Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome new Bradley Brave Danya Kingsby

we've been talking about Danya Kingsby - transfer from LSU
    but today he made it official and will be Brave!
    https://twitter.com/D_Kingsby2/statu...60460313878528

Originally from Milwaukee - I believe he's related to someone on our staff...

numbers last year at College of Southern Idaho (junior college) - 13.3 ppg, 38.2% 3-pt shooting, 3.6 rpg, 3.7 apg

He appears he may need to sit out a year as he is transferring from LSU, where he did not play play season, unless he gets some special consideration from the NCAA.

Comment

he spent 2 years at College of Southern Idaho
      2016-17 - 11.4 ppg, 41.7% 3-pt shooting, 3.0 rpg, 3.7 apg
      2017-18 - 13.3 ppg, 38.2% 3-pt shooting, 3.6 rpg, 3.7 apg
      then spent 2018-19 at LSU but never played.

It is being said he has two years left and will be eligible in fall of 2019 - he must have gained a waiver to avoid having to sit out a year upon transfer

Comment

I know I read he didn’t play in part due to an injury. Could be a medical waiver.
        Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

a medical waiver is used to get an extra year if you have a season ending injury - but he never played even a minute last year so he wouldn't need a medical waiver to restore that year's eligibility. But if you transfer and have immediate eligibility you need to either be a grad student (maybe he is but he's only been in college 3 years) or you need a separate waiver like Tulio Da Silva got to be immediately eligible.

We will learn more details once he has signed paperwork thru Bradley then the school can officially talk about him.

Comment

Note that Bradleyfans was the first to report Bradley coaches recruiting interest in Danya Kingsby as far back as April 17, 2015-
            https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...-danya-kingsby

At that time, Coach Wardle offered him out of high school in Milwaukee. He went to College of Southern Idaho where he played 2 season and lead CSI to the Junior College National Championship game. He then signed with LSU, but due to a medical issue that was never clearly identified, he never played at LSU.
            Bradley may have even been in touch with him a year ago when he was a standout juco player, before he eventually committed to LSU.
            But we were also the first to confirm that Bradley was recruiting him again when he decided to leave LSU
            https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...targets/page16

Comment

yeah- I think our coaching staff has been aware of and has been pursuing Kingsby since even before they got here to Bradley...
              Wardle & his assistants had been on him since they were all up in Wisconsin together...
              But Kingsby aimed much higher - first committing to Pitt then LSU out of juco - but finally he found the right fit. He'd be the guy to take over the production of DLO if he's fully healthy and ready to go.

Comment

Kingsby finished high school in 2015 but spent part of one season at Arlington Country Day in 2015-16 -
                the exact same season that Koch Bar and Jayden Hodgson were at ACD
                SportsEngine HQ supports the admins, coaches, and volunteers who make play happen with a full roster of tools designed to save time and grow participation—on one complete platform.

https://twitter.com/prepcircuit/stat...29041558253569
                https://basketball.realgm.com/highsc...try-Day-School

At Milwaukee Hamilton HS in 2013-14 he teamed with future NBAer Kevon Looney
                http://midwestballers.com/ - Highlights of UCLA bound Kevon Looney and 2016 PG Danya Kingsby leading Milwaukee Hamilton to a 72 - 44 win over Milwaukee Washi...

Comment

David Thirdkill came from Southern Idaho.

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                    yeah- I think our coaching staff has been aware of and has been pursuing Kingsby since even before they got here to Bradley...
                    Wardle & his assistants had been on him since they were all up in Wisconsin together...
                    But Kingsby aimed much higher - first committing to Pitt then LSU out of juco - but finally he found the right fit. He'd be the guy to take over the production of DLO if he's fully healthy and ready to go.
                    I think health was a huge issue at LSU. Our staff must know he'd be cleared. Hopefully

Comment

Has Danya Kingsby participated in LSU team activities since he announced his transfer on New Year's Day?

Comment

The ambiguity about his injury makes me think it wasn’t real and they were just trying to save his eligibility while they worked on bulking him up. Maybe he just wanted to play basketball now.

I’m probably wrong.
                        Larry Bird
                        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

Wow....nice get for the Braves, many questions but right now it very good news!

Comment

disappointed that the newspaper article didn't get much of an interview with Kingsby or his family or tell more about his background and connection to our coaching staff....
                            ....and it contained a lot of erroneous stuff - like the stats and dates and it mentioned that Stephan Gabriel is still playing at Veritas Prep when we know he left there a couple months ago.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X