X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley gets commitment from 2020 big man Connor Linke

Bradley just got a verbal commitment from 2020 recruit Connor Linke-
    https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...354#post488354

2020 Connor Linke- Left-handed 6'9" senior from St. Charles North High School, St. Charles, IL.

https://twitter.com/TallGuyLinke/sta...75967615950849
    Videos-

2020 Connor Linke 6'9" PF/C (St Charles North HS) Highlights from the Under Armour Finals Atlanta & Prep Hoops Tournament in July 2019

2020 6'9" PF/C Connor Linke (St Charles North HS) played for Fundamental U on the Under Armour Rise Circuit this spring.

Connor also played for the Illinois Wolves. He is the first Illinois Wolves player to commit to Bradley in many years.

Welcome to Bradley big guy!!!

ImageImage

What do fans think about Connor Linke? I just re-watched a couple of his videos (see links in the above post). He looks like he has very good skills for a big man. There are many things to like about him. As always, it is not easy to evaluate anyone based on a highlight video, but he is has quick reflexes, can get off his feet quickly, and gets a lot of blocks in the videos. He has good footwork, and with an old-fashioned pivot move, he gets the ball in the basket underneath while being defended. He also has some impressive offensive moves away from the basket, as well as possessing good moves in the paint. In a few clips, it shows he is adept with his right hand as well as his left (he is left-handed). It looks like he is comfortable taking 3-pointers, as well as mid-range jumpers, and even looks like he can make some shots while on the move.
    Note that one of his other offers was from UC Davis!

I expect Connor to have a great senior season at St. Charles North. It is great to have him "locked up" early, since I believe he will improve and would possibly have gotten higher offers if he waited.

Here are a couple more recent videos-
    2020 Connor Linke 6'9" PF/C (St Charles North HS) Highlights from the Under Armour Finals Atlanta & Prep Hoops Tournament in July 2019

Connor Linke showed off why he is getting college interest with a big year on the Prep Hoops Circuit!

Comment

A couple articles about Connor Linke-
      St. Charles North’s Connor Linke probably figured he would wind up playing somewhere in college, but his emergence on the NCAA Division I scene this summer surprised even him. “To be ho…

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/6/...eady-to-emerge (click to stop loading immediately to avoid paywall)

Older article from 2017-
      Freshman post Connor Linke stands at 6’8” with a 6’10” wingspan.  The 2020 center from St. Charles North has great size and moves very well.  Tremendous upside, but will need to add on strength in his final three years of high school.  Linke has impressed us with his competitiveness in the paint especially on the […]

Recruiting Trivia-
      Bradley currently has only 1 scholarship player from Illinois, Nate Kennell, who will be graduating in 2020. It was starting to look like next season might become the first season in Bradley basketball modern history that the roster did not include any scholarship players from the state of Illinois. But now, unless something unusual happens, with Connor Linke, Bradley's 2020-21 roster will have at least 1 Illinois scholarship player.
      Also significant to note, Bradley has not gotten a commitment from any Chicago area high school player since Donte Thomas committed to Bradley in August of 2014!
      Donte left Bradley after the 2017-18 season, and there have been no Chicago-area players on the roster these last 2 seasons.
      Connor Linke is Coach Wardle's first Chicago area high school commitment. Coach Wardle did have one Chicago area player transfer to Bradley his first season at BU (2015). Alex Foster (Chicago De La Salle & Seton Academy) transferred to BU from Texas Tech in May, 2015, but after sitting out a year, he played just one season at Bradley and then transferred to Albany for his final season.

Comment

Coach...Do we have any stats on Connor Linke? I realize he is a Junior but is there anything on his sophmore year. Thanks.
        Wizard

Comment

Wiz, Connor Linke is a senior, and will be at Bradley next season. He is eligible to sign a National Letter of Intent a week from tomorrow (NLI signing dates Nov. 13-20). I have not been able to find any stats yet, but I found a number of game reports from his junior season. He usually scored in double figures, and almost always lead his team in rebounds and blocks. And although his team had a losing record last season, they got better as the season progressed, and they made it deep into the state playoffs, winning their Regional (St. Charles East Regional) rather easily, thanks to Connor's development and production. I will try to get some stats and post.

