Collapse

Chudier Bile leaves Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking news on Chudier Bile - has transferred to NORTHWESTERN STATE (NW Louisiana State) https://nsudemons.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5208
    Division I, Southland Conference, 4-25 last year and 1-17 in the Southland

and Romon Douglas-Watkins is in the news - probably won't be playing anywhere this season

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
      Breaking news on Chudier Bile - has transferred to NORTHWESTERN STATE (NW Louisiana State) ....
      We had the news even before the people at Northwestern State did - here's an announcement

Comment

The Northwestern State announcement indicates he will play this year. I thought he had enrolled at Bradley over the summer-wouldn't that mean he is a transfer and has to sit out a year ?
        houstonbrave

Comment

he enrolled only for summer class - but for it to be a transfer from Bradley - he'd have to enroll full time for fall classes...then he'd have to sit out...
          He will be eligible this year at Northwestern State

Comment

Reason Bile Left

I think we had speculated that perhaps Bile transferred because he got wind of the work and discipline required to be a Bradley basketball player?

Is this right? Do we know anything more now about why he transferred so quickly? Maybe I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by pfcmsh View Post
              I think we had speculated that perhaps Bile transferred because he got wind of the work and discipline required to be a Bradley basketball player?

Is this right? Do we know anything more now about why he transferred so quickly? Maybe I missed something?
              That has only been one speculation, and never confirmed. We will probably never know the real reason(s). Homesickness doesn't seem like a logical explanation now, since Natchitoches, Louisiana is farther from his home in Denver than Peoria is.

I am glad to see he landed somewhere that he will get a chance to play a significant role.

Northwestern State was one of the worst teams in the NCAA last season. They were just 2-23 against Division I opponents, and just 2-2 against non-D1 opponents (they lost to Division 3 LeTourneau University and lost to NAIA LSU-Shreveport University). They were 1-17 and dead last in the weak Southland Conference ranked 29th out of 32 D1 conferences), and only 1 of their top 4 scorers returns this season.
              From their roster page, it appears they have at least 7 new players on their roster for 2018-19 (3 freshmen and 4 junior transfers)-

Originally posted by tornado View Post
              We had the news even before the people at Northwestern State did - here's an announcement
              https://twitter.com/NSUDemonsFans/st...96271752257553
              That tweet appears to be from a Northwestern State fan's twitter feed, and says:
              Demons Men’s Hoop added Chudier Bile (@ChudiB_4) he’ll play this season. 6-7 Foward had originally signed with Bradley in July before landing in Natchitoches

Other than misspelling the word "forward", they claim he signed with Bradley in July. That is not true. He signed April 17, 2018. It was announced that he was leaving Bradley on July 9, 2018.

Bile is now listed on the Northwestern State roster page-
              Chudier Bile (4) Forward - 2019-20 Season (Redshirt Junior): Second-Team All-Southland Conference member who started 23 games and appeared in 28 … led team with

Comment

using internet search devices & the Wayback, it is apparent that they just added Bile's name to the roster within the past week - with no announcement, or fanfare and no release.
                The site linked (NSUDemons) is the first person or source to mention it in all of cyberspace or print media or references - EXCEPT my post from earlier this morning - so likely most Northwestern State Demons fans still do not know.

Comment

They averaged 1,180 fans per game last season (down from 1,455 in 2016-17). Apparently, most don't care.

Comment

Thanks Da Coach and tornado!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X