Collapse

2019 & Beyond Recruiting Targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know of any Juco’s we are definitively connected to?

I agree that adding a Juco is probably the best from a balance standpoint and I think, looking at our roster, we need to add the best player possible regardless of position. We have some depth at every position. We return one of everything and add one of everything except a traditional center. Considering how most teams play today, we probably don’t need a 3rd true center but if there is one that is a stand out in the vein of Krutwig or McGlynn we would be foolish to send them away for a lesser player of another position.

My personal choice would be a tweener forward that could be a big 3 or athletic 4 like Theron Wilson or Taylor Brown. We’ve got Henry, who seems to be more of a 4, and Gabriel, who I think will be more of 3/guard. Getting a guy that combines the two would be great. It would take pressure off of each of those guys to perform in big roles and give coach a lot of flexibility in his line ups.

Regardless, getting a big time Juco player is our best move forward in my opinion.
    Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikovio View Post

"he says he can play immediately"
      well then I guess that settles it - I will take his word for it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        Bradley has offered a scholarship to-
        2019 Caleb Grill- 6'3" point guard from Maize HS in Wichita, Kansas....
        Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
        ....Bradley recruit Caleb Grill ....
        ....to commit early to South Dakota State......
        Former Bradley 2019 recruit Caleb Grill has now asked for & received his release from South Dakota State where he had committed - and is reopening his recruitment
        ..and altho not certain - he may follow TJ Oetzelberger to UNLV but maybe he wants to stay in the midwest since
        he's now setting up visits to Kansas State and Iowa State.

also - South Dakota State's top player - David Jenkins, who averages 19.7 ppg has also asked out and will transfer
        http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas.../david-jenkins

Xzavier Jones - still talking about his Bradley offer - https://twitter.com/prepballstars/st...18411600556032
        Last edited by tornado; 04-02-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• another couple guys have committed elsewhere - so names removed - including the guy who was NJCAA scoring leader

2019 (possibly 2 open scholarships) - ** Spring signing period is April 17 - May 15

Stephan Gabriel - SIGNED - LINK - visited last fall and was impressed with staff & facilities!
          Antonio "Tonio" Thomas - SIGNED - visited the weekend of 9/13-15 and loved Bradley!
          Ville Tahvanainen - also SIGNED while on visit 9/29/2018 when he was impressed with Bradley
          JaMir Price- SIGNED for 2019 but may do a year of prep school
          Rienk Mast - COMMITTED- Dutch U18 National player, visited Bradley & got an offer - should sign in April
          Danya Kingsby - COMMITTED- transfer from LSU
          ************************************************** ***************************
          Recent names.....
          Jaylen Fisher is on the transfer market -
          Bryce Moore - transfer from Western Michigan - LINK
          Tim Finke - transfer from GCU
          JD Notae - LINK

older names.....
          Josh Wallace - OFFERED 11/28/2017 - playing well but paucity of offers makes one suspicious that he may have issues with qualifying
          Xzavier Jones - OFFERED 7/23 and visited on 8/07/17! - new highlights- moving up in rankings
          Michael Moreno - just visited and got OFFERED August 27, 2017
          David Sloan - at John A. Logan juco - named Player of the Year in his juco conference LINK
          Luther Taylor, Karl Wright (just one offer - UIS), Kejuan Clements, Malcolm Whitlow, Jermaine Hamlin, Demarius Boyd, Cortez Mosley (Richwoods),
          Steve Wooten, Jr. (Mineral Area juco), Jan Palokaj (Croatia), Spencer Jones, Jaden Shackleford,
          Kareem Queeley, Nathan Johnson, Quinn Cafferty, Rashaun Agee, Ahmad Louis

2020 (will lose 4 more seniors so will have three more open scholarships for 2020)
          Most of the 2020 recruits won't commit until after the summer AAU and on into their senior season in the fall)

Nijel Pack - OFFERED on Jan. 21, 2109
          Desmond Polk - OFFERED probably already blowing up past the midmajor level
          Mabor Majak - Hamilton Southeast near Indianapolis - OFFERED - LINK
          Darius Hannah - OFFERED
          Anthony Leal - OFFERED on July 10,2018
          Mason Madsen - OFFERED 7/25/2018
          Gabe Madsen - OFFERED 7/25/2018
          Latrell Wrightsell - has already visited Bradley - putting up great numbers
          Will Berg
          Sincere Parker
          Carter Gilmore
          Devon House - discussed Bradley visit
          Seryee Lewis
          Ethan Kilgore
          - from KC area
          Dayten Holman
          Isaiah Rivera -
          Martice Mitchell (just offered by ISU),
          Dante Maddox, Jr.
          (son of Bloom HS head coach)
          Rashad McDaniels - recently visited Bradley - LINK
          Michael Peake, Caleb Love, Mike Saunders, Jr., Demarius Splunge, Katrell Raimey, Caleb Lohner, Quevian Adger, Isaiah Burrell, Jalen Johnson, Kaleim Taylor, Terrance Thompson, Jordan Davis, Jonathan Davis, Jadin Booth, Reggie Morris, PJ Edwards, Anthony Washington, Jeron Artest, Kayne Henry, Noel Coleman, Ray'Sean Taylor

