Collapse

2019 Valley Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and my comment above "possibly Antwan Kimmons" for UNI was based on whether he had previously signed one

there are reports that he did but received a "release" - however - according to NLI rules, he is UNABLE to sign another one..

Question: If I sign an NLI (National Letter of Intent) and get a complete release can I sign another NLI in the same signing year?

Answer: No. NLI policy states a prospective student-athlete is only permitted to sign one valid NLI in an academic year.
    Therefore, if you sign an NLI during the early period and get a complete release by the institution or one of the NLI committees
    before the spring signing period ends, you are not permitted to sign a second NLI in the spring. You must wait until the next
    academic year to sign another NLI if you have not enrolled already at a four-year institution..

Comment

Loyola lands a 2019 6'1" point guard (2019 recruit), Keith Clemons from Vincennes Junior College.
      Vincennes was the 2018-19 champion of NJCAA Division I.

It does not appear he had any other D1 offers according to VerbalCommits.com, but his numbers are good-

Here are Keith Clemons stats from 2018-19-
      http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19...ithclemonsykjw

Comment

Hopefully we will hear something soon about our last open scholarship - here's the update of what the MVC has coming in next year...

Bradley - Stephan Gabriel, Antonio Thomas, Ville Tahvanainen, possibly JaMir Price, Rienk Mast, Danya Kingsby- transfer, will not sign LOI (1 open scholarship now that Hodgson and Pittman are transferring)
        Drake - Roman Penn - transfer eligible in 2019, Issa Samake, Joseph Yesufu, Nate Ferguson, Luke Vaske- walk-on, redshirting this year, Jonah Jackson,
        Brady Ernst (1 open scholarship now that Matt Gray transferring)
        Evansville - Artur Labinowcz - transfer, eligible in 2019, Sam Cunliffe - transfer eligible in 2019, DeAndre Williams- freshman redshirting 2018-19, Marcus Henderson, Peace Ilegomah - eligible mid-year 2019-20 (2 open scholarship)
        ISU - DJ Horne, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Keith Fisher - all three ineligible until fall of 2019, also Abdou Ndiaye will be ineligible until 2019 (still have 4 scholarships now that Chastain is placed on scholarship)
        Indiana State - Cobie Barnes, Jared Hankins, Tre Williams, Cameron Bacote (transfer will be eligible in 2019), Christopher Agbo, Jake LaRavia (zero scholarships open - Hughes & Huenermann leaving)
        Loyola - Tate Hall (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020), Paxson Wojcik, Tom Welch, Marquise Kennedy, Keith Clemons, Jalon Pipkins (zero open scholarships, Bujdoso transferred)
        Missouri State - Tyem Freeman, Jamonta Black, Dajuan Harris, Gaige Prim, Tyrik Dixon - transfer, eligible 2019, Isaiah Mosley, Spencer Brown- walk-on, Lamont West-transfer, [url=https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sports-forums/basketball-fan-talk/28126-2019-valley-recruits?p=485706#post485706]Anthony Masinton-Bonner, transfer
        (appear to be oversigned by 1 or 2 now that both Wojciks leaving)
        UNI - James Betz, Noah Carter, Cole Henry, Logan Wolf (walk-on for basketball & scholarship for football), Evan Gauger, Derek Krogman- walk-on, Antwan Kimmons
        (zero open scholarships- now that Croft is gone)
        SIU - Avery Taggart (will also walk on for football), Lance Jones, Chris Payton (3 or 4 open scholarships - but rumor that Payton may not be eligible)
        Valparaiso - Eron Gordon and Nick Robinson - both transfers eligible in 2019, Donovan Clay, Sigurd Lorange
        , Emil Freese-Vilien, Ben Krikke (should have 1-2 open scholarships with Evelyn, Freeman, Golder, Sorolla & Smits transferring)

Bradley - JaMir Price- if he does a year at Prep School (currently 5 open scholarships - we lose Brown, Hodgson, Kennell, Pittman, Bar)
        UNI - Tytan Anderson (4 open scholarships)
        Last edited by tornado; 04-17-2019, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Missouri State reportedly has landed a grad transfer. Anthony Masinton-Bonner, a 6'3" shooting guard/grad transfer from Colorado State who averaged 11.2 ppg and shot 41.0% from 3 this past season has reportedly verbally committed to MSU. He started about half of CSU's games.
          Anthony Masinton-Bonner (15) Guard - 2018-19 (REDSHIRT JUNIOR): Started in 16 of 25 games played, missing seven due to injury… Averaged 11.2 points (third on...