This article is from early last season. After 6 games, he was averaging 12 ppg-
          https://www.kcchronicle.com/lists/20...dex.xml?page=1

Comment

This site has highlights of many of Connor Linke's games last year, and gives his stats for games at the end of each of his individual highlight videos. He doesn't look like a big scorer as a junior, but he had a lot of double-doubles.
            Watch Connor Linke's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Bradley University - Bradley Men's Basketball / PF, C / Class of 2024 / Peoria, IL

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard View Post
              Coach...Do we have any stats on Connor Linke? I realize he is a Junior but is there anything on his sophmore year. Thanks.
              Wizard
              Here is a Kane County Chronicle page from February 7, 2019 with stats from the Kane County Chronicle coverage area-
              https://www.kcchronicle.com/lists/20...dex.xml?page=2

After 13 games, Connor Linke was averaging 11.1 points per game and leading the area with an average of 9.6 rebounds per game. It's possible his numbers may have gone up a little bit from there, since he had some very good games in the state tournament.
              REBOUNDSPlayer (School) Total Rebounds, Average.Connor Linke (St. Charles North) 128, 9.6Cody Mitchell (St. Charles East) 206, 8.9Patrick Mayfield (Burlington Central) 137, 7Thomas Surges (Marmion) 123, 4.9Lucas Heflen (St. Charles North) 61, 4.7Jayden Johnson (Batavia) 111, 4.6Kross Garth (Geneva) 109, 4.5Jake Lenschow (Burlington Central) 68, 4.5Quinn Rollins (Marmion) 96, 4.4Marko Yager (Batavia) 99, 4.1Chase Carlson (Kaneland) 89, 4Mitch Mascari (Geneva) 95, 4Will Cushman (Kaneland) 89, 3.9Zack Weber (Batavia) 90, 3.9Mark Musial (St. Charles East) 84, 3.6Aidan Sullivan (St. Charles East) 74, 3.4Jon Reid (Marmion) 80, 3.3Wyatt Peeler (Kaneland) 75, 3.3Nate Ortiz (St. Charles East) 74, 3.2Brett David (Kaneland) 73, 3.2

Comment

Yet another high character, high academic left hander to join the Hilltop. Looking forward to seeing him play in person up here in the suburbs. About time we add some Chicago area guys! This leaves one spot open I believe (for next year).

Comment

Yes, as of now, with the 3 seniors, Bradley has 3 that will open scholarships after is year, and 2 of those are now committed to Darius Hannah and Connor Linke. So, 1 more available for 2020 recruits, unless a player leaves early..
                  In addition to 3 seniors, Bradley has only 2 juniors eligibility-wise (Elijah Childs & Danya Kingsby). So, for 2021, there will only be 2 scholarships available, though things could change by then.
                  Here is how the Scholarship Grid looks now-
                  https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...rid#post486340

Scholarship-grid-10-29-19

Comment

This is a great get imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradleyfan1 View Post
                      This is a great get imo.
                      I agree, he looks pretty solid already and has a great frame. I'm excited to see how he does his senior year.

Comment

Our rebounding and interior play could be really strong if Elijah returns for his senior year. What are the chances he tests the professional waters after this season?

Comment

It will obviously depend on how this year goes, but my bet would be that Eli puts his name in the draft, and then comes back to Bradley for his senior year.
                          Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

This looks like a really good commit. Strong, quick off the floor, long arms, and good form on his jumper. Doesn’t appear overly fast but I like this get for us.
                            Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

Very excited about this verbal, we are guard heavy and the twin 6'9 verbals from Hannah and Linke give me high hope in the paint for the future! Good job coaching staff!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X