Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unconfigured Ad Widget 7

Collapse

Bradley gets commitment from Terry Nolan, Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley gets commitment from Terry Nolan, Jr.

it's official -

Terry Nolan, Jr., transfer from George Washington, was offered and accepted the offer and will transfer to Bradley
    He will likely have to sit out next year and have two years remaining - they might try to get a waiver but time will tell...

Here is our ongoing discussion on Nolan

More information and stats for Terry Nolan, Jr.
    Terry Nolan Jr. (1) Guard - AS A SOPHOMORE AT GW (2018-19): A preseason Atlantic 10 All-Defensive Team selection ... started 20 games and played in 29 ... fi...

Stats-
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...terry-nolan-jr

Comment

Congratulations to Terry Nolan, Jr. and to Bradley's coaches who spent a lot of time scouting and evaluating Nolan, and really wanted him.
      He is originally from Our Lady of Mount Carmel High School in Essex, Maryland where he played point guard. He average 17 ppg his senior season, and was rated as a 3-star recruit had a lot of mid-major offers.
      Terry Nolan is a 6-3, 170-pound Shooting Guard from Essex, MD. He has committed to Chattanooga Mocs.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...terry-nolan-jr

He committed initially to University of Tennessee-Chattanooga in November, 2016, but he asked for and was granted a release from his NLI in April, 2017, when Chattanooga fired the head coach and his staff that had recruited Terry (Matt McCall).
      https://www.prephoops.com/2017/04/re...e-chattanooga/

He then committed to George Washington of the Atlantic-10 Conference, in part because he wanted to be close to his home in the Baltimore area, and also so his family can see him play.
      https://www.prephoops.com/2017/04/te...ge-washington/

In his 2 years at GWU, he has been a consistent scorer, ranking 3rd on the team in ppg this past season and he is capable of scoring in many ways. He shot 35% on threes last season and he lead GWU in scoring 6 times. He is also a strong rebounder for a guard. He averaged 4.6 rpg and lead GWU in rebounding 5 times this past season. He was also the best defender on the team.

He was voted to the 2018-19 preseason All-Defense team in the Atlantic 10 prior to his sophomore year.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...tering-season/

Nolan's decision to transfer was prompted by the firing of his coach there at GWU. Maurice Joseph was fired on March 15, 2019.

He should fit great in Coach Wardle's system, but he will have to sit out next year because of the transfer. He will be eligible in the fall of 2020 and have 2 years of eligibility left.
      His quick commitment to Bradley speaks highly for the respect he has for Bradley and Coach Wardle that he is transferring over 800 miles away from home (note that playing close to home was important to him in selecting George Washington) and that he is willing to sit out a year and to play his final 2 years here for Coach Wardle and the other coaches.
      Welcome to Bradley Terry!

Comment

Great news, welcome to the Hilltop Terry! Elite level defense wins championships!
        BRADLEY BASKETBALL
        -2 NCAA Title Games
        -3 NCAA Elite Eights
        -4 NCAA Sweet 16s
        -4 NIT Championships

Comment

official Bradley announcement so he must have the papers signed!
          The Bradley men's basketball team added transfer Terry Nolan Jr. from George Washington, announced by head coach Brian Wardle on Wednesday.

Comment

Great news! Love the direction this team is heading! Definitely don't think this is a signing we get without the Februrary and March we had!

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
              official Bradley announcement so he must have the papers signed!
              https://bradleybraves.com/news/2019/...asketball.aspx
              For the record, Terry Nolan, Jr. wore #1 both years he was at George Washington.

In the picture accompanying that BradleyBraves.com article, he is pictured wearing #4 (Armon Brummett wore that number this past season). Ari Boya wore #1, and will probably be at Bradley for 3 more years.
              I don't think this necessarily means Nolan will wear #4 since he will not become eligible in 2020-21.

Terry Nolan Jr.

Comment

Great news....should be solid at guard for the next three seasons! Welcome to the hilltop T'NO!

Comment

Terry Nolan, Jr. ranks #36 on Jeff Goodman's list of the top 50 "Sit-out" Transfers-
                  https://watchstadium.com/news/rankin...on-04-22-2019/ (scroll down past the Top Grad-Transfer list)

36) Terry Nolan, 6-2, 180, SG, Soph., George Washington
                  Stats: 10.6 ppg, 4.6 rpg
                  Scout’s take: “Guards multiple positions and rebounds well. Makes catch and shoot 3s. Needs to work on his handle and shot selection.”
                  Schools: Bradley (visited), TCU, Nebraska, UAB

Comment

some quotes from Terry Nolan, Jr. per DR

"Bradley and Peoria made such a strong impression ....
                    "I watched the Celtics game with all the fellas, and it felt like a family atmosphere,"
                    "I also just loved the town. Everywhere I went, people asked me if I was here for Bradley.
                    When we were at dinner, a little kid at dinner came up and asked me for my autograph.
                    The atmosphere was something I couldn"t pass up.
                    "I was looking at setting up some other visits, but Bradley took it away."
                    "I liked how they banged with Michigan State"s bigs, and I liked how Coach Wardle allowed his guards to just play. I liked their style of play."
                    "I saw it as a new beginning," he said. "Coach (Brian) Wardle told me he saw me as a point guard, which is one of the roles I want to play.
                    He said he was willing to develop me in the role in my off year. That was very appealing to hear that Coach sees me where I see myself.
                    I can see myself as a combo guard, but I feel more natural at the point."

"Some days I won"t be able to score, but what else can I bring to the table?" he said.
                    I can defend, rebound, facilitate and run the offense. I can bring a lot to the game."

Nolan will arrive at BU in June for the first summer session.
                    "I want to work on my handle, making the right read and adapting to a new offense," he said.
                    "Also, be more effective in my shot selection...

"And I definitely want to get stronger so I can absorb some of the contact, because I know it's a very physical league."

Comment

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X