Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas to visit Bradley this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas to visit Bradley this Friday

Illinois transfer Te'Jon Lucas will be making a visit to Bradley this Friday.
    He is a 6'0" freshman point guard from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He played in 29 games this past season at Illinois, started 19 games, and averaged 5.7 ppg and 3.2 apg for the Illini this past season.
    Te'Jon Lucas (3) Guard - Lucas' Career & Season Game-By-Game Stats (PDF) 2017-18 Sophomore Played in 29 of 32 games, starting 18 times Averaged 5.7 points

He was highly recruited out of high school at Washington HS in Milwaukee, where he averaged 20.5 points, 5.3 rebounds, 7.8 assists and 2.8 steals as a senior.
    There are no reports that Bradley coaches offered him out of high school-

Correction: he is currently a sophomore at Illinois and will have 2 years of eligibility left after sitting out one year after transfer

Lucas is a soph, not a freshman. That website is wrong. He would sit one, play two if he were to come here.
    You've been Sniped

Comment

I thought he was a Sophomore. He would sit out and have 2 years of eligibility, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Serbiansniper34 View Post
        Lucas is a soph, not a freshman. That website is wrong. He would sit one, play two if he were to come here.
        Yes, you are right. I erroneously got ahold of an old roster page from when he was a freshman.
        He just finished his sophomore season, and as you point out, would have to sit out a year and have 2 years of eligibility.

Here is the correct, current roster page-
        Te'Jon Lucas (3) Guard - Lucas' Career & Season Game-By-Game Stats (PDF) 2017-18 Sophomore Played in 29 of 32 games, starting 18 times Averaged 5.7 points

Here are his stats for both years he has played-
        View the profile of BYU Cougars Guard Te'Jon Lucas on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

Te'jon Lucas will visit Bradley on Friday, and also will be visiting UW-Milwaukee on Saturday.
          He currently holds offers from Milwaukee, South Dakota State, IUPUI, Pacific, Others that have expressed interest include Georgia Tech, Georgetown, North Dakota State, Utah Valley, San Diego, Florida Atlantic, Old Dominion, and Bradley.

Comment

I may be in the minority but I would prefer to sign recruits that can contribute next year. If we don't use all the scholarships on those that can play next year, it might be worth the scholarship. I would bow to the coaches' opinions.

Comment

Illini transfer Te'Jon Lucas narrows to six schools and Bradley makes the cut

he is from Milwaukee and names these schools....
              ...Milwaukee, Bradley, IUPUI, San Diego, Utah State, Santa Clara

Comment

Originally posted by tornado View Post
                Illini transfer Te'Jon Lucas narrows to six schools and Bradley makes the cut

he is from Milwaukee and names these schools....
                ...Milwaukee, Bradley, IUPUI, San Diego, Utah State, Santa Clara
                I like that Te'Jon is interested enough to visit. I would think we would be a more prestigious destination that UW-Milwaukee and I mean no slight to that school. Bradley just has a rich history in NCAA BB. I also think that at Bradley he would have a chance to start and play more. Perhaps the idea of a mid major school, where he might certainly be a key player, rather than get less minutes a a bigger school, would be appealing to him.

The other destinations are quite a distance from his home town.

Comment

I don't think it is likely that we get him, but if we do I think he would be a great fit.

Comment

point guard is a position you have to have depth in...
                    so not only could we use Lucas, but we need to secure someone in the Class of 2018 or 2019

Lucas averages 6.06 assists per 40 min with just 3.61 turnovers per 40 minutes...really favorable when compared to the best PGs in the MVC
                    Compare those numbers to some MVC guys:
                    Darrell Brown, Jr - 5.40 assists per 40 min, 3.62 turnovers per 40 min
                    Jayden Hodgson - 2.40 assists per 40 min, 1.97 turnovers per 40 min
                    Milik Yarbrough - 6.79 assists per 40 min, 5.63 turnovers per 40 min
                    Clayton Custer - 4.97 assists per 40 min, 2.62 turnovers per 40 min

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                      Te'jon Lucas will visit Bradley on Friday, and also will be visiting UW-Milwaukee on Saturday.
                      He currently holds offers from Milwaukee, South Dakota State, IUPUI, Pacific, Others that have expressed interest include Georgia Tech, Georgetown, North Dakota State, Utah Valley, San Diego, Florida Atlantic, Old Dominion, and Bradley.
                      Not surprisingly, Te'Jon Lucas, who is from Milwaukee, just committed to UW-Milwaukee. They lost 8 players this spring to transfer and graduation, so he will probably get a lot of playing time when he becomes eligible. He will have to sit out a year, and will have 2 years of eligibility starting in the 2019-20 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                        Not surprisingly, Te'Jon Lucas, who is from Milwaukee, just committed to UW-Milwaukee. They lost 8 players this spring to transfer and graduation, so he will probably get a lot of playing time when he becomes eligible. He will have to sit out a year, and will have 2 years of eligibility starting in the 2019-20 season.
                        kinda surprised he is jumping on the sinking ship as everyone else is jumping off-- remember - even BU recruit Caleb Nero bailed on UW-Milwaukee last year

Comment

suggestion here that Te'Jon Lucas was down to Bradley vs. UW-Milwaukee, and chose to play in his home town...I guess understandable...

I am thinking what we are seeing now, especially with Loyola not landing anybody despite their open scholarships, their tremendous run with all the publicity and the prospect that they would be the unanimous pick to win the Valley next year...
                          ...is the fact that there just isn't anyone left out there who's a clear option that's gonna help us...
                          There's currently over 500 transfers, slightly more than half still available - but of those 250 or so....
                          most are nowhere near the caliber that would help a midmajor- especially an MVC team. They are kids who will end low major or DII.
                          And most of the rest, like the top scorers leaving Milwaukee, like South Dakota's Matt Mooney, like Kingsby who decommitted from Pitt, or like Ryan Taylor & Dru Smith from a bottom-dweller Evansville team - are all looking to land higher at a bigger conference school. they would have been nice options if we got them, but the feeding frenzy at the BCS-schools to fill their open scholarships & the extra "perks" all the big schools always seem to get away with, are just too tempting for those kids to pass on, and we just aren't going to get them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X