2021 (lots depends on if we have built up with jucos or 4-year guys but Childs will be a senior and thus at least 1 more will open up in 2021)
          Dimitrios Stragalinos - OFFERED 9/28/2018
          Tevin Smith - OFFERED 2/16/19
          Isaiah Donnell - LINK
          Michael Foster - OFFERED on 11/11/2017 - BRADLEY had previously OFFERED, then he verbaled to Arizona State but now he has reopened recruitment
          Anthony Fairlee - signed with Mineral Area juco may still be on BU's radar screen after knee surgery
          Tyronn Mosley - now headed to Coffeyville juco
          Max Christie - now rising into the 5-Star level - Working LINK
          Nate Santos - reclassified from 2020
          Emmanuel Umoffia -- holds Bradley OFFER but now headed to Meridian Community College (juco)
          Chucky Hepburn, David Joplin, Ben Nau, Hunter Sallis, Taj Manning, Zane Meeks, Tyreese Hunter

..mentions of a 2023 kid Ethan Kizer (Hollis Twp- now moved to Metamora) -
          http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=4158 -
          https://twitter.com/IL_IrishMBB/stat...65880980148224 -

UPDATE on April 12 - a couple more names removed as they have committed elsewhere
          Last edited by tornado; 04-12-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• I have heard the Braves staff was at a workout checking out former recruit Tim Finke, who as posted earlier, is transferring from Grand Canyon. SIU was also at the same workout checking him out. I am not sure how serious our interest is.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerB View Post
              I have heard the Braves staff was at a workout checking out former recruit Tim Finke, who as posted earlier, is transferring from Grand Canyon. SIU was also at the same workout checking him out. I am not sure out serious our interest is.
              Grand Canyon is somewhat of a Transfer U with many incoming transfers...now Tim Finke wants to transfer out? Wonder what the whole story is.

He got decent playing time - especially for a freshman- probably more than he'd get anywhere else. And his older brother
              had a really great year there at GCU - so you'd think he'd stay .....
              But he say it's the "style of play" and he "didn't feel as if he fit"... what??- he goes thru the entire recruiting process
              & gets to play a bunch at GCU with his bro then decides he doesn't like the style of play?
              That doesn't make a lot of sense. How did he NOT know their style of play after two to three whole years of being recruited & playing for them?

He started some games but wasn't very productive & mostly came off the bench playing 16 minutes per game
              (roughly the same amount of minutes Luuk van Bree or Luqman Lundy played - but they are seniors!) -
              BUT...his production was less than those guys....He averaged just 3.5 ppg hitting 37% overall and from 3-pt -
              Plus van Bree added a lot more rebounds and Lundy a lot more ball-handling & assists.

I think he could be a Jeremy Crouch-type player down the road....but wouldn't help at all next year.
              ..but my fear is that he is NOT a team player and is focused way too much on himself and filling his needs-
              check what he told the Champaign News-Gazette...
              "This time around I'll be a lot more precise on exactly what I want and exactly what I desire"

...ya gotta wonder if those kinds of comments will turn a few coaches off.....

I know our coaches want to be very careful with that last scholarship - make it count.....
              You gotta admit Coach Wardle knows more than we do about this - but you'll never convince everyone.
              There were some (on another message board) truly ignorantly labeling Lundy, LVB, Brummett, etc. as wasted scholarships..

Comment

• If Bradley could land a quality transfer like Finke, he'd have to sit out next year and would be eligible in 2020-21. But I think it would be worthwhile.
                Bradley will lose Darrell Brown and Nate Kennell, 2 of our key players, and the 2 best 3-point shooters we have. So landing a talented shooter with other great skills would go a long way toward replacing DB's, and Nate's production. Tim Finke only averaged 3.5 ppg , but he did not play very much. He did shoot 37% from three, but is capable of much better. He was a consensus 4-star recruit whio chose Grand Canyon over offers from a bunch of high major schools. So I wonder if he isn't looking to go higher.

Comment

...So I wonder if he isn't looking to go higher.
                  you think so? After seeing how his brother thrived and has a much better shot at a pro career after transferring to a level that was better matched to his skills. Plus he's working out in front of SIU & Bradley according to KillerB - so looks more like he's considering midmajors

Comment

• Finke played AAU with my son and is a stud. Great athlete, great shooter and can handle the ball. He would be an instant starter at BU. He outgrew the Illinois Irish and played with the St. Louis Eagles his last year in AAU. I would be thrilled if he ended up at BU.

