• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rienk Mast Commits to Bradley

!!

just now being reported by ESPN
    https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/sta...72125298671617

"His long-cherished wish to join a college in the United States will be fulfilled from next season.
    Rienk Mast is going to Bradley University from next summer to study there and continue to develop as a basketball player.."

(may need to translate)

As was mentioned elsewhere, Bradley had a 2019 recruit visiting campus this weekend, and who was at the EIU game Saturday night. His name is Rienk Mast.
    He is a 17 year old, 6'9" forward from the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. Here is a picture of him. He was sitting a couple rows in front of me with an older man and woman (parents?)-

Here is more about Rienk Mast-
    Stats from the 2018 European Championships-
    http://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u1...yer/Rienk-Mast

Here is an interview from earlier this year. He states his interest in going to college in the US next year-
    Rienk Mast is a 16-year old talent player that is playing for Donar Groningen. Though scouts already know where to find him, he has decided to finish his high school in the Netherlands, before taking the next step in his basketball career to go abroad. 1. At what age did you start playing basketball? I…

A couple highlight videos. The first one of him playing for the Dutch national team in the 2018 European Championships, #13-

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Interview from summer, 2017 when he played with the Dutch junior team. He speaks English quite well.-
    Full uncut Interview of Rienk Mast from the 2017 U16 European Championship Division B in Sofia, Bulgaria via Matt McGann.Subscribe to DraftExpress here http:...

Maybe we'll hear some good news shortly.

Comment

• LongTimeFan
      LongTimeFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, I didn't realize 27% was a high percentage. I also did not have access to any numbers that were not provided in the original posting of his stats. I have problems seeing potential recruits compared to current players.

Of course as always I will defer to the coaching staff's decisions.

• Da Coach
      Da Coach commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by LongTimeFan View Post
      Sorry, I didn't realize 27% was a high percentage
      It's not, it's rather poor. My point is there aren't many big men who shoot a high percentage. At this point, Luuk is the only MVC player 6'9" or taller who is better than 26%.
      I wouldn't judge Rienk Mast's potential on that stat. If we are hoping for a 6'9" kid who is going to shoot 40%, we could be waiting a long time.

• ihatetea
      ihatetea commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Da Coach View Post

It's not. My point is there aren't many big men who shoot a high percentage. At this point, Luuk is the only MVC player 6'9" or taller who is better than 26%.
      I wouldn't judge Rienk Mast's potential on that stat.
      Especially when you have other sample sets that align with each other showing he’s better than that one 27% stretch.

https://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Basketball...-24091079.html

Translated-
    https://translate.google.com/transla...-24091079.html

original BradleyFans.com Rienk Mast topic with more information about him-
    As was mentioned elsewhere, Bradley had a 2019 recruit visiting campus this weekend, and who was at the EIU game Saturday night. His name is Rienk Mast. He is a 17 year old, 6'9" forward from the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. Here is a picture of him. He was sitting a couple rows in front of me with an older man

Comment

will be eligible to sign in the spring - April 17 - May 15, 2019

Comment

Rienk Mast - birthdate July 19, 2001 - is not yet 18 - lots of room to develop!
        He has been playing in the top pro Dutch league since age 16.

another Dutch article - https://www.oogtv.nl/2019/01/donar-s...-naar-amerika/

and another - https://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Basketball...o%2FiUD9KG1hJT

Autotranslated:

17-year-old basketball player Rienk Mast will trade Donar for an adventure in the United States after this season.
        He goes to Bradley University Peoria, Illinois this summer to study and play basketball.

With this transition Mast fulfills his long-cherished wish to play at a college in the United States.
        He hopes to develop further as a basketball player.

Debut as 16-year-old
        Mast played at age 16 for the first time in Donar's selection in the 2017-2018 season. In the current season,
        he fully participates in the main force of the Groningers.

Playtime
        Mast has been wanting to study and play basketball since the age of eight. From a list of different lectures,
        he chose Bradley University because of the coaching staff present. He gets immediate playing time here and
        the possibility to play for the Dutch Team in the summer periods.