Comment

where are they getting all these scholarships?

Comment

Evan Taylor who just decommitted from SIU - now re-commits to Lehigh
              Lehigh finished 3rd in the Patriot league which is way weaker than the MVC - so this does not appear to even be a lateral move - especially
              when SIU was losing so many starters and key players that Taylor could have expected a lot of playing time available at SIU.

and the transfer to Missouri State, Anthony Masinton-Bonner - that one puzzles me a bit...that's also a lateral transfer at best & maybe a little step down...
              he's been at Colorado State for four years, redshirting one of those years - and he plays a bunch there...
              He started 2/3 of their games, plays 26 minutes per game, and would be expected to play even more next year

Comment

Loyola just landed a commitment from 6'4", 180 pound juco guard Jalon Pipkins from Paris, Texas.

He originally committed to Cal State Northridge, played his freshman season there (averaged 3.1 ppg), then transferred back to Paris Junior College in his hometown. This past season at Paris JC he average 21.4 ppg, 35.8% from three, 4.5 rpg, and 4.5 assists per game.
                http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018-19...lonpipkinshlcl

Comment

he sure takes a lot of shots- almost 20 a game, and after averaging 3 ppg in his freshman year at Cal State Northridge-
                  he declared for the NBA Draft! He did not get drafted and did not return to Northridge but went juco instead.
                  His high school coach calls Pipkins "Pipkins “is the best dunker I’ve ever seen"
                  His coach says he has NBA talent...but the paucity of offers is puzzling.
                  Jalon Pipkins confirmed to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports that he is withdrawing from the NBA Draft. He will not return to Cal State Northridge and instead transfer. -- Sportando Basketball - Italy

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...410-story.html

Comment

Some signed letters for MVC schools -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwXib4mh...=13te9q4ky9sf4
                    https://twitter.com/RamblersMBB/stat...34464580280320
                    https://missouristatebears.com/news/...on-bonner.aspx
                    https://twitter.com/DrakeBulldogsMB/...38147859042304
                    http://www.valpoathletics.com/mbaske...ers-wednesday/
                    https://twitter.com/LCHSAthletics/st...29688027561989

...the ones in dark red/maroon have either signed LOI's or been confirmed by the schools

Bradley - Stephan Gabriel, Antonio Thomas, Ville Tahvanainen, possibly JaMir Price, Rienk Mast,Danya Kingsby- transfer, will not sign LOI (1 open scholarship now that Hodgson and Pittman are transferring)
                    Drake - Roman Penn - transfer eligible in 2019, Issa Samake, Joseph Yesufu, Nate Ferguson, Luke Vaske- walk-on, redshirting this year, Jonah Jackson,
                    Brady Ernst, Okay Djamgouz (zero scholarships, Matt Gray transferring)
                    Evansville - Artur Labinowcz - transfer, eligible in 2019, Sam Cunliffe - transfer eligible in 2019, DeAndre Williams- freshman redshirting 2018-19, Marcus Henderson, Peace Ilegomah - eligible mid-year 2019-20 (2 open scholarship)
                    ISU - DJ Horne, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Keith Fisher - all three ineligible until fall of 2019, also Abdou Ndiaye will be ineligible until 2019 (still have 4 scholarships now that Chastain is placed on scholarship)
                    Indiana State - Cobie Barnes, Jared Hankins, Tre Williams, Cameron Bacote (transfer will be eligible in 2019), Christopher Agbo, Jake LaRavia (zero scholarships open - Hughes & Huenermann leaving)
                    Loyola - Tate Hall (transfer, eligible in 2019-2020), Paxson Wojcik, Tom Welch, Marquise Kennedy,
                    Keith Clemons, Jalon Pipkins (zero open scholarships, Bujdoso transferred)
                    Missouri State - Tyem Freeman, Jamonta Black, Dajuan Harris, Gaige Prim, Tyrik Dixon - transfer, eligible 2019, Isaiah Mosley, Spencer Brown- walk-on, Lamont West-transfer, Anthony Masinton-Bonner, transfer
                    (appear to be oversigned by 1 or 2 now that both Wojciks leaving)
                    UNI - James Betz, Noah Carter, Cole Henry, Logan Wolf (walk-on for basketball & scholarship for football), Evan Gauger, Derek Krogman- walk-on, Antwan Kimmons
                    (zero open scholarships- now that Croft is gone)
                    SIU - Avery Taggart (will also walk on for football), Lance Jones, Chris Payton (3 or 4 open scholarships - but rumor that Payton may not be eligible)
                    Valparaiso - Eron Gordon and Nick Robinson - both transfers eligible in 2019, Donovan Clay, Sigurd Lorange
                    , Emil Freese-Vilien, Ben Krikke, Luke Morrill - walk on (should have 1-2 open scholarships with Evelyn, Freeman, Golder, Sorolla & Smits transferring)

