Collapse

Transfers & Grad Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suspect Denzel Mahoney has already been hearing from some higher level schools who have convinced him to transfer.
    He is from Central Florida, so I expect him to transfer to one of the bigger schools near there.

Comment

• I know - he surely saw that guys like Evansville's Ryan Taylor (Northwestern) & Dru Smith (Missouri) did pretty well for themselves, and Denzel is every bit as valuable...
      but his late decision means the market has narrowed for schools with scholarships open (Mizzou has none) - and we are one of them...

-the Albany transfer (Cremo) shopped around a little but this morning chose Villanova...
      You aren't going to convince me he didn't kinda know they wanted him even before he left Albany...

btw - some kids make bad decisions regarding transfers...I don't think it's unfair to discuss it when some kid makes a terrible decision..
      We had one a few years ago - Jeremy Fears - who transferred here from Ohio, then sat out a year then never played here...Jojo likewise is kind of a failed transfer...
      ISU has had several - one from UTEP now and a couple years ago, a couple that came in with horrible drug problems and still have open felonies on the books in McLean Co.

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
        Here's one I would love to see at Bradley...a surprise late transfer...

SEMO's best player Denzel Mahoney...averaging almost 20 ppg and has 3 years left to play..
        we held him to only 17, but it took great games from Eli & Luuk to win that game
        I really like his potential as well.
        Cheering with pep and vim for the white and purple!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
          Shea Feehan had a tremendous season at Eureka, graduated, and is now looking to transfer to a D1 school to play his final season.
          He now has a scholarship offer from Bryant University (located in Smithfield, Rhode Island- member of the Northeast Conference).
          Oakland, Evansville, High Point, and Delaware are all showing interest, too.

Grad-transfer Shea Feehan just got a scholarship offer from Evansville. I wonder if Bradley might be interested in an extraordinary shooter?

Comment

• I had posted earlier that Shea was looking to transfer.
            This young man could play for Bradley, he would definitely be Bradley's best 3 point threat.

Comment

• I can't think of anything better to do with a scholarship for just one year

Comment

• Originally posted by tornado View Post
                uh - oh - what's up at UW-Milwaukee?

all of a sudden everyone's bailing...a literal dumpster fire...
                Their TOP THREE players, Jeremiah Bell, Brock Stull & Bryce Nze
                all announcing they are leaving & transferring bringing the total to six, the players leaving since the end of the season (Bell, Stull, Nze, Dittmer, Haas, Johnson0
                https://twitter.com/Todd_Rosiak/stat...86309399420928
                UW-Milwaukee's top scorer last year, Jeremiah Bell (14.1 ppg) transferred to UAB

Now second-leading scorer grad-transfer Brock Stull (13.4) commits to Minnesota over Valparaiso.

3rd leading scorer Bryce Nze (10.3 ppg & 8.5 rpg), only a sophomore with 2 years of eligibility left, is still available.

BTW, a number of years ago, UW-Milwaukee athletics tried hard to drop the "UW" prefix, and get everyone to call them the Milwaukee Panthers.
                When Bradley played them in the Feb, 2008 Bracket Buster game, we even had an obnoxious UW-Milwaukee fan register and come on Bradleyfans.com and threaten me for calling them UW-Milwaukee instead of "Milwaukee".
                However, it never caught on completely with people outside of Milwaukee, especially since the school has retained the official name UW-Milwaukee-
                The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee excels in teaching, research and service to the community while fueling the Wisconsin economy.

Plus, even after the change, their own athletic website continued for many years to use the name UW-Milwaukee Panthers, and their website name remained uwmpanthers.com until a little over 3 years ago.-

They eventually scrubbed all the references to UW-Milwaukee from their athletic site, and then changed their website URL. Now for the last 3+ years, they have re-branded their team as the MKE Panthers and all those old links to their uwmpanthers.com website are defunct.-
                The official athletics website for the Milwaukee Athletics | Official Athletics Website Panthers

But there are still some parts of their school's website that use the old UW-Milwaukee Panthers name-
                The UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena is the ultimate venue for sports & entertainment in Milwaukee with state-of-the-art systems and great views.

Comment

• I just call their arena ???The Mecca???.

Good job on them for the rebranding. Too bad nothing else has gone right. They??™re in disarray. Lucas might regret going home.

Comment

• Shea is 99% going to either Evansville or Drake, per a source.
                    You've been Sniped

Comment

• I would like to have had him, wonder if we were after him...

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbiansniper34 View Post
                        Shea is 99% going to either Evansville or Drake, per a source.
                        Both Evansville & Drake will be undergoing major rebuilding next season. Too bad he isn't going to a winning program. He is an incredible shooter who could help a lot of good programs. Most of his shots were on the move, heavily guarded, falling away, or from many feet behind the 3-point line and yet he shot 44% from three. Yes, it was Division III, but that is still a rarity to find a kid with that kind of shooting skill.

Comment

• When is the date that players have to make a final decision on whether they are staying in the NBA draft or withdrawing their name? It seems like a lot of teams have open scholarships and I thought maybe there was consideration that some of those guys will back out and need a spot to play next year. Whether that is signing one of those guys directly, or seeing if a player will be booted off scholarship at their school to make room, there might be players available later than usual.

Just a random thought that popped up that I am ignorant on. Figured DC or someone else on here might have a better understanding on that front.
                          Gotta stop feeding the trolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihatetea View Post
                            When is the date that players have to make a final decision on whether they are staying in the NBA draft or withdrawing their name? It seems like a lot of teams have open scholarships and I thought maybe there was consideration that some of those guys will back out and need a spot to play next year. Whether that is signing one of those guys directly, or seeing if a player will be booted off scholarship at their school to make room, there might be players available later than usual.

Just a random thought that popped up that I am ignorant on. Figured DC or someone else on here might have a better understanding on that front.
                            For those who declared and did not hire an agent, the deadline to withdraw and retain eligibility is May 30.
                            Most, if not all of those who will withdraw are still committed to the school they last played at and must return there unless they get a release. If they obtain a release, they could transfer but would have to sit out a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Coach View Post
                              Both Evansville & Drake will be undergoing major rebuilding next season. Too bad he isn't going to a winning program. He is an incredible shooter who could help a lot of good programs. Most of his shots were on the move, heavily guarded, falling away, or from many feet behind the 3-point line and yet he shot 44% from three. Yes, it was Division III, but that is still a rarity to find a kid with that kind of shooting skill.
                              The problem is that he can't guard anyone. Way too small.
                              You've been Sniped

Comment

• Originally posted by BRADLEY FAN 49 View Post
                                Shea Feehan played for Eureka college last year averaged 30.6 ppg is a tough kid .
                                Graduated early is looking to transfer to get his Master's.
                                He was thinking about DePaul but heard his parents would like him to go to BRADLEY.
                                44% from 3
                                87% FT
                                Looks like Shea is committing to Evansville. He had at least 10 D1 offers
                                I think many people will be surprised how good this kid really is.
                                Hopefully he doesn't hurt B.U. when we play them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget 6

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X