Collapse

2020 and Beyond Recruiting Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That description sounds a bit like DJ Carton, who was ranked as high as 31 coming out of high school and is now transferring from Ohio state. He would obviously be a big get, and to be clear, I have no inside information and am just speculating. It’s one of my favorite things to do, think of who might come.
    Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• I am not sure if Bradley has been in contact with Carton, but he has a ton of high-major schools coveting him.

The player I was hinting at is Terrence Lewis, who just left Iowa State. Bradley was very involved recruiting him out of high school-
      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...terrence-lewis

He is from Milwaukee Riverside HS, class of 2017. He knows our coaches, and is a friend of Danya Kingsby, too.
      He had a number of other high-major offers out of high school. ESPN rated him 4-stars-

https://247sports.com/Article/Iowa-S...fer-145192667/
      https://twitter.com/clones_sports/st...87732940136448

He was ranked inside the Top 100 during his senior year in high school, but eventually settled inside the Top 125-
      https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Te...itRankHistory/
      https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...ence-lewis-229

MovementHoops.com - Terrence Lewis is the number one ranked senior in Wisconsin (Milwaukee) and attends Milwaukee Riverside High school. Lewis committed to ...

He has played 3 years at Iowa State, and never became a consistent starter. He was always played out of position as a defensive 2-guard, when he is probably more of a "3" and would be similar to a Donte Thomas in the MVC.
      He is one of three Iowa State players leaving after they went 12-20 this season (Bradley recruited all 3 out of high school).
      He has one more season of eligibility, so his recruiting might depend on whether there are factors that could result in a waiver to play right away.
      Here are his career stats- https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...terrence-lewis
      Bio- https://cyclones.com/sports/mens-bas...ce-lewis/10432

Comment

• That seems like a more reasonable potential commit lol. I looked him up a little, espn had him as high as 61. And the RSCI on basketballreference.com (recruiting services consensus index) had his average rating based off all the services at 93. He would definitely be a solid addition that plays a role we don’t currently have filled on the roster.

Comment

• Da Coach posted earlier the Braves were looking at : 2020 Kellen Tynes- 6'2" point guard from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
          I have heard it is down to the Braves and Salukis-at least right now. But who knows who might still jump in.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerB View Post
            Da Coach posted earlier the Braves were looking at : 2020 Kellen Tynes- 6'2" point guard from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
            I have heard it is down to the Braves and Salukis-at least right now. But who knows who might still jump in.
            Here was the info I posted about Kellen Tynes a few weeks ago-
            https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sports-forums/basketball-fan-talk/485875-2020-and-beyond-recruiting-targets?p=491782#post491782
            From the videos and reports I've seen, he looks impressive. But as always, highlight videos and reports by people who have actually never seen him in person can be deceptive. If it is between SIU and Bradley, SIU can maybe offer more guarantee of immediate playing time. On Bradley's side, there is a team looking to replace their 35 minute/game point guard, a stable coaching staff, a culture of success, and a team that is looking to return to the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

• We only have one pure point guard and some combo guards. Our freshman point guard needs to develop a shot or everyone will only play him for penetrating. Brown was a distributing/scoring point guard. We could use another scoring/distributing point guard. Didn't I see somewhere that SIU had a couple of point guards coming in next year. Maybe that was another MVC school.

I really think we could use another point guard for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                We only have one pure point guard and some combo guards. Our freshman point guard needs to develop a shot or everyone will only play him for penetrating. Brown was a distributing/scoring point guard. We could use another scoring/distributing point guard. Didn't I see somewhere that SIU had a couple of point guards coming in next year. Maybe that was another MVC school.

SIU has 2 point guards who were freshmen (Lance Jones & Trent Brown), and so far appear to be returning next year.
                And their only 2 commitments for 2020 are point guards- Eric Butler & Dalton Banks

So if Bradley really wants Kellen Tynes, that would seem to be a significant selling point.
                However, there may be other PGs they are still involved with, so it's possible we may not be close to anyone committing just yet. .

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                  We only have one pure point guard and some combo guards. Our freshman point guard needs to develop a shot or everyone will only play him for penetrating. Brown was a distributing/scoring point guard. We could use another scoring/distributing point guard. Didn't I see somewhere that SIU had a couple of point guards coming in next year. Maybe that was another MVC school.

Aren't Thomas and McAdoo both pure point guards, and Nolan can play some point, as well, right?

Either way, I get your point. I'd still like to see them find another one as I don't know much about McAdoo and Nolan right now (though I think at least one of them is going to pleasantly surprise us when (if?) the year gets going).
                  Larry Bird
                  I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• McAdoo is more of a combo guard, and not really the pure point guard like Coach Wardle likes. But he is competent at PG.
                    In his sophomore season at Eastern Michigan he averaged 1.5 assists per game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                      Another 2020 recruit-
                      2020 Jayson Kent- 6'5" shooting guard from Oak Forest HS in Oak Forest, IL.

Videos-
                      video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialFomPRh5M
                      As we noted elsewhere, Jayson Kent just committed to Bradley this morning-
                      https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...it-jayson-kent

That leaves one open scholarship, and, as of now, it doesn't look like any others will become available. Of course, that could still change.

But here is more good news.....Bradley is ready to close out their 2020 recruiting, and that means they are very close to landing one more outstanding recruit.
                      Look for the news to come in the next "day or so", if it happens. It will fulfill Coach Wardle's wish list of a wing and a point guard who are both scorers.

Comment

• Based on his highlight video (below), I would love to see Bradley lock up Vashon's Phil Russell as the last recruit. He is super quick, drives to the basket well (and finishes), and can shoot. Very impressive... and that Vashon team is like an all-star team! They are fun to watch.

Vashon point guard Phil Russell junior year highlights. Phil had a successful junior year season with vashon as he secured a state championship and is gettin...

Comment

SIU has 2 point guards who were freshmen (Lance Jones & Trent Brown), and so far appear to be returning next year.
                          And their only 2 commitments for 2020 are point guards- Eric Butler & Dalton Banks

So if Bradley really wants Kellen Tynes, that would seem to be a significant selling point.
                          However, there may be other PGs they are still involved with, so it's possible we may not be close to anyone committing just yet. .
                          The pending offer to Sean East was what I was referring to. Bradley was keeping other point guards on hold until they could get an answer from a couple guys, who they had higher on their list.

Comment

But here is more good news.....Bradley is ready to close out their 2020 recruiting, and that means they are very close to landing one more outstanding recruit.
                            Look for the news to come in the next "day or so", if it happens. It will fulfill Coach Wardle's wish list of a wing and a point guard who are both scorers.
                            It looks like it didn't even take a day.
                            Again, our sources are pretty good!

Comment

• With the two openings filled today, it makes me wonder if any of our players are considering transferring that would create new holes. There aren’t any players I’d want to leave at all, but it’s a reality of 21st century college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
                                With the two openings filled today, it makes me wonder if any of our players are considering transferring that would create new holes. There aren’t any players I’d want to leave at all, but it’s a reality of 21st century college basketball.
                                I actually think the depth and quality on next year's team will be the best we've had in many years. Perhaps it will be a possibility that some player(s) will not be happy with playing time. That is always a possibility when a team has a lot of depth. Especially if players are playing behind other guys who are in the same class or younger.
                                So I'd agree that there will be a possibility of someone leaving over the next couple years. I don't want to see that either, but we know it sometimes happens.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X