Bradley - JaMir Price- if he does a year at Prep School (currently 5 open scholarships - we lose Brown, Hodgson, Kennell, Pittman, Bar)
                    UNI - Tytan Anderson (4 open scholarships)
                    Last edited by tornado; 04-24-2019, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• so far no surprises & no unexpected signings....

there are two guys who are expected to sign or be confirmed that have not yet been officially announced- UNI's Antwan Kimmons & Missouri State's Isaiah Mosley

Just pure speculation but the Missouri State beat writer notes that they are now one over on scholarship commitments
                      and then he hints that altho maybe Isaiah Mosley is expected to sign - - maybe he won't ?- https://twitter.com/WyattWheeler_NL/...24165598384128

Comment

• Tornado, I’d be interested how you’d rank the Valley teams in order is signings so far. How do the BU signings look so far in comparison to the rest of the conference?
                        Larry Bird
                        I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end.

Comment

• I think Kingsby, Mast, Ville. Gabriel & Thomas all can contribute right away -- not saying they will but I think they can...
                          I don't think any other team in the MVC has anywhere close to that many in this year's recruiting class who will contribute...
                          Maybe Loyola is worth mentioning but Bradley's group has won state championships, played the very best opponents in the nation,
                          and even played & excelled at a professional level....
                          ..a couple teams like ISU have guys sitting out who have been there in college all year - but those are not 2019 recruits.

I think the best answer to your question will be easier at the end of the summer...

Comment

• Probably most recruiting people would not rank Bradley's recruiting class very high because most of the recruits played little or none this past year, and a couple of them are Euro kids who nobody knows much about. Even for me to try to evaluate where they rank is difficult because of so many uncertainties-
                            >When will we find out where JaMir Price will be playing next season?
                            >Will Stephan Gabriel be here next fall? He played very little last year at 3 different prep schools. However, he was a qualifier out of high school, so he should be eligible.
                            >Antonio Thomas should be the one recruit that is most certain to be here this summer. He is said to have strong academics.
                            >Ville Tahvanainen and Rienk Mast could be playing with their national teams, so we don't know when they might get to Bradley. Plus, sometimes the NCAA eligibility Clearinghouse has problems with foreign kids' transcripts, or accepting their high school courses as acceptable for the required core classes. I doubt there will be academic issues, but if they don't get to Bradley until the fall, we've seen that have an effect in the past on recruits' training and conditioning.
                            >And Danya Kingsby hasn't played at all since playing for his juco in the 2017-18 season. We still don't know the reason or whether he is back to 100%. And we may not know his eligibility/playing status for months. Will the NCAA grant a waiver or two for him to regain his lost season and will he get a different waiver to be eligible immediately without having to sit out a year?

Comment

• I’m more inclined to agree with da coach. We have unproven guys. But we also have guys from the less scouted sectors, namely the non-draft level Europeans and a prep guy who isn’t a power conference recruit. I won’t claim to be an expert on those levels, but comparing them to recent recruits, I’d estimate Mast is close to Van Bree, Gabriel is a more complete but less athletic McGlaston, and Tahvanainen is a better Kennel. Idk where to place Thomas and I can’t tell you how ready each of them are for this level, but I will put my name to the fact that at least 2 of those 3 will be quality contributors next year, for whatever that is worth. With what we have coming back, I think that will be enough to challenge for the valley championship. Adding a clear starter with our last scholarship would make us prohibitive favorites and make my previous prediction off, more like 1 of those 3 as contributors. Not having studied the other schools, I can’t have a 100% comparison. But I’d say we are only second to Missouri State in the short term, arguably no one long term.
                              Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• UNI gets an unusual recruit that won't cost them a scholarship. Logan Wolf signed a National Letter of Intent in December during the early signing period for football (Dec. 19-21). He will play for the UNI Football team next fall.
                                But it was confirmed today that he will join the basketball team as soon as the football season is over.
                                He is a 6'5". 190 pound G/F who averaged 15.5 ppg, 4.9 rpg at Cedar Falls HS this past season and helped lead them to back-to-back Iowa Class 4A state championships.

https://www.kcrg.com/content/sports/...506920681.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X