try to block shots and gain possession for his team or himself, rather than always slapping the ball out of bounds. He has a quick release under the basket, and appears to be pretty adept with his right hand (he is left-handed) which are essential for a big man to keep from getting his shots blocked. And he doesn't show off or do an endzone-type celebration every time he gets a block or makes a nice play. I guess I am a bit "old school".
    Connor, along with his teammate guard Luke Scheffers both made their All-Conference team, and I expect Connor to be named All-State as well.
    It would be great if he became a slightly more athletic Krutwig. Krutwig's touch/shooting prowess within in 12 feet is awesome. Linke might have the element of hitting the occasional three which could keep defenses from sagging off like they do with Koch, Ari, and Henry.

Comment

Connor Linke had a big game last night in the Elgin regional against South Elgin. Linke had 16 points and 11 rebounds.
      They advanced to the regional final against St. Charles East Friday.
      Connor Linke stands tall for St. Charles North in regional semifinal

Highlights- https://twitter.com/ScnFans/status/1235082108537671680

Comment

1 nice pass and then at the end of the highlights 4 good blocks. To be fair.. it looked like he had at least 6 inches on most of the guys he was up against.

Comment

I went to see him play last night. He had a distinct height advantage over everyone on the other team. He was by far the biggest and and most athletic guy on the court. His team faced a 2-3 zone for most of the night and he had 2 to 3 guys draped on him most of the game. His team's offense did not need to rely on him much last night so he did not appear to be super aggressive on offense after the 1st quarter.

The 2 biggest takeways I had were he has good timing on his jumps for blocking or altering shots and he has a very nice free throw form. Went 6 for 6 last night and none of them touched the rim at all.

Comment

Connor Linke and St. Charles North won the Class 4A Elgin Regional tonight 53-45 over crosstown rival and DuKane Conference co-champion St. Charles East.-
            https://twitter.com/jerfitzpatrick/s...17313906192385

Comment

St. Charles North beat Rockton Hononegah HS 56-49 to advance to the 4A McHenry Sectional final Friday against Cary Grove. Connor Linke was hampered with foul trouble, but he still had 12 points to lead St. Charles North, and he dominated the boards on both ends.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
              Working...
              X