2019 & Beyond Recruiting Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• former Bradley recruit David Sloan is completing his official visits -
    he has been to Georgetown, Cincy & now Kansas State...he had previously visited Louisville - so it appears he has ruled everyone else out...

Comment

• Bradley has officially announced Terry Nolan, Jr., so I guess he has signed the necessary papers...
      also Michael Moreno, who I think will be very good in college - has narrowed to Evansville, Wofford & Eastern Kentucky and will decide soon - https://twitter.com/michaelmoreno30/...26803946889218

Stephan Gabriel - SIGNED - LINK - visited last fall and was impressed with staff & facilities!
      Antonio "Tonio" Thomas - SIGNED - visited the weekend of 9/13-15 and loved Bradley!
      Ville Tahvanainen - also SIGNED while on visit 9/29/2018 when he was impressed with Bradley
      JaMir Price- SIGNED for 2019 but may do a year of prep school
      Rienk Mast - SIGNED- Dutch U18 National player, visited Bradley & got an offer - should sign in April
      Danya Kingsby - SIGNED- transfer from LSU
      Terry Nolan, Jr. - SIGNED - transfer from George Washington- likely not eligible until 2020-21 with two years remaining
      ************************************************** ***************************
      Recent names.....
      Jaylen Fisher is on the transfer market - but submitting his name for the 2019 NBA Draft
      JD Notae - LINK
      Nana Akenten
      Brian Tolefree
      Sean Houpt - preferred walk-on offer- https://twitter.com/IL_IrishMBB/stat...83164451344385
      Devan Cambridge
      Evan Gilyard - transferring from UTEP but our coaching staff had recruited him previously
      Isaiah Moss, Elijah Mitrou-Long, Ryan Woolridge - a few recent transfers that may be of interest to our staff...

older names.....doubt any are still on our radar...
      Luther Taylor, Karl Wright (just one offer - UIS), Kejuan Clements, Jermaine Hamlin, Demarius Boyd, Cortez Mosley (Richwoods),
      Jan Palokaj (Croatia), Spencer Jones, Nathan Johnson, Quinn Cafferty, Rashaun Agee

2020 (will lose 4 more seniors so will have three more open scholarships for 2020)
      Most of the 2020 recruits won't commit until after the summer AAU and on into their senior season in the fall)

Nijel Pack - OFFERED on Jan. 21, 2109
      Desmond Polk - OFFERED probably already blowing up past the midmajor level
      Mabor Majak - Hamilton Southeast near Indianapolis - OFFERED - LINK
      Darius Hannah - OFFERED
      Anthony Leal - OFFERED on July 10,2018
      Mason Madsen - OFFERED 7/25/2018
      Gabe Madsen - OFFERED 7/25/2018
      Isaiah Rivera - OFFERED - https://twitter.com/riv_isaiah/statu...72457744252928
      Jamie Bergens
      Latrell Wrightsell - has already visited Bradley - putting up great numbers
      Quenton Shelton
      Will Berg
      Sincere Parker
      Carter Gilmore
      Devon House - discussed Bradley visit
      Seryee Lewis
      Ethan Kilgore
      - from KC area
      Dayten Holman
      Martice Mitchell (just offered by ISU),
      Dante Maddox, Jr.
      (son of Bloom HS head coach)
      Rashad McDaniels - recently visited Bradley - LINK
      Kareem Queeley
      Michael Peake, Caleb Love, Mike Saunders, Jr., Demarius Splunge, Katrell Raimey, Caleb Lohner, Quevian Adger, Isaiah Burrell, Jalen Johnson, Kaleim Taylor, Terrance Thompson, Jordan Davis, Jonathan Davis, Jadin Booth, Reggie Morris, PJ Edwards, Anthony Washington, Jeron Artest, Kayne Henry, Noel Coleman, Ray'Sean Taylor

2021 (lots depends on if we have built up with jucos or 4-year guys but Childs will be a senior and thus at least 1 more will open up in 2021)
      Dimitrios Stragalinos - OFFERED 9/28/2018
      Tevin Smith - OFFERED 2/16/19
      Isaiah Donnell - LINK
      Michael Foster - OFFERED on 11/11/2017 - BRADLEY had previously OFFERED, then he verbaled to Arizona State but now he has reopened recruitment
      Anthony Fairlee - signed with Mineral Area juco may still be on BU's radar screen after knee surgery
      Tyronn Mosley - now headed to Coffeyville juco
      Max Christie - now rising into the 5-Star level - Working LINK
      Nate Santos - reclassified from 2020
      Emmanuel Umoffia -- holds Bradley OFFER but now headed to Meridian Community College (juco)
      Chucky Hepburn, David Joplin, Ben Nau, Hunter Sallis, Taj Manning, Zane Meeks, Tyreese Hunter

..mentions of a 2023 kid Ethan Kizer (Hollis Twp- now moved to Metamora) -
      http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=4158 -
      https://twitter.com/IL_IrishMBB/stat...65880980148224 -
      Last edited by tornado; 05-03-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crusenswings View Post
        Nolan has me hyped up. Any guesses who could be next?
        Bradley has offers out to several unsigned 2019 high school kids, prep school kids, and transfers (see the recruiting threads stuck to the top of the board).
        I hope the readers of BradleyFans.com appreciate that they have, by far, the best and most complete information available of names and descriptions of those recruits. But there are always additional names we may not know of which pop up suddenly. But, nearly all of the players Bradley has recruited have appeared here first, and many have only been noted here.
        I have not heard any rumors who among them the coaches have as their #1.

