Collapse

2020 and Beyond Recruiting Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those with ESPN+ the Hamilton and Westtown game is under the prep section. Westtown won the game. Drew and Garcia both play. I not sure Garcia played much in the first half but he played all or most of the second half. Hamilton's sophomore center didn't score much but he blocked a lot of shots. I believe the announcer said 8. I will reserve comment on the players of interest play during the game.

Comment

Here is one more 2020 Bradley recruit-
      2020 Terell Strickland- 6'2" point guard now playing at Scotland Campus Sports in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. He graduated from St. Petersburg HS, in St. Petersburg, FL in 2019, and is in a post-grad year at Scotland Campus Sports.
      He is an excellent ball handler who can shoot it. He is on a team loaded with D1 recruits, but he has still managed to put up multiple 20 point games this season. He is the son of former DePaul player Rod Strickland, and he has a brother Tai who is a sophomore on the Temple University team after transferring there from Wisconsin.
      http://www.zachsmart.com/2019/12/str...f-bristol.html
      https://www.pressreader.com/usa/tamp...82218011929801

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0dcxArVFo

Comment

Da Coach you do not get enough credit for your up dates.

Comment

Thanks!! I am glad someone reads about all these recruits.
          In case anyone wonders, we don't just post random names here. Every name is a recruit that we have confirmed Bradley has been in recruiting contact with.
          Our coaches work harder than anyone to find and reach out to quality recruits. They are excited about the 2 recruits we have signed for 2020, and with 2 open scholarships, I'm sure we will get a couple more talented players.

Comment

The staff has done an amazing job finding under the radar players. I am concerned, though, that we are adding more players to the list because we are striking out with the others.

Comment

"DC, you know that many of us follow the recruiting closely. I can count up over 80 names I have seen mentioned for 2020 on here. However, I am also concerned that we are missing out on many players.

Comment

Almost every coach misses out on many more players than he signs. If he doesn't, it means he is settling for recruits that most others don't want.
                What I see is the quality and athleticism of the recruits each year (especially this year) keeps getting better. If a coach goes after better recruits, it's inevitable that he will miss on more. But I am confident we'll end up with commitments from players who will continue advancing the Bradley program.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                  "DC, you know that many of us follow the recruiting closely. I can count up over 80 names I have seen mentioned for 2020 on here. However, I am also concerned that we are missing out on many players.
                  Very true. But you can't deny that since Wardle has come to town, our recruiting classes have gotten better every year, and who can recruit international talent any better than BW? I'd venture to guess no one!

I actually asked him how he recruited so well internationally at the spaghetti dinner last year and he refused to take any credit. He told me once you get one or two international players, they recruit themselves. I imagine he's being rather humble! Who doesn't love BW and Chris Reynolds? We are very fortunate to have them both and I hope they are both compensated well and retained for decades to come.
                  Larry Bird
                  I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

I have been wondering if we would get an international recruit this year. I know some of the players mentioned by DC are currently international recruits or international have backgrounds. I’m too lazy to look it up but have we had an international recruit every year?

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                      I'm too lazy to look it up but have we had an international recruit every year?
                      HAHA! Love the honestly, LTF!

Larry Bird
                      I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
                        I have been wondering if we would get an international recruit this year. I know some of the players mentioned by DC are currently international recruits or international have backgrounds. I'm too lazy to look it up but have we had an international recruit every year?
                        No, we did not have any international recruit commit in the 2017 class, and there are no international commitments so far in the 2020 class.
                        And yes, we have listed a number of international players that Bradley is recruiting for the class of 2020.

Here are all the recruits under Brian Wardle. The international recruits are in red:
                        2015- Joel Okafor, Luuk van Bree, Dwayne Lautier-Ogunleye, Callum Barker, Antoine Pittman, Scottie James, Davante Cooper, Ronnie Suggs, Alex Foster (transfer), Peter Hanley (walkon), D'Angelo McBride (walkon)

2016- Jayden Hodgson, Koch Bar, Darrell Brown Jr, Nate Kennell, Jerome Merritt, Jojo McGlaston, Lou Griffith (walkon)

2017- Elijah Childs, Ryan Stipanovich, Luqman Lundy

2018- Ari Boya, Ja'Shon Henry, Armon Brummett, Chudier Bile
                        (enrolled for summer school but left Bradley shortly after)

2019- Ville Tahvanainen, Rienk Mast, Antonio Thomas, Danya Kingsby, Terry Nolan Jr., Kevin McAdoo, Stephan Gabriel, Sean Houpt (walkon), Riley Burger (walkon), JaMir Price (enrolled for summer school but left Bradley shortly after)

2020- Darius Hannah, Connor Linke

Comment

• "HAHA! Love the honestly, LTF! "
                          I was in the doctor's office working on the phone and I am the old man on the board and not that handy with that thing.

Comment

• I forgot about Chudier Bile. Just looked him up and he looks to be doing well at Northwestern St. 13.2 ppg, 7.5 rpg

Comment

• Another 2020 recruit-
                              2020 Jayson Kent- 6'5" shooting guard from Oak Forest HS in Oak Forest, IL.

Videos-
                              video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Nextlevel24's 17u #25 Jayson Kent C/O 2020 highlights vs Mac Irvin Fire eybl.

Bradley also following his sophomore teammate 2022 Robbie Avila, a 6'6" wing (see below).

2021 Emarion Ellis- 6'5" point guard from Davenport Central HS, Davenport, Iowa.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/05/pr...on-ellis-2021/
                              https://twitter.com/QCHooplife/statu...34324130123776

Video-
                              Two teams looking for a big time win go head to head in a constant back and forth battle. Junior Emarion Ellis showed he’s capable of playing at the next lev...

2022 recruit Robbie Avila-
                              https://twitter.com/CN100Sports/stat...68447311208449

Comment

• Kent can really shoot it with a nice stroke. Knock on him has been lack of strength on his frame. He has been working hard on being more aggressive with driving to the basket this year, rebounding and defending but profiles as a catch and shoot or dribble to set up his mid-range game player. Avila profiles as a very good college player. He is a true 6'8" and listed in some places as 6'9". Rated as a top-ten sophomore in the state of IL. Bradley would be crazy not to be all over this kid. AJ Casey (top Sophomore in IL) of Tinley Park and formerly of Simeon attended the same Arbor Park Jr. High with Robbie Avila and they have played together on the Meanstreets AAU circuit for years. Robbie got the best of AJ last night as the Oak Forest team is much better than Tinley. Oak Forest is now 20-1 on the season and ranked #18 in the Chicago Sun-Times and are very well coached. They will have to get past Hillcrest and Morgan Park to advance in their sectional. Robbie has outstanding fundamentals and is fun to watch. Great footwork. Very high basketball IQ. Great inside and outside game. He is not flashy and cannot jump out of the gym like Casey but Avila is a better basketball player. Avila is shooting about 70% from the floor on the year and shoots at a high % for FT and 3's as well. Great vision and good passer. Both are good kids as well. On a side note, Kent's sister, Janae is quite a talent. She is a freshman on the Oak Forest HS varsity and put up 30 points and 10 boards in their first game of the season...as a freshman. I will be at the game tonight as well as Oak Forest plays Lincoln Way East HS at the LW West Showdown.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X