Comment

He was a consensus 4-star recruit whio chose Grand Canyon over offers from a bunch of high major schools. So I wonder if he isn't looking to go higher.
                      We'll agree to disagree on this one. I follow Illinois recruiting very closely and the high major offers were vanishing by his senior year in high school. Grand Canyon seemed to be orchestrated as a school where he and his brother could play together and see a fair amount of time. I am not saying he would not do well at Bradley, but I agree with T on this one. I truly believe he thought he was better than he played. This is a common trend in college basketball, no one wants to develop they all want to star from day 1. I will be surprised if he goes higher than BU with a scholarship.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU freak View Post
                        Finke played AAU with my son and is a stud. ....
                        hey- if you know him then see if you can get us some inside news...

there are a few mentions that Bradley is in the mix- but here's a good article that I would love to know what's in it..
                        but it is a subscription - so if anyone can help - let us know...
                        "Tim Finke updates what schools he has been in communication with since announcing transfer..."
                        https://www.prephoops.com/2019/04/re...inke-transfer/

The transfer list is up to 529 and will probably reach 800+
                        Of the current 529 - only a couple dozen are quality kids who will transfer to Top 100 programs.
                        Then there are another several dozen like Kingsby or possibly Finke, that could help a good midmajor like Bradley
                        but as I check the Illini message boards - most of their fans don't really want to add a Tim Finke....they feel
                        that would be backtracking to the Groce-era...

then the rest of the 400-450 guys on that transfer list will NOT help any solid midmajor and are guys
                        just looking for playing time, going DII or juco or whose scholarship have been "pruned"...
                        Just check some of the names - many were pretty highly rated but can't get minutes or score 1 ppg.

In the past couple years since 2017- here are the guys who have transferred IN to the Missouri Valley
                        I came up with 33 names - only eight or so have done much yet to help their Valley teams...but the jury is still out on several.
                        Yarbrough & Townes in 2016 were an impact but Romine & others were not

-Bradley - Danya Kingsby (from LSU)
                        -Drake - Brady Ernst (from FGCU), Nick Norton (from UAB), Bradley Ellingson (from Iowa), Roman Penn (Siena)
                        -Evansville - Peace Ilegomah (from Pitt), Shea Feehan (from Eureka), Art Labinowicz (from Siena), Sam Cunliffe (from Kansas)
                        -Illinois State - Dedric Boyd (from Eastern Kentucky), Jaycee Hillsman (from San Jose State), Keith Fisher (from San Jose State), Ilijah Donnelly (from UIS), Matt Chastain (Loyola), Jerron Martin (Texas Southern)
                        -Indiana State - Qiydar Davis (from Louisiana Tech), Christian Williams (Iowa)
                        -Loyola - Tate Hall (from Indianapolis), Aher Uguak (from New Mexico), Carson Shanks (from North Dakota)
                        -Missouri State - Lamont West (from West Virginia), Josh Webster (Texas Tech), Jared Ridder (from Xavier), Josh Hall (from Nevada), Tyrik Dixon (from Middle Tennessee), Tulio Da Silva (from South Florida), Tanveer Bhullar (New Mexico State), JT Miller (Howard)
                        -Northern Iowa - Trae Berhow (from Pepperdine)
                        -SIU -
                        -Valparaiso - Eron Gordon (from Seton Hall), Deion Lavender (from UAB), Nick Robinson (from St. Joseph's), Ryan Fazekas (Providence)
                        Last edited by tornado; 04-05-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Bradley recruiting 2020 Quenton Shelton, a 6'3" guard from Lebanon, Missouri High School. He is an outstanding outside shooter.
                          https://www.prephoops.com/2018/10/pr...-shelton-2020/

The kid's got some range-

Comment

• I apologize if this was posted elsewhere. I didn't see it. It's an nice look at the best of the unsigned talent out of Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerB View Post
                              I apologize if this was posted elsewhere. I didn't see it. It's an nice look at the best of the unsigned talent out of Chicago.
                              Watched the Illinois state high school tourney on tv.....Agee was very interesting and could play in the Valley no doubt, would be a nice sub for Child's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Mike View Post

Watched the Illinois state high school tourney on tv.....Agee was very interesting and could play in the Valley no doubt, would be a nice sub for Child's.
                                Back in January, we reported that Bradley was recruiting RaShaun Agee-
                                https://www.bradleyfans.com/forum/sp...431#post481431

I don't know if we are still recruiting him, but it is unusual for a big kid like him with talent has only been getting a few non-major offers. There may academic issues.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X