Comment

• I enjoy the recruiting news that is available here.

Comment

• Thanks LTF. LIke you and a lot of Bradley fans, I love to follow recruiting. Judging from the traffic that recruiting topics and posts get, the only thing more popular for fans to read about are the games and game stories themselves.

Comment

• I do not know who the final open scholarship will go to. But, I think it is important to use it on a recruit who will be eligible next season, and will be ready to play and contribute, either a high school/prep school kid, juco, or a grad-transfer. The reason is because we now have 2 transfers from 4-year schools (Terry Nolan, Jr., and Danya Kingsby). And our coaching staff and fans are hopeful Kingsby will be granted a waiver to be eligible next season, but there is no guarantee it will happen. That could mean we'd have 2 quality guard transfers who will not be eligible for 2019-20. If Bradley signs another transfer from a 4-year school, we could have 3 non-eligible players. Then if there are any injuries, or if any other players are out for a length of time, or if any of the other incoming 2019 recruits don't qualify or don't arrive at Bradley for any reason, or need to redshirt, it could significantly hurt Bradley's depth.
              Ideally, I'd like to see us sign a grad-transfer or a juco wing who would step right in and help replace DLO, Luqman Lundy, or Luuk van Bree's contributions. Otherwise we may have to rely on our incoming freshmen.

Comment

• We MUST get an immediately eligible, experienced guard with that last scholarship..

we have ONLY two guards returning - Kennell & Darrell Brown - WHAT IF...one or both get injured - those things DO happen....
                and if Danya Kingsby does not get the waiver then both he & Nolan won't help next year
                we would then be extremely short on guards - especially experienced guards and would have to rely on contributions from Ville & Antonio Thomas

so I would love to get Nana Akenten or Tim Finke but neither will help next year - even high scoring JD Notae would help us down the road but he'd sit out next year
                ..we need a Luqman Lundy clone that Coach Wardle can find in the juco ranks that doesn't have to be a big scorer but a hard worker &
                a solid ball handler and heady playmaker... Wardle found Lundy late in the recruiting game two years ago and a lot of people doubted "L" but he showed us all that he was the right man for the spot!

Comment

• T, if you think we must sign someone eligible this year you are going to be disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crusenswings View Post
                    I keep seeing rumors of other visits besides Nolan..
                    well we can do better than rumors -

Brian Wardle said there are two more visitors being hosted by Bradley this week

Comment

• Originally posted by lb071964 View Post
                      T, if you think we must sign someone eligible this year you are going to be disappointed.
                      no, it would depend - if it was someone worth using a whole year of scholarship before he's eligible, then I would not be disappointed...
                      but I would be disappointed if we have some injuries and then get caught like ISU did with a really short bench while a bunch of guys are sitting out ineligible...

Comment

• OK but you said MUST get a kid that can play this year. You didn’t say maybe or might you said MUST in capital letters. Based on that I said you will be disappointed.

Comment

OK but you said MUST get a kid that can play this year. You didn’t say maybe or might you said MUST in capital letters. Based on that I said you will be disappointed.
                          Do you know for a fact that they won't get a commit that will be eligible to play next season?

Comment

• There are no for facts in recruiting but from what I know I feel safe to say it unlikely.

Comment

OK but you said MUST get a kid that can play this year. You didn’t say maybe or might you said MUST in capital letters. Based on that I said you will be disappointed.
                              but my demands for recruiting always take a back seat to those of the head coach - but as I said...
                              I kinda predicted exactly what was going to happen this past season at ISU when all the ISU people including Muller
                              were giddy about how strong and deep their team was - but it was obvious to me they were seeing a mirage...
                              They really had no true point guard, they tended to regularly rely way too much on just 2 or 3 guys, and they tied up way
                              too many scholarships on kids that had to sit out or who had walk-on or DII talent.

I just don't want to see that happen for us....
                              again - we'd be asking for trouble if Kingsby doesn't get the waiver and either (or both) Nate & DB get hurt (those are not long shot possibilities -
                              those kinds of things happen)
                              We could be picked in the top-two in the MVC next season just like ISU was then risk playing on Thursday if we get caught shorthanded.
                              Time will tell - but Wardle's done a very good job thus far with the players recruited - so I trust his judgment even tho I expressed what I'd like to see.

Comment

• I didn’t say your reasons for wanting a kid that can play this year are wrong headed. I said it isn’t happening. You can also stop worrying about Kingsby playing this year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X