Comment

GOOD LORD!.....This kid looks young. Is he still growing? We need tough-Hard Nosed guys. I hope this schollie works out but recruiting young high school players is not going to help us build the program.
          Wiz

Comment

I agree Wiz,why can't this staff recruit any bad ass players that can compete in the MVC.Also,why all these international players,can't they find any good players in the US?

Comment

Good...I hope it works out for both the player ans the Braves.

Comment

Childs and Boya are both Badasses season after next. IMO. I like the foreign players so far.

Comment

I really wish we would recruit fundamentally sound players from the state of IL. I don’t understand the draw to recruit international players. Does our coaching staff think they’’re out foxing other coaches by going overseas? It hasn’’t worked yet. I would rather see us recruit Illinois kids and have BU be the pride of IL when it comes to men’s basketball.
                  Last edited by Vent; 01-22-2019, 10:32 AM.

Comment

It would be good for Bradley to have at least 2 players from the Chicago area. It would give some attention to the media in Chicago that Bradley even exists. Right now, it is Loyola and University of Northern Iowa that receive attention on the Comcast Network.

Comment

Originally posted by molar50 View Post
                      It would be good for Bradley to have at least 2 players from the Chicago area. It would give some attention to the media in Chicago that Bradley even exists. Right now, it is Loyola and University of Northern Iowa that receive attention on the Comcast Network.
                      You can throw a rock in the state of IL and hit players as good as what we are getting from all over the globe. Does our coaching staff not have contacts with high school coaches in the state? I think that should be the foundation of our recruiting.

Comment

Our coaches are trying but it's not like the kids in Chitown are lined up all the way to Joliet to play downstate...
                        but - one site has Mast ranked as the 26th best international amateur player in the world (outside the US) - I think this is a good get -

video interview of Rienk talking about his Bradley commitment
                        (he says he is happy and talks about his visit - he liked the coaches, is anxious to play for a good team in a great conference)
                        He also mentions talking with a Dutch player on Bradley's roster as well as a player named Jordy Kuiper - a UNCG grad playing professionally in Groningen.
                        https://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Niemand-br...o%2FD8XnS5XdtR
                        https://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/20396...bijna-een-must

Comment

Mast is just the type of player that the majority of us here on BradleyFans said a few months ago that we needed with the final 2019 scholarship- a big wing forward who could score from inside and out. Like most European big men, he will need time to adjust to Division I, and get stronger, and he won't step right in and be a star. Maybe the best Euro big man to play in the MVC was Egidijus Mockevicius of Evansville. He only averaged 5,8 ppg and 5.0 rpg his first season, but then went on to lead the MVC in rebounding the next 3 years. He was 1st team All MVC his junior and senior years and lead the nation in rebounding with 14 rpg.
                          I am not predicting that Rienk Mast can be another Mockevicius. But I like his upside, and he will give Bradley another skilled forward who can score along with Elijah Childs.

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                            Our coaches are trying but it's not like the kids in Chitown are lined up all the way to Joliet to play downstate...
                            but - one site has Mast ranked as the 26th best international amateur player in the world (outside the US) - I think this is a good get -

video interview of Rienk talking about his Bradley commitment
                            (he says he is happy and talks about his visit - he liked the coaches, is anxious to play for a good team in a great conference)
                            He also mentions talking with a Dutch player on Bradley's roster as well as a player named Jordy Kuiper - a UNCG grad playing professionally in Groningen.
                            https://www.dvhn.nl/sport/Niemand-br...o%2FD8XnS5XdtR
                            https://www.rtvnoord.nl/nieuws/20396...bijna-een-must
                            I am sure our coaches are trying. We also have a head coach that is from the suburbs of Chicago. I am also sure, after four years of recruiting, we haven’t made much of a dent in the Chicagoland or downstate market of Illinois high school players that have made a difference in our program.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X