Collapse

Bradley gets committment from 2019 Sean Houpt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PJ Star has a responsibility to cover important local sports news. They consistently fail big time at that. Having one of their reporters on vacation is a poor excuse for not having someone at least get this story online or maybe at a minimum, have someone tweet about it. They are continuing to prove Bradley people right about their amateurish failure to cover Bradley sports. Apparently high school girls track deserves wall to wall coverage, but having someone take 5 minutes to report a Bradley basketball recruiting commitment from a Central Illinois kid isn't. And they wonder why nobody reads their rag any more.

If DR is on vacation, I'll cut him slack, though he has tweeted about breaking news while out of town on occasions in the past.
    But there is no excuse for the PJ Star not to report this. Just pick up the phone and give the kid's family (or the BU coach or Sean's coach) a call and get the story. How hard can that be?

Heck, even the volunteer staff at the Bradley Scout student newspaper had the story reported hours ago-

Comment

nothing surprises me any more, this whole week the paper carriers in our neighborhood must have chosen to go on strike...or protest something...
      I don't get the paper but a few others in the neighborhood do and the carriers used to go up the driveway and chuck the papers on the porches
      or they stuck them in boxes on the mailbox post - but now they are just dropping it on the ground at the end of everyone's
      driveway or in the street and in this weather, the paper gets wet.
      Some homeowners don't even bother to pick it up so they have multiple waterlogged newspapers.

Comment

video report from Gordon Voit

Comment

A story on Sean Houpt from Saturday's Champaign News-Gazette has lots of quotes from Sean about why he is happy to be coming to Bradley: http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/p...t-bradley.html
          Yajusneverno!

Comment

great story - I love it when kids really want to be HERE!!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSongwriter View Post
              A story on Sean Houpt from Saturday's Champaign News-Gazette has lots of quotes from Sean about why he is happy to be coming to Bradley: http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/p...t-bradley.html
              Nice coverage from The Champaign newspaper!

Is Dave Reynolds still on vacation? What other excuses could there be for the PJ Star still not even mentioning his commitment to Bradley or the failure of anyone even remotely connected to the PJ Star tweeting or reporting Houpt's commitment? It's been 5 days now.

Maybe they might report about it when he checks into a game next November?

Comment

nearing 10 days since his last column) about the weather, rain and rising river levels - nothing to do with sports)
                ..and 10 days since his last Tweet... but seriously if some guy is on vacation - wouldn't they have someone fill in and do his job?
                And yet there is nothing on Bradley and their newest commits...

if you check the PJS, most sports stories are simply AP wire stories that they print off the newswire...
                ...the few that are local or reference Bradley track or baseball are written by people (like "Matthew Stevens" and "Staff")
                who I have never heard of or anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                  Is Dave Reynolds still on vacation? ...
                  now over a week and still nothing from the PJ Star..

I guess we & the fans will have to cover the beat

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X